Dean Henderson | Sold to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Strange one this. Guaita wants to go so we have a keeper vacancy but RB, LW and ST are much bigger priorities for us. Thought we’d get a relatively cheap backup for Sam Johnstone (eg Iversen at Leicester or Alex McCarthy at Saints) and blow any budget we have elsewhere. Kinda suggests to me that this deal could be one of those ‘too good to pass up on’ deals, so probably not the kind of fee you‘re hoping for.

SinNombre

I dislike Henderson as much as the next guy but let's not be silly here
Yeah somehow these oft criticized players turn out to solid PL quality when playing for a lesser team like Perreira.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Strange one this. Guaita wants to go so we have a keeper vacancy but RB, LW and ST are much bigger priorities for us. Thought we’d get a relatively cheap backup for Sam Johnstone (eg Iversen at Leicester or Alex McCarthy at Saints) and blow any budget we have elsewhere. Kinda suggests to me that this deal could be one of those ‘too good to pass up on’ deals, so probably not the kind of fee you‘re hoping for.
Well we suck at selling so you probably got him for free

Chief123

Please don’t say anything that could scupper this deal. Please just take him. We’ve been stung too many times with selling this transfer window.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I dislike Henderson as much as the next guy but let's not be silly here
Leaving his attitude etc completely to one side, he's just not a very good PL standard goalkeeper. He's good at saving penalties. He's average at dealing with crosses. He's absolutely crap at basically everything else.

From the PL keepers starting last season, I'd only have taken him ahead of Bazunu and Danny Ward.

CM

Leaving his attitude etc completely to one side, he's just not a very good PL standard goalkeeper. He's good at saving penalties. He's average at dealing with crosses. He's absolutely crap at basically everything else.

From the PL keepers starting last season, I'd only have taken him ahead of Bazunu and Danny Ward.
I don't think he's great by any stretch of the imagination but he's good enough to be a Premier League goalkeeper somewhere and certainly better than the likes of Matt Turner.

He'll have a half decent Premier League career, just nowhere near the level of Manchester United.

Conor

A torn quad is a really awful injury, too, especially for a keeper. It's like a torn hamstring for a winger: long recovery time, diminishes one of their most important attributes and there's no guarantee the muscle will go back to its original strength pre-injury.
What are you saying it diminishes? I'm not sure it's going to impact explosive agility, like you seem to be suggesting.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The fact that it's a permanent deal rather than a loan is a positive. As is generally getting rid of a player who doesn't want to be here and is on silly wages.

Brophs

The One and Only
Busy summer for the Henderson twins. One is a supporter of human rights abuses and the other just got a move to Saudi.

Long Time Red

If it's now a permanent deal I would guess the initial fee isn't more than £10m and there will be lots of performance related addons.

That would help us with FFP and allow us to spend.

IrishRedDevil

As I understand it. Personal terms have already been agreed (end ofJune). The delay is nothing to do with Henderson. I‘m wondering if ETH actually wants to keep him considering all the obstacles he’s put in place in the last couple of months.
Palace didn’t have any issues getting it sorted out in a few days.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sounds like we’re compromising on fee, replacing with someone for quite cheap and using the FFP profit generated to hopefully get a midfielder in.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Maybe this makes a bit more sense from the Palace perspective now, Nixon from The Sun reckon Sam Johnstone is homesick and might be off to Wolves, Henderson is coming to Palace to replace him and Jose Sa will end up at Forest. That means we’ll probably add a back-up keeper as well.

Zoo

Maybe this makes a bit more sense from the Palace perspective now, Nixon from The Sun reckon Sam Johnstone is homesick and might be off to Wolves, Henderson is coming to Palace to replace him and Jose Sa will end up at Forest.
Henderson has landed on his feet ending up at Palace instead of a relegation battle with Forest.

Brophs

The One and Only
Good deal for all concerned. Palace get a decent keeper and Henderson gets to leave before ETH sees his wanger in the showers and instantly turns irreversibly gay.

SinNombre

Forest paid 10m for an older, worse and non-homegrown keeper in Turner. Anything less than 20m would be terrible.
Ok - with add-ons, we get to 20m + sell-on fee.

Not terrible.

Now wait for the numpties who wanted to let him go on a free complain about the transfer fee.

Long Time Red

Explain to me like I'm five years old.
For FFP purposes transfer fees are spread over a players contract.

Standard contract now is 5 years so the £15m fee allows us to buy £75m worth of players as for FFP purposes it's only £15m each season over the next 5 years.

Skills

Snitch
Amoritized fees. We can bank all of the 15M incoming in this years accounts and spread any spending over 5 years so 15M x 5 years is 75M potentially.
As long as you can find another £15m in additional revenue for the next 4 years too.

There's going to be feck all left in the coffers for any future transfer windows, if we go by this logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.