Gaming Death Stranding 2

Irwin99

That trailer was hilarious and brilliant. Really looking forward to the second game.

Interesting that they went with Mexico, I predicted we'd be trekking across Europe or Asia.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Definitely one of my most anticipated games right now. The first was one was really good and I’m really interested in seeing where HK takes the next one - going by the trailer it seems everywhere. What I want from 2 is I) expanding the gameplay, it doesn’t have to become actioney but either add better combat or improve the stealth because I wasn’t able to get through a 2nd play though due to this ii) I don’t mind weird storytelling but the end of DS1 lost the plot after what was a really intriguing experience. Less of that meandering stuff.

Ainu

Definitely one of my most anticipated games right now. The first was one was really good and I’m really interested in seeing where HK takes the next one - going by the trailer it seems everywhere. What I want from 2 is I) expanding the gameplay, it doesn’t have to become actioney but either add better combat or improve the stealth because I wasn’t able to get through a 2nd play though due to this ii) I don’t mind weird storytelling but the end of DS1 lost the plot after what was a really intriguing experience. Less of that meandering stuff.
Judging by the direction Kojima has been going in for years now, expect more of that. Much, much more. I've said it before, but for someone with a reputation for stories in games, he's an abysmal writer and storyteller, but actually a great game designer. The problem is he probably sees himself as the greatest storyteller in video game history or something.

amolbhatia50k

Judging by the direction Kojima has been going in for years now, expect more of that. Much, much more. I've said it before, but for someone with a reputation for stories in games, he's an abysmal writer and storyteller, but actually a great game designer. The problem is he probably sees himself as the greatest storyteller in video game history or something.
It’s an odd one. DS1 is a good example - for the most part I enjoyed even the narrative. Kojima has a way with creating worlds, cinematics and characters that are intriguing. But his writing isn’t elite by modern gaming standards and hence that last hour of DS1 completely fell apart.

Still I can’t help but look forward eagerly to DS2 due to the first bit I mention. Going back to MGS (one of my all time favourite series) I do love his unique way of designing games. They’re always memorable experiences no matter what.

Ainu

It’s an odd one. DS1 is a good example - for the most part I enjoyed even the narrative. Kojima has a way with creating worlds, cinematics and characters that are intriguing. But his writing isn’t elite by modern gaming standards and hence that last hour of DS1 completely fell apart.

Still I can’t help but look forward eagerly to DS2 due to the first bit I mention. Going back to MGS (one of my all time favourite series) I do love his unique way of designing games. They’re always memorable experiences no matter what.
I mostly agree. He has interesting ideas and when you're interacting with his worlds and characters through gameplay, it's all good.

It's when he takes control away from you and lets a stupidly named character like Die Hardman or Hot Coldman or whatever monologue away for half an hour about shit you really couldn't care less about, that's when he's at his worst.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I mostly agree. He has interesting ideas and when you're interacting with his worlds and characters through gameplay, it's all good.

It's when he takes control away from you and lets a stupidly named character like Die Hardman or Hot Coldman or whatever monologue away for half an hour about shit you really couldn't care less about, that's when he's at his worst.
It's German for The Hard Man

amolbhatia50k

:lol: I guess. Can’t help but laugh at all of this. There’s a Hardman and a Heartman!

But I’ll admit I was enjoying these bits regardless. The ending on beach though was terribly done.

Woodzy

Surely the ridiculous is part of the appeal with Kojima?

I don't think I would regard MGS so highly if it wasnt for the absolute nonsense.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm glad we're still playing as Sam.

It looks amazing, and insane at the same time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The combat in this sequel needs to be more challenging and, frankly, more exciting.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I hope Forssell's music gets more attention this time around. Like his Phantom Pain work, his score is bloody fantastic, and if you haven't checked out the two albums of his work please do so. It's infinitely better than hearing Low fecking Roar play the same thing over and over, pretending to be a different song each time. Pah.

The instrumental BBs Theme and Pizza Time are genuine bangers.

amolbhatia50k

The combat in this sequel needs to be more challenging and, frankly, more exciting.
Agreed. Really enjoyed DS but the combat sections as well as the non BT stealth sections were just half baked.