Delle Alli awful challenges

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I thought Kane's was worse.
Thought it was bizarre that the BT Sport commentators just seemed to brush over it and instead decided to laugh at the referee turning around instead. Even Graham Poll said it was not a red because it was not intentional, just a few weeks ago he said Pogba’s was a definite red and intent doesn’t matter because it’s serious foul play

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
He's a nasty piece of work.

The media have been kind on him to this point but just wait until his antics cost England in a major tournament, which seems inevitable.

He's been atrocious this season too. Amazing talent but I think he's bought into his own hype a little bit.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Don't actually mind that Spurs team at all, but absolutely despise this cnut.

Moaning, vile, diving cnut all in one.

Smores

Its worse than Pogba's challenge, im mot quite sure why there's such double standards. Seen a few close to Pogbas challenge that were yellows or jusr fouls

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Much worse than Pogba's.

Thought it was bizarre that the BT Sport commentators just seemed to brush over it and instead decided to laugh at the referee turning around instead. Even Graham Poll said it was not a red because it was not intentional, just a few weeks ago he said Pogba’s was a definite red and intent doesn’t matter because it’s serious foul play
Probably because BT Sports 'coverage' is about as good as a 5-minute movie made by a couple of kids in sixth form.

devil in me

Reminds me of Jack Wilshire, over hyped , likes to dish it out but starts crying when someone gives it back. Less natural talent though.

James Peril

Like de Bruyne himself said, they both went for the ball and Alli was just slower than KDB, if city's players are somehow reacting more quickly to every challenge then unfortunately they will get caught late from time to time - we can't expect their opponents to tackle soft just because the bitters' players are reacting more quickly somehow.

Fair play to KDB for taking it on the chin, and fair play to Alli for getting stuck in against them.

Hopefully we see many more players getting properly stuck into citeh as the season progresses. I'm sure we will.
BS and PC from de Bruyne, he hasn’t even seen it again on TV. That’s what you (correctly) say when you’re winning, to enjoy the game and avoid controversy. Id they lost 0-1 to a Alli-goal the tone would be different. Alli is only focusing on the player and not the ball, he is trying to get him out of the game, he’s a small person.

Zoo

Not just Alli but Kane has now escaped two red cards this season. Perks of being the golden boy I guess.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
This is why I hate these super slow motion replays. Ali is a fraction late and looks a terrible cnut in the slow motion. But he’s a blink of an eye lid late and it’s impossible to pull out of the movement at that speed.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He's always had a nasty sly streak in him, cost Spurs last year getting sent off being petulant and knocked out in Europa to Gent. Like someone mentioned above the media will turn on him at some point when he does something stupid in a major tournament that will cost England, be like Beckham on Simeone all over again.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Worse than Pogba's.
Same for me. Stretching, lead with his toe and connected with the flat of his foot. Only difference being KDB challenged for the ball conventionally.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This is why I hate these super slow motion replays. Ali is a fraction late and looks a terrible cnut in the slow motion. But he’s a blink of an eye lid late and it’s impossible to pull out of the movement at that speed.
Agreed. Going for the ball and had no chance to pull out. No intent to hurt or injure.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He‘s gone in too hard, but City are winning all of their games and football is a hard physical contact sport. Sometimes you do whatever it takes to dispossess an opponent, that‘s what gets you a roaring from the crowd, you show them that despite being on huge money, you still care.

If you can dish it out, you have to take it also from time to time. I think the likes of Alli, Dembele or Kane can definitely take it, so no problem.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He‘s gone in too hard, but City are winning all of their games and football is a hard physical contact sport. Sometimes you do whatever it takes to dispossess an opponent, that‘s what gets you a roaring from the crowd, you show them that despite being on huge money, you still care.

If you can dish it out, you have to take it also from time to time. I think the likes of Alli, Dembele or Kane can definitely take it, so no problem.
This. Well said.

Citeh shouldn't be allowed to simply walk the league without having games where opponents show some grit and passion.

De Bruyne wasn't hurt, Alli got his yellow and the bitters got their win.

As a neutral watching the match, I found it one of the more entertaining moments of the game.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
There was nothing wrong with Pogba's though. Bullshit red.
There's half a dozen tackles like Pogba's every match. The variant is the way Bellerin went in for it. Some strange action.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
De Bruyne's response. Class.

On whether Manchester City are thinking about going the whole season unbeaten: "No, absolutely not.

"We are here to win titles. We had a great start, it's still more than half (of the season to go) so it's still very difficult - we want to win every game and everybody who comes in is doing an incredible job."

