Declan Rice | Switches international allegiance to England four years ago

Kostov

He was great tonight. Top player in the making. We should have pursued him on a free, the way he is playing anyone wanting to buy him and we are talking about a 50m+ transfer.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We really should make him a priority this summer. He'd be the perfect young replacement for Matic.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He's a 100m player in todays market, I know that sounds nuts but that's the way it's gone.
Nah he's not reached that level yet. But not far off, I suspect a bit of £70m+ would only let West Ham consider it.

No chance anyone will be signing him in the summer and nor should they at his current rate of development.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's a 100m player in todays market, I know that sounds nuts but that's the way it's gone.
He is in his hole. The world's gone mad but Declan's played about 10 minutes for West Ham. They'll play hard ball but once this little spell of intense scrutiny and exceptional form runs out, they'll cough him up for 40.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Chelsea, United or City, just an opinion though and it will probably be end of next season.
City or Chelsea haven't come close to spending £100m and we only came close with on Pogba. Our transfer kitty is around £200m apparently in the summer (I know you're talking about next), I don't think we can afford to blow half our budget on a holding midfielder.

Don't get me wrong, Rice won't be sold by West Ham, he'll just remain there. This is also under the assumption he doesn't have a 2nd season hangover either.

Frank Grimes

City or Chelsea haven't come close to spending £100m and we only came close with on Pogba. Our transfer kitty is around £200m apparently in the summer (I know you're talking about next), I don't think we can afford to blow half our budget on a holding midfielder.

Don't get me wrong, Rice won't be sold by West Ham, he'll just remain there. This is also under the assumption he doesn't have a 2nd season hangover either.
It's just my view, a prediction, time will tell. It's not a matter of fact.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Is he a CB or a midfielder? Reminds me a bit of what Jones looked like arriving on the scene. Not sure if that is a positive or a negative at this point.

stepic

He’s a defensive midfielder. They don’t go for £100m :lol:

Hea a good player though. Would love him here.

Hawks2008

Tidy player but not ready for a top club, and definitely not a £100m player yet. He should keep developing at West Ham for a while.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
You’re better off trying to develop James Garner or Angel Gomes (who looks a bonafide regista) than spending 100m on Declan Rice. With transfer fees the way they are, it should all be about developing young talent.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
We need him in the United team, and Ireland team but especially United. Whoever gets him from WH will be getting a player. Said in another thread that he is the one PL player I'd take if I had the choice, superb talent.
Hope he chooses ireIand :keano:

Is he a CB or a midfielder? Reminds me a bit of what Jones looked like arriving on the scene. Not sure if that is a positive or a negative at this point.
He started off as a CB I think they only moved him to midfield this season

In Rainbows

You’re better off trying to develop James Garner or Angel Gomes (who looks a bonafide regista) than spending 100m on Declan Rice. With transfer fees the way they are, it should all be about developing young talent.
Yeah, I'm in favor of prioritizing someone like Sancho over our talented youth players, but Rice isn't in that bracket of talent. Would rather just try our hand at giving Garner a chance before spending money on a very young dm.

Kostov

How far is he from being ready for the PL though? Very good player by all accounts.

Bola

We need him in the United team, and Ireland team but especially United. Whoever gets him from WH will be getting a player. Said in another thread that he is the one PL player I'd take if I had the choice, superb talent.
He has the choice to pick his footballing nation, but I'd be surprised if he picks Ireland over England. In the latter, he'd pretty much complete the team and England are crying out for a deeper midfielder like him.

Could be a key player, with a genuine chance at trophies (starting with the Nations League). He's be a superstar for Ireland mind, but it could be a George Best or George Weah situation of a star player not getting the chance to shine

Bola

We really should make him a priority this summer. He'd be the perfect young replacement for Matic.
I said this in part desperation in Jan, but I wonder if West Ham would consider a swap deal involving Lukaku?

The future if Arnie is uncertain and the rest of their strikers are not up to it. While Lukkaku could be a top player for them

dogwithabone

A straight £100m cash will be a bit over the top but a £50m bid with a couple of our dead wood chucked in might be worth it in terms of securing a great young player and clearing the decks at the same time.

Thisistheone

We need to be signing this guy in the summer. Looks amazing at 19. Also seems like he has a tactical head on him, Mark Noble speaking afterwards that himself and Declan spoke a lot about the team shape leading into the game.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
A straight £100m cash will be a bit over the top but a £50m bid with a couple of our dead wood chucked in might be worth it in terms of securing a great young player and clearing the decks at the same time.
Yeah. West Ham love an old, highly-paid, injury-prone player that's well past their prime, so flash a bit of Valencia or Young at them and they'll go weak at the knees!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
100 million? What's be done exactly to be worth that much?
Aye, the world we live in. Seems any "young talent" is worth 100m+ in today's market, irrespective of number of appearances or honors/awards achieved in the game. Madness.

But I don't think West Ham will want, or need to sell, and hence maybe only a crazy offer will suffice? That's probably what Frank meant.
Yeah. West Ham love an old, highly-paid, injury-prone player that's well past their prime, so flash a bit of Valencia or Young at them and they'll go weak at the knees!
true :lol:

Jeffthered

I will continue to withhold judgement as to whether he will be the next 'Busquets' (who makes this stuff up...), as I have seen so, so, so, so, so many young players given these titles and expectations before they have really shown a degree of consistency. The reactive nature of punditry is actually not great for football.

Last night, he played very, very, well... I was impressed and I think he will continue to develop under a very good and experienced manager. He would add to our squad, and he would create competition, for Matic, Herrera.. Fred and McTominay need to look after their own games, because they simply do not cut it right now, and this is causing a headache for Ole.

What I want to see, are young midfielders who want to drive forward and power through games. Harry Winks, Lallana, Dier, Henderson... all ok players, hit the odd great pass etc.. but they are so boring. I worry that Declan Rice may become like these guys ... What happened to the midfielders who want to really dictate a game.. Ince, Keane, Viera, Gerrard, Scholes, ... Pogba has shown signs, and when he does this, he looks like he is playing a different game to those around him. This is why Kante made such an impact from a deep lying role.. he took the game away from the opposition, pushed his team on... I think we all like the Jorginho, Fernandino etc.. they play a tremendous role, and I suppose it is about preference, game-style (to a degree..) and opinion. But I always am a little wary of midfielders who just 'sit'. You have to do more. Should do more.

But a midfielder that can take a game and drive his team on, hit tackles, score goals.. pass.. seems like it's a lost art.