Dele 'Muhammad' Alli | Walker takes the finger from Dele | FIFA open disciplinary proceedings

Miscemayl

Hope FIFA bans him for a couple of months.. not that he deserves to be banned but it would weaken Spurs and that's always good.

Can't see the FA doing anything, Deli might retire from England if the FA bans him while on England duty

vodrake

England and Spurs are wasting Dele playing him in that advanced position in my opinion. Reminds me of how Pogba looks when we play him further up the field. Constantly receiving the ball with his back to goal and in tight areas which I don't think suits his abilities or his physical frame.

Very rarely do players come along who can dictate the pace of a football game and who also have the physical power to play as a 'proper' CM in the Premier League. Pogba is one, and Dele Alli to me could be another.

With Matic being 29, I would absolutely love us to get Griezmann done and then spend whatever it takes next season to get Dele at United to play alongside Pogba in the same formation we have played so far this season
He's not a deep Centre Mid though so it would be a waste of his talents to cram him into that role. He's not someone with a particularly notable range of passing, he's not the kind of dribbler who brings the ball from deep and he doesn't really try to dictate the tempo of the play. He's a goalscorer. He has great positioning, technique and movement and is perfectly suited to the advanced role Spurs play him in, which is why he's excelling so much there

Last edited:

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
Kane and "Dele" are two of the most over-rated players in football at the moment.

They are both good players but both have significant weaknesses which I feel are glossed over in comparison to the derision players such as Sterling and even young Rashford receive at the hands of the media and fans.

Is it a result of the fact they play for Spurs, a club seen as plucky underdogs and beloved by the London centrist press.

I think if they move club in the future their stock will fall dramatically if they do not improve significantly in the time up until that point.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Thread title implies a scandal of sorts, something horrific involving 2 men 1 finger. The actual content within is not even close to expectations.

Highly disapointing, overly misleading.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Kane and "Dele" are two of the most over-rated players in football at the moment.

They are both good players but both have significant weaknesses which I feel are glossed over in comparison to the derision players such as Sterling and even young Rashford receive at the hands of the media and fans.

Is it a result of the fact they play for Spurs, a club seen as plucky underdogs and beloved by the London centrist press.

I think if they move club in the future their stock will fall dramatically if they do not improve significantly in the time up until that point.
I have to agree. Especially on Dele Alli. I already said it months back in this thread but he is vastly overrated IMO. He wouldn't be rated anywhere near as highly if he wasn't at Spurs. He is quite a lankly young man currently and that makes him somewhat clumsy. His first touch isn't good, his feet aren't quick enough and he isn't agile enough currently be a great player in the attacking midfield/number 10 role where he usually plays. He's scored some very good goals here and there but his all round game isn't any better than the likes of Lingard IMO. Alli is better in the air that's about it.

starman

Thread summary:
  • Could have caused psychological damage to the children watching
  • Has an undeveloped brain, he is only 21.
  • Overrated, not very good but hope he is banned for months to weaken Spurs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Thread summary:
  • Could have caused psychological damage to the children watching
  • Has an undeveloped brain, he is only 21.
  • Overrated, not very good but hope he is banned for months to weaken Spurs.
This post is underdeveloped, caused me psychological damage and I hope you're banned. :p

Gasolin

I get that he did the fingers but there is no way to know if Kyle was really the recipient of this "message"... It's a shame but I hope he only gets 2 games ban and move on.

rotherham_red

When I said he was overrated as a midfielder, I got so much heat from his admirers. He's literally a non entity when the game is tight and there's no space for him to shoot. Outside of his goals his contribution isn't good enough for a properly big team with aspirations of the title or European success. Liverpool or Spurs are about his level.

A slightly lesser version of Mata, if you will...

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He should get a ban but it's more outrageously funny than actually outrageous.
His performance last night was much harder to watch then him showing his middle finger.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
When I said he was overrated as a midfielder, I got so much heat from his admirers. He's literally a non entity when the game is tight and there's no space for him to shoot. Outside of his goals his contribution isn't good enough for a properly big team with aspirations of the title or European success. Liverpool or Spurs are about his level.

It showed against Malta for majority of the game they kept it tight and you could tell he struggled to open them up.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I have to agree. Especially on Dele Alli. I already said it months back in this thread but he is vastly overrated IMO. He wouldn't be rated anywhere near as highly if he wasn't at Spurs. He is quite a lankly young man currently and that makes him somewhat clumsy. His first touch isn't good, his feet aren't quick enough and he isn't agile enough currently be a great player in the attacking midfield/number 10 role where he usually plays. He's scored some very good goals here and there but his all round game isn't any better than the likes of Lingard IMO. Alli is better in the air that's about it.
As much as I think Alli is overrated comparing him to Lingard is laughable.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It was slightly petulant, but hardly a bad thing when you consider a good portion of the discussions on a football pitch involve threats of violence and breaking legs to gain an edge on your opponent.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Don't worry, you're not alone. He's a glorified goalscorer who, despite practically playing a striker role at Spuds, gets called a 'midfielder' and thus the praise.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

I do agree. He just scores goals and is very physical, but he is not Gerrard or Scholes who could dictate the tempo.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't worry, you're not alone. He's a glorified goalscorer who, despite practically playing a striker role at Spuds, gets called a 'midfielder' and thus the praise.
Yeah he played as second striker but for some reason Spurs fan argued he is a midfielder who made runs from the deep.

BringNaniBack

As much as I think Alli is overrated comparing him to Lingard is laughable.
What exactly is Alli markedly better at than Lingard? Other than heading which I mentioned, I just don't see it. I don't rate either of them highly but Lingard would do as good, if not better in that England team in the same role.

Last edited:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Tbf he's 21. Scholes was a striker around that age and Gerrard's initial breakthrough was right back.
I am not saying he is shit. He's just a bit limited. Great at scoring goals and using his body to go past his opponents, but he doesn't know how to dictate the tempo.

Boycott

I am not saying he is shit. He's just a bit limited. Great at scoring goals and using his body to go past his opponents, but he doesn't know how to dictate the tempo.
Those two weren't dictating games at 21 either which was my point. It would be like comparing O Dembele to Ronaldo now when the fair comparison should be Ronaldo 2003-2006.

At Alli's age what he has already produced is extremely impressive and whether he can build on it is yet to be seen.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Those two weren't dictating games at 21 either which was my point. It would be like comparing O Dembele to Ronaldo now when the fair comparison should be Ronaldo 2003-2006.

At Alli's age what he has already produced is extremely impressive and whether he can build on it is yet to be seen.
Ok, i get your point. So he should leave Tottenham to improve because Pochettino wants Alli to play in a certain way.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
What exactly is Alli markedly better at than Lingard? Other than heading which I mentioned, I just don't see it. I don't rate either of them highly but Lingard would do as good, if not better in that England team in the same role.
Scoring goals, changing games, going past opponents, decision making, dribbling, just about anything. He's streets and streets ahead of Lingard and its absolutely ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He scored 22 goals in all comps in his age 20 season. As a Spurs fan I didn't give a feck what he's "rated" as long as he keeps putting balls into the back of nets.

BringNaniBack

Scoring goals, changing games, going past opponents, decision making, dribbling, just about anything. He's streets and streets ahead of Lingard and its absolutely ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
He is not streets ahead of Lingard. They are both average. No idea which Alli you have been watching but he isn't any good at dribbling and rarely goes past anyone. He will be at a mid table club in 5 years or on the bench for Spurs.