Dean Henderson | Sold to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
We lose doubly when we put players on ridiculous wages—players who have not earned it.

It's a stupid Glazer policy, that has done more harm than good.
And at least now steps are being made to remove those contracted players and bring in fees for them as well as free up the wages.

Giggsyking

he is on 5.2 m a year with two years left. Bayindir will cost 4.3m in transfers but what his salary will look like? 40-50k per week? this will give us room to buy another player.

GoldanoGraham

he is on 5.2 m a year with two years left. Bayindir will cost 4.3m in transfers but what his salary will look like? 40-50k per week? this will give us room to buy another player.
He is also an academy product so everything goes to FFP bottom line calculations.

arnie_ni

So who doesn’t use amoritization and how do they record their transfer deals because I am really curious now.
Everyone uses it but they don't suddenly find 75 mil down the back of the sofa to actually spend on a player. It's not just ffp holding us back

IrishRedDevil

It’s a great deal. They’ve potentially sorted their goalkeeper position for the next 10 years.
There’s no way he stays at Palace for 10 years. His attitude tells him that he’s better than what he is. He will move on in 3 years and United will get a sell on fee to add to the £20m.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
There’s no way he stays at Palace for 10 years. His attitude tells him that he’s better than what he is. He will move on in 3 years and United will get a sell on fee to add to the £20m.
People said the same about Zaha. If he helps them push for Europe, who knows what’ll happen in the next decade?

foolsgold

A few years back I thought he was going to be our long term solution, there's what might have been if it hadn't been for his Covid situation, maybe ole would have moved on De Gea. At this stage, a 20m deal is fantastic for everyone involved. Hopefully we see at least 1 or 2 more outgoings before the window closes and we get the money to buy a number 6.

m1tch

Things have worked out better for him in the end. Far better to join Palace than Forest.

arnie_ni

A few years back I thought he was going to be our long term solution, there's what might have been if it hadn't been for his Covid situation, maybe ole would have moved on De Gea. At this stage, a 20m deal is fantastic for everyone involved. Hopefully we see at least 1 or 2 more outgoings before the window closes and we get the money to buy a number 6.
He was never going to be our LT solution. He wasn't good enough and didn't have the correct attitude.

parmenio

Everyone uses it but they don't suddenly find 75 mil down the back of the sofa to actually spend on a player. It's not just ffp holding us back
FFP is not holding us back we’re skint. We spent our budget at the off with the 3 we bought. Unless the Glazers open the pennie box or we get to move say Harry / McTom etc etc then not much happening. Henderson should finance Amrabat at least.

massey

Things have worked out better for him in the end. Far better to join Palace than Forest.
Yep better for him I checked on the forest forum quite a few of them saying they shouldn't deal with united again with loans if this is how we are going about it ? What loan them a player for a good chunk of last season then ask for a fee which seems a reasonable price for what palace are paying then the fact they expected us to loan him again when we wanted a sale is a laugh imo regardless of him not being fit he's young still and he got injured playing for them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Be nice to see the back of him. Very irritating bloke

SAFMUTD

Great deal for both parts, he's a decent keeper just 20M it's a fair price considering his in really high wages (comparing to his talent). We should had sold him years ago after that Sheffield loan I think we could've got around 35-40M at that point.

caid

Yep better for him I checked on the forest forum quite a few of them saying they shouldn't deal with united again with loans if this is how we are going about it ? What loan them a player for a good chunk of last season then ask for a fee which seems a reasonable price for what palace are paying then the fact they expected us to loan him again when we wanted a sale is a laugh imo regardless of him not being fit he's young still and he got injured playing for them.
Pretty silly. My guess is they were trying to save on wages and were going to make an offer on the 31st. I presume if they offer us 20m now we'll take it. Henderson will pick palace obviously but that has nothing to do with us.

flappyjay

The audacity after he got injured playing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.