Dele 'Muhammad' Alli | Walker takes the finger from Dele | FIFA open disciplinary proceedings

MeUnited

Alli isn't amazing at anything other than positioning and finishing, but he's still very good technically. He just makes the right pass a lot of the time, very good decision making. Lingard at rubbish at everything.

Bwuk

Dele Alli is miles ahead of Jesse Lingard ffs.

Agree entirely that he's a second striker and not a midfielder at all though.

Member 5225

What exactly is Alli markedly better at than Lingard? Other than heading which I mentioned, I just don't see it. I don't rate either of them highly but Lingard would do as good, if not better in that England team in the same role.
Are you actually serious?! Literally every other squad in the PL would find a place for him (Alli, not fecking Lingard!)

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
What exactly is Alli markedly better at than Lingard? Other than heading which I mentioned, I just don't see it. I don't rate either of them highly but Lingard would do as good, if not better in that England team in the same role.
Come on, youre having a laugh here.
Lingard would be lucky at the end of his career to be considered an average player. He is dire, an awful mistake to give him a contract over 100K.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Last two seasons:

Totals league goals and assists: Alli 44, Lingard 8.
Based on those stats alone, Lingard cannot be compared with D.Alli. There is too much of a gulf in class.
But no doubt, when it comes to silly handshakes or dancing, Lingard should come into his own.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Been quoted by a few too many people to reply to all of you, so. Just to make it clear, I do not rate Lingard. I just don't rate Dele Alli either. I hope this thread is still up in 3 or 4 years time so we can see that Alli isn't what he is hyped up to be, but the likelihood is that won't happen as over time with more and more average performances the hype will die down and he will just be an average premier league player and no one will bother to post about him anymore. That's his level. Lingard level.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Among BringNaniBack's intellectual accomplishments are thinking Jo Cox's murder is fake due to the family not showing enough grief and believing the world is literally flat.

I think it is worth considering that anything above elementary discussions of how to acquire food, shelter and water is basically out of his league. He should never have been taught how to start a computer really.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I do believe Alli here. There should be no punishment from the FA. He's apologised, nobody got hurt and everyone had a laugh.
when has that ever stopped the FA from pandering to the masses, whilst simultaneously being utterly out of tune with the wishes of the public?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Are some seriously arguing or debating whether or not Lingard is as good as Alli? That's ridiculous. And I'm in the minority who think Alli's a tad overrated. :lol:
By some you mean one poster whose previous thoughts were equally stupid.

E-mal

While Alli is definitely better than Lingard, I am of the opinion that he is way overrated. As a 10 or second striker or whatever role he is playing in spurs attack, his overall game is limited to me. He is excellent at finding spaces and finishing chances, but in terms of creativity and vision he is very much lacking.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Alli is better than Lingard of course but he is still just another overrated English player. If he was from any other country he wouldn't get as hyped as he does. He is nothing special really.

It is crazy that he is getting in trouble for that. Kids in the playground in primary school do that. It isn't offensive really, unless you are a little wuss who gets offended over everything.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Come on, youre having a laugh here.
Lingard would be lucky at the end of his career to be considered an average player. He is dire, an awful mistake to give him a contract over 100K.
He's not dire though is he, he's average to good at best (currently). He's a solid squad player

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Football is really going down the shitter if you get punished for sth like that.
Why shouldn't he get punished? He's representing England and it was live on tv. He's not on the playground. If Rooney gets punished for shouting into a camera then it's only right that Ali gets punished for flipping the bird on TV

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Love how the 'Alli flips bird' thread turns into another Lingard bashathon :lol:

Surely a three match ban.
Probably. It doesn't feel like the punishment fits the crime but there we are.

For what it's worth I found it funny and also liked his explanatory tweet.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Among BringNaniBack's intellectual accomplishments are thinking Jo Cox's murder is fake due to the family not showing enough grief and believing the world is literally flat.

I think it is worth considering that anything above elementary discussions of how to acquire food, shelter and water is basically out of his league. He should never have been taught how to start a computer really.
Oh boy, he's the flat earth/"NASA sceptic" guy... :lol: Makes sense now.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Alli is better than Lingard of course but he is still just another overrated English player. If he was from any other country he wouldn't get as hyped as he does. He is nothing special really.
He scores goals. LOTS of goals. That's what he does that is special.

If there was a 20 year old Italian who scored 22 goals last season while not even playing as a striker, this entire forum would have fapped themselves into oblivion over him. Don't kid yourself.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

If there was a 20 year old Italian who scored 22 goals last season while not even playing as a striker, this entire forum would have fapped themselves into oblivion over him. Don't kid yourself.
He's great and all but he does play as a striker though. He kinda plays in the position Rooney played in 05/06 and 06/07 seasons where he played behind RvN and Saha respectively.

Peanut Butter

He's not dire though is he, he's average to good at best (currently). He's a solid squad player
You're wasting your time mate - Lingard is RedCafe's scapegoat. "Dire"?! Hyperbole. Some of our fans are spoilt idiots at times.

As for Delle Ali, he is top class. Would have him at Utd yesterday.

AndyJ1985

You're wasting your time mate - Lingard is RedCafe's scapegoat. "Dire"?! Hyperbole. Some of our fans are spoilt idiots at times.

As for Delle Ali, he is top class. Would have him at Utd yesterday.
I'm wondering whether people who use the word scapegoat to describe our players even know what it means.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

Just because the entire forum would have 'fapped themselves' doesn't mean that has any effect on my opinion of him being over rated. I think M'bappe is over rated and he scored around 22 goals last season.

I said Alli was a good player I just think he is overrated.

Kevin Phillips is the last English player to win the Golden boot for all of the European leagues. He never got praised to be almost at world class levels, which Alli does get praised to be almost at world class levels.

Just because a player scores a decent amount of goals doesn't mean they are automatically an outstanding player. Many average English players scored a lot in England. James Beattie and Andy Johnson spring to mind.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Scapegoat: A person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

OverratedOpinion

He has scored a lot of goals for one season so far. Let's wait and see.

I do think he will continue to score goals as long as he is in your system because he is around truly brilliant players in Kane and Eriksen. His positioning is good and he has really good confidence for a youngster but I think what most people notice when they start watching him is that he is very average technically when taking the ball and manipulating it.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep

If he was United player, they'd be calling him a new Pele.

Alli is a terrific talent. Would love to have him at Chelsea. Acting like a twat at times but he's very young and in a spotlight constantly. He just needs to mature.