Dean Henderson

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Probably best for him. Still, a bit of a shame. Impressed me in the little I saw of him.
Any idea where is he off to?
He's a good keeper but needs games as badly as Pereira next season. Hope we keep O'Hara as the 3rd keeper, not like we need to use him. Grimsby's probably not a bad guess for Hendo, a good level to get first team games.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's gone to Shrewsbury on loan for the season. Good luck to him.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
UNITED KEEPER HENDERSON JOINS SHREWSBURY
Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson has joined League One side Shrewsbury Town on loan for the 2017/18 season.

Henderson, who was part of the England squad that won the Under-20 World Cup in the summer, has been a regular for United’s Reserves and was on the first-team bench for the Emirates FA Cup win at Blackburn Rovers in February.

The 20-year-old also spent time on loan at Grimsby Town last season, keeping four clean sheets in seven League Two appearances before being recalled by the Redsafter Joel Pereira suffered an injury.

Henderson will link up with his new side on Tuesday ahead of their pre-season campaign, which includes fixtures against Aston Villa, Cardiff City and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

“I’m delighted to come here,” the Cumbria-born stopper told Shewsbury’s official website. “I could have gone to a lot of League Two clubs this year, but I had to show that development and go into the next league.

“I will be working hard every day in training and hopefully performing well in the games before the season starts. I’ve left no stones unturned, so I’m ready.”

Shrews boss Paul Hurst brought Henderson to Grimsby last August, though all of the youngster’s appearances came after the manager had moved to Shrewsbury.

“He’s a keeper with a big future in front of him and he will be looking to take this opportunity to really kick on and progress his career,” Hurst said.

“He kicks the ball extremely well. He’s probably one of the most confident characters I have met, he will come for crosses and he likes to be proactive in terms of his approach to his goalkeeping.

“He did well at Grimsby last season after I’d left and he got himself in the team. We think he’s got a big future and hopefully he can show that with us.”

Giggsy92

Hurst never played him at Grimsby, hope he's got some assurances of first-team football.

khoazany

Judging from their pre-season Deano will be their number 1 GK. They had a good pre-season too, with wins against Aston Villa, Wolves and Cardiff.

khoazany

Clean sheet on his League One debut as they beat Redmond's Northampton Town 1-0 yesterday.

GazTheLegend

I've spoken to a few Shrewsbury fans who told me he's having an absolutely fantastic season and they think he's premier league quality easily.

They're biased, but the Town are doing VERY well right now so he must be playing his part!

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Following in the footsteps of namesakes like the world class Jordan and highly rated Sasquatch Harry.

Seriously, he looks like a bloody good goalie from the few clips but then I thought the same of Karius before he arrived so I'm not the greatest judge.

strandty

I work at Grimsby Town FC and worked alongside Dean for the time he was here and he really is a fantastic keeper. His distribution is incredible, he commands his area superbly and he is able to organise those in front of him. It's easy to see that the defenders trust the keeper between the sticks when he is there. The lad has got a huge future ahead of him.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I work at Grimsby Town FC and worked alongside Dean for the time he was here and he really is a fantastic keeper. His distribution is incredible, he commands his area superbly and he is able to organise those in front of him. It's easy to see that the defenders trust the keeper between the sticks when he is there. The lad has got a huge future ahead of him.
Greetings from across the Humber. How's the team doing generally? I'm old enough to remember when they were in a much higher league than Hull.

GazTheLegend

Great to hear!

Prodigal7

I believe we signed him from Shrewsbury in the first place. He probably feels comfortable around the place which is helping him to perform.

GazTheLegend

He’s just been recalled to Manchester United.

He’s had an absolutely fantastic season at Shrewsbury Town and has been a big part of their promotion challenge.

Rumours are he’s out of contract in the summer and United are wanting to have another look at him. Hull City are making enquiries.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He’s just been recalled to Manchester United.

He’s had an absolutely fantastic season at Shrewsbury Town and has been a big part of their promotion challenge.

Rumours are he’s out of contract in the summer and United are wanting to have another look at him. Hull City are making enquiries.
He signed a new contract two or three weeks ago.

Edit: He apparently didn't. My bad.

flappyjay

Is it not similar to last season when Joel Pereira got called back and then Dean went on loan. I think it's Joel turn to go for a six month loan.

GazTheLegend

Anyone catch Shrewsbury v West Ham yesterday?

He didn’t have much to do but did everything that was needed and looked assured.

Apparently he was only cleared to play by Man Utd on Friday, wasn’t originally allowed to play in the first few rounds of the FA cup.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He just has the stature of a goalkeeper to me, so that's enough really.

GazTheLegend

Playing for the England under 21’s today.

Currently keeping a clean sheet and has had to make a few saves with a shaky looking defence in front of him by all accounts.

Robbo*

Is there a possibility that he's better than Pereira? Seems to have the right personality to match the ability.

spenzo

Is there a possibility that he's better than Pereira? Seems to have the right personality to match the ability.
From what I've seen of both over the years I'd personally say he is. Hope we keep him around because he could be a top keeper.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Does actually look decent in the recent u21 training vids.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He'd have a fair shout a two least of being better than Joel. Looks a proper talent in net. I can see him forcing a move for game time. Was reports of him being angry over being recalled last season. He is destined for the PL either way.

Acole9

Outstanding
I've seen him play a few times for Shrewsbury and I don't think he's all that. Reminds me of Hart a bit, gets too easily distracted. He was at fault for the goal vs Romania under 21's apparently.

Last edited:

Kostov

I'm not sure what's the fuss with Pereira, apart from few fumbles and howlers I've not seen anything remarkable about him. Henderson looks like a better talent, I've not seen him how he is doing on loan but he is getting rave reviews constantly. Even in the youth teams I think he was rated higher.

Web of Bissaka

I like him, sounds like he's a very ambitious player. Nice self-drive to propel himself to be better and better, continuously developing. Playing seems to be the best option at the moment, thus the loans. I want him to succeed here, but it could be complicated. I can see him forcing a move in the future though to be the first choice.

Buy-back clause! :devil: That way he'll know the club highly rates him and wants him back one day, when he's ready.

ti vu

Glad for the lad. If we can get a buy back clause in, then it's good for him to get a serious permanent move so he can get all the senior experience he needs for his development.