Dean Henderson

deafepl

Easily one of the best player for Shrewsbury in League one final playoff. Saved penalty and make 6 saves.

ReddyMcRedface

Really liked the way he dealt with the one-on-ones he had with Lavery and Smith.

By simply not committing and staying big for as long as possible he forced the mistakes. A lot like the way Dave deals with one-on-ones.

Save at the end also reminded me of one Dave made from Suarez a few years ago, brilliant.

GazTheLegend

Easily one of the best player for Shrewsbury in League one final playoff. Saved penalty and make 6 saves.
He's a great bloke, deserves it.

And having a godlike game today. No matter what happens today he'll be in the Championship next season.

deafepl

He's a hell of a keeper. Will be interesting to see who he signs with. Maybe a championship side pushing for promotion.
Arsenal is interested in him as well. West Brom wanted him last summer, Chelsea is after him to replace 2nd choice goalkeepers.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Wait, have we sold him? Of all our young goalkeepers i thought he looked the most exiting.

Mister_Stubbs

If all these clubs are interested in him it begs the question... why aren’t we giving him a new deal?

deafepl

Any club would be very lucky to have him for nothing if he leaves us this summer.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We are. He is turning it down.
That sucks. Do you think he is good enough now to be backup goalkeeper for us? Read a rumour we supposed to be in for Joe Hart to replace Romero, wouldn't it maybe be better to promote this guy? Even if it gets a bit weird for Pereira.

Classical Mechanic

Arsenal is interested in him as well. West Brom wanted him last summer, Chelsea is after him to replace 2nd choice goalkeepers.
Hopefully he doesn't go to be number 2 at a big club.

That sucks. Do you think he is good enough now to be backup goalkeeper for us? Read a rumour we supposed to be in for Joe Hart to replace Romero, wouldn't it maybe be better to promote this guy? Even if it gets a bit weird for Pereira.
He needs to play football I would have thought.

deafepl

Sell De Gea and sign him up on a long contract i would say
De Gea is 6 years older than Henderson, I'd want De Gea to stay longer before Henderson can be ready. I really rated Henderson highly, same as Joel Periera and Johnstone. We are very lucky that we have the best goalkeeper in each English division, De Gea is the best goalkeeper in Premier League, Johnstone is the best goalkeeper in Championship and Henderson is the best goalkeeper in League One, they all made it to the team of the season in each division.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Everything I've heard about the lad suggests he isn't really interested in being a number 2. He was angry last season when we recalled him. He's got to play to keep improving and he realizes that. I can't see him signing for any top team to be a number 2.

He is better than Joel imo. He is much better at commanding his area and backline.

Kostov

Henderson looks much more promising than Pereira, shame if we let him go.

Backrow Singer

He’s certainly talented: tall, good reflexes, strong with the ball, shot stopper. Bit of an issue with his temperament maybe but he’ll grow out of that. Excellent today, that save late on was top class and he got their back four out of trouble numerous times.

From his point of view though, he’s got a keeper like De Gea in front of him, if he wants to play he’ll probably have to look elsewhere. He isn’t going to want to go from playing a full season of first team football to playing limited games. It’s the sad thing about that position I guess.

Affirmation

It would be such a loss if we don't manage to renew Dean's contract, he's a very talented player and is still very young with a lot of potential. Between him and Joel Pereira, I would honestly rather keep Dean who seems a better goalkeeper to me. He also showed himself to be a very exciting and reliable player, proving himself in League One in an overachieving team as well as earning himself a spot in the League's "Team of the Year".

I actually watched my Brother play against Dean at youth level before he signed for us, he was very impressive even at that young age and was reported to be "very excited" about the impending move to United.

If Sergio Romero does indeed leave this Summer, I honestly would not mind Dean being second choice. However I think Mourinho much prefers Joel which is unfortunate in my opinion. I'm not claiming Joel isn't a talented player either, just that I much prefer Dean and the added bonus that he is also English and potentially a future number one for the National team is an attractive prospect. At this point though, it's way too early to say for sure but I wouldn't mind us signing him up to a new contract while also giving him another loan potentially.

Last edited:
Reactions: KM

flappyjay

Moments like these is when you realise the importance of having a second team. Right now all we can offer is more money and a loan move

Kostov

The right thing to do is offer him a contract he cannot refuse, and send him on loan similar to the one Chelsea did with Courtois. Two years at the right club and we end up having a serious prospect ready to come into the squad.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wouldn't blame him at all if he wants to move. I think DDG'll sign a new contract which will realistically mean that he doesn't have a hope for taking the first choice GK spot for atleast five years. The club should do everything to get him to sign a new contract, I think his value will soar in time.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'd be disappointed if he did leave permanently. Even if we sell with an option to buy back or first option. I get that hell have to agrees to a new contract first.

izec

Future England no 1. He needs to leave United obviously, but it wont be too long before he is in the PL and probably NT

FromTheBench

From his point of view he should only leave if he gets guaranteed first team football at least in the championship.

strandty

From his point of view he should only leave if he gets guaranteed first team football at least in the championship.
Almost certainly will follow Paul Hurst to Ipswich. New deal here then out on loan, a VERY good keeper!

Ephrem

Give him a offer he can't refuse and sent this guy on loan like Chelsea did with Courtois. I still have a niggling feeling the De Gea might leave for Madrid in the next couple of seasons and by that time this guy can be ready !!!

ti vu

Great news. As good as he is he should continue to go on loan though.

Edit: for once, I hope the Mail is reliable with their news

Last edited: