Dele 'Muhammad' Alli | Walker takes the finger from Dele | FIFA open disciplinary proceedings

Stacks

Just because the entire forum would have 'fapped themselves' doesn't mean that has any effect on my opinion of him being over rated. I think M'bappe is over rated and he scored around 22 goals last season.

I said Alli was a good player I just think he is overrated.

Kevin Phillips is the last English player to win the Golden boot for all of the European leagues. He never got praised to be almost at world class levels, which Alli does get praised to be almost at world class levels.

Just because a player scores a decent amount of goals doesn't mean they are automatically an outstanding player. Many average English players scored a lot in England. James Beattie and Andy Johnson spring to mind.
James beattie scored 91 in 331apps. Johnson scored 71 in 187apps in the EPL. they were both poor goalscorers. Phillips has 92 in 263. Their legends become exaggerate as the years go by. Alli is a much more dynamic player. He scores some wonder goals, gets assists, is mobile and can dribble better. He has more in his locker.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
James beattie scored 91 in 331apps. Johnson scored 71 in 187apps in the EPL. they were both poor goalscorers. Phillips has 92 in 263. Their legends become exaggerate as the years go by. Alli is a much more dynamic player. He scores some wonder goals, gets assists, is mobile and can dribble better. He has more in his locker.
I should have worded it better, I meant they both scored a lot of goals in a PL season. So goals alone doesn't always prove the ability of a player because they were both average.

I am not comparing them to Alli because he is a very good player and way better than they were. I just think he is a little bit overrated.

Stacks

I should have worded it better, I meant they both scored a lot of goals in a PL season. So goals alone doesn't always prove the ability of a player because they were both average.

I am not comparing them to Alli because he is a very good player and way better than they were. I just think he is a little bit overrated.
me too. I doubt he will ever be world class.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think a lot of members on here don't see Dele's movement is one of his biggest assists. Today again he popped up in places amazingly, To compare him to Beattie is very ill informed.

Zoo

Because fans like the players who play for their teams. If Tim Cahill had of played for Utd I would have told you he was the new Platini. Doesn't mean it would be true.
Tim Cahill is a good comparison. Alli is a better version of him.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
No better than Lingard. Will continue to give average performances and be a nobody in 3 years. Might score a goal or 2 every few games and everyone will start talking as if he's Messi again.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
No better than Lingard. Will continue to give average performances and be a nobody in 3 years. Might score a goal or 2 every few games and everyone will start talking as if he's Messi again.
Sorry, but there's no way I can agree with any of that.

Alli is a great player and one of England's best talents. A poor game doesn't change that.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
fecks sake

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Bless you for living up to your tagline.

Jib

His movements without the ball are nice and he's pretty good in front of the goal. But overall he is an average player. You could say the same for Lukaku, great goalscorer but not a good player. But Lukaku is a striker, Dele Alli lack a lot of things for an AM...vision, skills, first touch, passes... He doesn't create enough chances and his % of take-ons are shocking.

That's explain why when he doesn't score, he's poor. Weird and overrated player. Not good enough for a top top side despite his hype in the UK.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He isn't a good player without his goals...same for Lukaku but Lukaku is a striker !!

Overrated. Not good enough for a top team.
Do you realise how utterly stupid what you have just posted is? It's like saying if your daddy had a vagina he would be your mum.

Bubz27

Tim Cahill's best season was 13 goals, Ali at only 21 has scored 10 and 18 in 2 seasons. What is your definition of "better version". :lol:
Does it occur to you that when people talk about comparisons, they might be talking about more than goal output? Maybe the style of play?

I'm not necessarily supporting the other guys viewpoint, but that just seems to be your go-to.

It is funny ground though, because goals win games. You can't just dismiss Alli's brilliant output over the last few seasons.

Off the top of my head, you could say Inzaghi was a much better version of Chicharito. Both poachers, one considerably better, but stylistically similar. That might be a shite comparison, but hopefully you can see what I'm trying to say.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Does it occur to you that when people talk about comparisons, they might be talking about more than goal output? Maybe the style of play?

I'm not necessarily supporting the other guys viewpoint, but that just seems to be your go-to.

It is funny ground though, because goals win games. You can't just dismiss Alli's brilliant output over the last few seasons.

Off the top of my head, you could say Inzaghi was a much better version of Chicharito. Both poachers, one considerably better, but stylistically similar. That might be a shite comparison, but hopefully you can see what I'm trying to say.
I know what you are saying but I've said twice Ali is moe than goals. His movement into space is outstanding and thats something you don't see in a highlight real. I think what clouds people opinion is his nasty streak, which I don't condone, but he's only a kid.

Your comparison with Inzaghi and Chich is valid but Inzaghi done what he done at international level which makes him stand out more.

Bubz27

I know what you are saying but I've said twice Ali is moe than goals. His movement into space is outstanding and thats something you don't see in a highlight real. I think what clouds people opinion is his nasty streak, which I don't condone, but he's only a kid.

