Dele 'Muhammad' Alli | Walker takes the finger from Dele | FIFA open disciplinary proceedings

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Thought as we're playing the McDons tonight I'd start a thread on their 18 year old potential wonderkid.

There's going to be scouts from all the top English clubs watching him tonight, even Bayern Munich will have scouts there. I've seen him a few times and he always looks a class above. A solid game tonight and I wouldn't be surprised to see him moving before the end of the window.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dele_Alli

khoazany

Thought as we're playing the McDons tonight I'd start a thread on their 18 year old potential wonderkid.

There's going to be scouts from all the top English clubs watching him tonight, even Bayern Munich will have scouts there. I've seen him a few times and he always looks a class above. A solid game tonight and I wouldn't be surprised to see him moving before the end of the window.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dele_Alli
Cheeky bid for Wilson?

theyneverlearn

From United's official website in the preview section for the game.

Star man: Local lad Delle Ali may only be 18 years old but the powerful midfielder has been attracting admiring glances from Barclays Premier League scouts. The teenager is capable of scoring and creating goals and has been capped by England at Under-17 and Under-18 level. There has been speculation Liverpool could look to make another raid on Milton Keynes for him after previously swooping for fellow prospect Seyi Ojo.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
What's a "powerful midfielder"?
The opposite of a powerless one.

In seriousness, I think powerful describes strength & energy, I'd of called Ando powerful in his early days, wasn't the strongest but rarely muscled off and bombed through the midfield, an obvious "powerful" midfielder is Touré

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The opposite of a powerless one.

In seriousness, I think powerful describes strength & energy, I'd of called Ando powerful in his early days, wasn't the strongest but rarely muscled off and bombed through the midfield, an obvious "powerful" midfielder is Touré
Cheers, it's been so long since we had one, I'd almost forgotten.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was throwing his weight around a bit in the first half. Should have got a yellow with his tackle on Powell. Loved when Janko just brushed him off the ball, as to say, 'you're not the only hard man on the pitch'.

FromTheBench

Was decent but didn't see any great Spikes from him. Big fella who was comfortable on the ball playing it simple and bit of a hack.

Mister_Stubbs

I'm all for bringing in the best English young talent but right now we need to be focused on bringing in people for the now rather than "maybe he'll be good in a few years ala Nick Powell".

FromTheBench

I'm all for bringing in the best English young talent but right now we need to be focused on bringing in people for the now rather than "maybe he'll be good in a few years ala Nick Powell".
No reason why we cannot have both.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Judging from his performance against us, he should be ahead of the likes of Darren Fletcher in the pecking order if he does come here.

theyneverlearn

He embarrassed Powell during the match. Powell had a couple wild shots, other than that he didn't have the run of the midfield at all.

At 18, Alli looks a lot better than some of our centre midfield options, with the potential to improve as well.

Redo91

He embarrassed Powell during the match. Powell had a couple wild shots, other than that he didn't have the run of the midfield at all.

At 18, Alli looks a lot better than some of our centre midfield options, with the potential to improve as well.
They were hardly will shots in fairness. Once hit the stanchion behind the goal and the other went just over the bar. I agree though that he outplayed Powell.

theyneverlearn

They were hardly will shots in fairness. Once hit the stanchion behind the goal and the other went just over the bar. I agree though that he outplayed Powell.
He does have a good strike on him, but a little less power and a little more accuracy would have improved the shots.

theyneverlearn

Nice compilation.

At 18 he shows great composure to want the ball constantly in tight spots. His team are not scared to give him the ball in tight spots either, which our team yesterday seemed scared to do with Fletcher.

I'd happily take a punt on him, can't imagine his fee being more than a few million.

Edit: He scored and got MOTM yesterday against Crawley.

Lu Tze

Scored 6 goals in 8 league games from midfield, including a hat-trick. Pretty impressive.

Walters_19_MuFc

Clever move for Spurs. From what I've heard, he's got one hell of a future ahead of him. Surprised Liverpool didn't go in for him, seeing as he's been likened to Gerrard.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Could prove a smart bit of business from Tottenham. Would think they'd loan him to the Championship or a lower Premier League club next season.

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Great talent no doubt. Hopefully he'll have a better career as Jenas or Huddlestone at WHL.
Huddlestone got us into the Champions League and doubled his money, so he wasn't that bad.

Quite excited at the idea of Mason, Bentaleb and Alli coming through under Dembele and Stambouli. Cheap, skillful and energetic.

Worth it for £5m when you can sell guys like Naughton, Falque and Fryers even when they don't make it for a combined £12m.