Dele Alli

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Aside from the racism it was painfully unfunny and the sort of thing a 12 year old might find humorous, but this is a player who still invents handshakes and does Fortnite dances

EngimaMK

Aside from the racism it was painfully unfunny and the sort of thing a 12 year old might find humorous, but this is a player who still invents handshakes and does Fortnite dances
He reminds me of Lingard but with a worse temper. Despite his stupidity, Jesse isn't an outright arsehole. Unlike Dele.

kyofusho

Alli is just a moron, plain and simple. In this day and age, with the sheer worldwide exposure that footballers get, to even think about publishing such a video is sheer idiocy :houllier:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Having your haven invaded by burglars is a terrible feelifg. Happened to me a couple months ago and now i have a swiss knife and a flash Light on my bedtable.

FujiVice

You got to be paying off local heavies to do your security if you have a house like that and are on that money. If you have a house and on about £250,000 a week, you got to let people know your house is a no go area.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Having your haven invaded by burglars is a terrible feelifg. Happened to me a couple months ago and now i have a swiss knife and a fleshlight on my bedtable.
How is this going to help you ? :confused:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Man, I feel like I'd be on edge about being burgled all the time if I was rich, especially if I was on me tod. I think I'd want live in security.

Himannv

London seems like a really messed up place to live in if you're a well-paid footballer. Same thing happened to Vertonghen's family. People know how much you are roughly earning thanks to tabloids and other sources so it seems very dangerous.

You got to be paying off local heavies to do your security if you have a house like that and are on that money. If you have a house and on about £250,000 a week, you got to let people know your house is a no go area.
That's probably the best approach.

If i was that high profile and on that kind of wage i'd definitely have live-in security. These break ins are getting more and more common.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not exactly his biggest fan but good to hear he's relatively unharmed. Footballers in England are becoming frequent targets lately.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Anyways who the feck even tries home invasions these days in an increasingly cashless world? What do they even expect to get? Some loose change, iPhones and jewelry? You can't run with an expensive big TV and considering there are cameras almost everywhere they need to be a genius to commit the perfect crime and if they are indeed geniuses, they'll go rob some expensive art collection when the museums are closed, not fecking Dele Alli.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Horrible thing to happen to anybody - glad he is ok but I'm sure he is very shaken up.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
If i was that high profile and on that kind of wage i'd definitely have live-in security. These break ins are getting more and more common.
Probably wouldn't cost that much either, (relatively speaking) if you were to hire them yourself, 8 guards working 2 at a time to ensure there's always 2 onsite 24/7 would cost you 400k a year - when you make that in a fortnight it's a no brainer.

ASHWIT

Probably wouldn't cost that much either, (relatively speaking) if you were to hire them yourself, 8 guards working 2 at a time to ensure there's always 2 onsite 24/7 would cost you 400k a year - when you make that in a fortnight it's a no brainer.
It would cost you a hell of a lot more for loyal ones

ASHWIT

50k a year isnt enough for someone to take a bullet for you - but would certainly get you a deterrent for burglars.
Agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of bribery and/or collaboration with said burglars.

arnie_ni

What sort of idiot robs a house in lockdown?

Unless he wanted him to be there

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Footballers are an easy target because its known when they aren't at home, the media often gives away where they live and they're young men who maybe aren't security conscious.

As a general piece of advice, be careful about who you tell about your holiday plans. People often pass these details onto burglars in exchange for a small cut.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of bribery and/or collaboration with said burglars.
There's always that, but that's worst case scenario, and in worst case scenarios then you'll always get burgled.

Generally you'd get burgled by scum who are not smart enough to come up with something genuinely intelligent enough like bribing security etc (that and there just wont be much money for the problems) and in this case, having two heavies around your house 24/7 will reduce the risk of you getting burgled massively.

On a side note you could just hire a security company and it would be much cheaper and less hassle for you.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Hasnt this kind of thing been happening for ages? Didnt someone try to burgle Duncan Ferguson's house like 20 years ago?

passing-wind

Anyways who the feck even tries home invasions these days in an increasingly cashless world? What do they even expect to get? Some loose change, iPhones and jewelry? You can't run with an expensive big TV and considering there are cameras almost everywhere they need to be a genius to commit the perfect crime and if they are indeed geniuses, they'll go rob some expensive art collection when the museums are closed, not fecking Dele Alli.
I think it's possessions, footballers likely have all manner of Jewelry prestige watches especially trendy brands on the market are worth up to a few hundred grand. I think these thiefs will have likely done some type of assessment to see what they could grab.

It's a shame really as many footballers stand as good examples in society's, the very same communities people will look to exploit them in. Opportunist are the worst type of individuals when it comes to negativity because there's almost nothing they wouldn't do. I can only think for those of fame to take more precautions around security. Sometimes it can even be the jealousy of those closest as naturally they would be unassuming.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Catch the robbers and have healthy cops cough at them. Let them experience fear.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Hasnt this kind of thing been happening for ages? Didnt someone try to burgle Duncan Ferguson's house like 20 years ago?
It actually happened twice to Ferguson, with neither ending well for the burglars.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12158603.duncan-ferguson-fights-off-two-intruders/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2748887.stm

It might be urban legend, but I remember reading that when the cops arrived Ferguson was sitting on top of the burglar drinking a beer :lol:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
It actually happened twice to Ferguson, with neither ending well for the burglars.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12158603.duncan-ferguson-fights-off-two-intruders/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2748887.stm

It might be urban legend, but I remember reading that when the cops arrived Ferguson was sitting on top of the burglar drinking a beer :lol:
:lol:

Probably a bit of a different proposition between burgling Dele 'boohooMAN' Alli the fashionista and someone like Ferguson or Joe Jordan in their prime.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So apparently Fergie told Jose to sign Alli when he was manager here

Thoughts?

dbs235

London seems like a really messed up place to live in if you're a well-paid footballer. Same thing happened to Vertonghen's family. People know how much you are roughly earning thanks to tabloids and other sources so it seems very dangerous.
Think sportsmen in general are easy targets. Insigne got robbed at gunpoint in the street in Naples, and a French F1 driver's house was robbed a few weeks ago while he was away racing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's lost his way but I still think he's good some really good seasons left in him. Forget how young he still is aswell.

Interested to see what he does now he's lost his England squad place.

0le

Was it Glaston who was adamant that Alli was a better player than Pogba?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Would love to swab with any of Lingard, Mata, and Pereira. His movement and quick thinking in/near the box is just superb.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Too up and down. Comes out one week gets an assist and goal and looks absolutely great. Next week if asked if Alli was on the pitch after watching the game you would have to go check the team sheet.

Definitely a good player on his day, but has serious consistency problems that at 24 he should be putting behind him. Having said that I would take him over Lingard any day.

Was it Glaston who was adamant that Alli was a better player than Pogba?
To be fair to Glaston, Alli really did look a world beater when he came on the scene, his first two seasons at Spurs were phenomenal.

Suedesi

Player rankings/assessments are never static - he could be great one season and dogshit the next. When he retires we can tally up the scores.

Only true world class players maintain consistency throughout the years and those are few and far between

So Dele Alli... sometimes good, sometimes shit.