Your comparison with Inzaghi and Chich is valid but Inzaghi done what he done at international level which makes him stand out more.
I actually think his England form is another reason why he's getting a bit of stick. We as United fans should know better. Plenty of United fans have seen United players underperform for England and it happens because of the style of play and going from playing for one of the top teams in the division for an average international team.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I actually think his England form is another reason why he's getting a bit of stick. We as United fans should know better. Plenty of United fans have seen United players underperform for England and it happens because of the style of play and going from playing for one of the top teams in the division for an average international team.
England lack a playmaker, Lallana is the only option and the guy is never available. They have no other Eriksen, Mata or Silva type player. That's been there problem since god knows when? Scoles? Gazza? Hoddle?

Home&Away

England lack a playmaker, Lallana is the only option and the guy is never available. They have no other Eriksen, Mata or Silva type player. That's been there problem since god knows when? Scoles? Gazza? Hoddle?
Very good point - though he isn't very good atm I'd like to see barkley move and start to learn how to play a tad deeper than he usually does - only because England need someone like him as you said & other than him & lallana there isn't anyone. Is Loftus cheek a playmaker? Not actually seen him play.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The Caf oldies of player is a finish article at 21 y.o., and will never improve.
"He just scored 22 goals and put numerous assists, last season". Nahh he's still average because he is not a playmaker as well.

ffs.

automaticflare

The Caf oldies of player is a finish article at 21 y.o., and will never improve.
"He just scored 22 goals and put numerous assists, last season". Nahh he's still average because he is not a playmaker as well.

ffs.
I think the point is you could not rely on him to be the creative force in a team. Essentially he operates as a second forward and his contribution to build up is actually not a lot. In Spurs system that is fine as they have eriksen (who is brilliant player imo) to do that.
Look at Alli for England compared to Spurs. England seem to think he is some sort of playmaker because he scores a load of goals but nothing could be further from the truth IMO.
I fear this will be another case of English fans expecting a player to be something he is not or never has been.
He still needs to be played with another 10 to get best of him.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I really dislike Alli but you all are badly discrediting his talent. He'll be one of the best players in a few years.

Macern

Pee pee pants
His movements without the ball are nice and he's pretty good in front of the goal. But overall he is an average player. You could say the same for Lukaku, great goalscorer but not a good player. But Lukaku is a striker, Dele Alli lack a lot of things for an AM...vision, skills, first touch, passes... He doesn't create enough chances and his % of take-ons are shocking.

That's explain why when he doesn't score, he's poor. Weird and overrated player. Not good enough for a top top side despite his hype in the UK.
Did I just read that? How is a great goalscorer not a good player?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I really dislike Alli but you all are badly discrediting his talent. He'll be one of the best players in a few years.
Bar a few sporadic moments of quality, his performances thus far in the campaign have been way below his usual high standards. Clearly he is missing Danny Rose, as they do share an almost telepathic understanding down that left flank.

Castia

No chance.

Ali is a good player I'd love him at United. There's a real lack of goal scoring midfielders these days he'd be a great addition to most clubs. I actually think the opposite he'll easily be one of the best midfielders in Europe in a couple of years.

Boycott

Pochettino should have taken him off instead of Son. Son creates his own chances and gives them width whereas yesterday everything was too congested. Alli is not in good form right now so some time on the bench wouldn't harm him.

For Spurs overall, too many passes and not enough running off the ball which is unusual from them.

Full credit to Swansea for defending brilliantly and closing the space though. I don't like seeing every defensive masterclass rendered to simply 'parking the bus'. Before that nonsense phrase came about we used to praise good defending for what it was. They responded to everything Spurs threw at them well and tried to forge counters so it was a very good game plan by Clement.

Last edited:

Sigma

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11047597/dele-alli-disappointed-with-fifa-18-rating

Dele Alli has admitted his disappointment with his rating on FIFA 18 and has said he will not play the game as himself until the score is raised.

Despite being regarded as one of the rising stars in English football, the Tottenham and England midfielder has voiced his outrage at his 84-overall rating, despite being ranked the same as Sadio Mane and Sami Khedira.

The 21-year-old midfielder has been rated among the top 100 players in the world on FIFA 18.

Alli has won the PFA Young Player of the Year Award for the last two seasons and has scored 30 goals in 75 appearances for Tottenham.

He told the Daily Mirror: "To be honest I don't think I'll use myself in the game because I don't think my rating is very good.

"I'm going to refuse to play with myself until I'm a little bit more realistic!"

Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi also said he wasn't pleased with his rating.

"I'm not happy with my stats either," he told the Daily Mail.

"They are the same as last year, that means there's no improvement."

Runner

I guess one could make a case for their FIFA score rating being important as more kids/adults play them thereby increasing their commercial marketability. That's a bit of a stretch though. Poor Iwobi, no improvement :lol:

NotQuiteManc

He told the Daily Mirror: "To be honest I don't think I'll use myself in the game because I don't think my rating is very good.

"I'm going to refuse to play with myself until I'm a little bit more realistic!"
Yeah, probably lower than 80 is more realistic.

Red Stone

He can just contact EA and get himself a unique "Pro Player" card for Ultimate Team with 95 overall and wildly exaggerated stats.

Martial did it and got this 95 rated card last year:
https://i.redd.it/voetr1hyibry.jpg

The fact that he cares enough for this to become a news article on SkySports is sad as feck, though.

Brightonian

If he really cares it's sad. To me, it just sounds like a jokey reply to a journo question which has been turned into more half-hearted grist for the 'sports news' mill. Bit of banter.