On Dele Alli's challenge that saw the Spurs player get a yellow card: "I am a split second before Dele and it happens, it's part of football."
He dived to win a penalty when his team were already comfortably winning in fairness. Not much classy about that. Words don't mean very much if you behave like a cheat during the game.

Alli and Kane both should have gone off though. Dembele as usual spent the whole game pushing his luck and behaving like an idiot as well. You would think as a team they would have started learning or at least growing up by now. I don't know why people think this sort of ting is "shoewng passion" ...going in hard on someone or making sure you win a 50/50, maybe...not trying to get yourself sent off and doing feck all else of use for the entire game. Players who do that invariably don't end up being winners.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Same for me. Stretching, lead with his toe and connected with the flat of his foot. Only difference being KDB challenged for the ball conventionally.[/QUOTE]
This is exactly it.

montpelier

The location of the ball is guiding the placement of the foot he's 'tackling' with, maybe. In that, he wants to just miss the ball. All done deliberately I'd say. Nasty.

Wouldn't want to play against some of you lot, :nervous:.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
How would be the debate if they wouldn't be english and would play for a bigger club?

Two clear reds and nothing in the media.

Dobbs

What gets me is the reluctance of the modern day footballer to say anything to an opposing player. You see the tackle in question here and the City players didn't react to Alli at all. Same goes for Kane's tackle and in fact when Kane got kicked in the face himself.

They all rush to the ref but never say or react to each other. It's unpleasantly friendly.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His look after the tackle pretty much shows what a cnut he is, doesn't care about injuring other player at all.

sherrinford

There are some horrible opinions here. The way he went into the tackle, there’s no doubt about his intent - it was entirely malicious. He wasn’t showing that he cares, is passionate or brave - quite the opposite. Yet more evidence of him being a petulant, nasty coward.
To read praise for him is baffling - ‘showing grit and passion’, ‘doing whatever it takes to win the ball’, ‘football is a hard physical contact sport’ and ‘going for the ball and had no chance to pull out’. Bullshit.
Absolutely none of that on display in that moment - well not from Alli anyway. Given the opportunity to go into a full-blooded 50/50, he shat the bed, turned his back and raised his studs to his opponent.
The player in this instance worthy of such plaudits was De Bruyne, who went steaming into the challenge in an entirely natural way without hesitation - he showed courage, physicality and a great determination to win the ball.

singabiru

Supports
Chelsea
Hate the cnut. He needs a restrospective ban and a heavy fine on top of that.

BigTimeCharlie

If this was Pogba they would ban him for 6 months. Because Pogba isnt an english darling of the media he gets all the bad press.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was a bit surprised by Kane getting away with his, but I gave the ref the benefit as he only saw a quick glance.

The alli challenge though is seriously dangerous and I was gobsmacked when he pulled a yellow!

look at some of the recent reds, the 1 for Watford recently where he just sits down but his Studs are showing, completely safe but because he isn’t a big name it’s a red.

De Bruyne is lucky he didn’t snap his ankle there. He’s got previous too which is the issue, it wasn’t an accident.

sk6blue

Supports
Manchester City
This. Well said.

Citeh shouldn't be allowed to simply walk the league without having games where opponents show some grit and passion.

De Bruyne wasn't hurt, Alli got his yellow and the bitters got their win.

As a neutral watching the match, I found it one of the more entertaining moments of the game.
Which ones are the bitters again? :lol:

Rhyme Animal

Which ones are the bitters again? :lol:
Cmon, if you're gonna win the league I'm sure you don't wanna see your players flopping around and falling down every time they lose a 50-50.

de Bruyne wasn't hurt, Alli got his yellow so I don't see what's wrong with enjoying a few hard challenges as a neutral.

If KDB had his leg broke, I wouldn't enjoy watching it, and I don't want that to happen, genuinely.

But teams need to start getting more physical with you, you've been charmed for the first half of the season. If teams can't compete with you on the ball, they should be trying to unsettle you physically, and I imagine this will increase dramatically in the 2nd half of the season.

I hope so anyway.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Cmon, if you're gonna win the league I'm sure you don't wanna see your players flopping around and falling down every time they lose a 50-50.

de Bruyne wasn't hurt, Alli got his yellow so I don't see what's wrong with enjoying a few hard challenges as a neutral.

If KDB had his leg broke, I wouldn't enjoy watching it, and I don't want that to happen, genuinely.

But teams need to start getting more physical with you, you've been charmed for the first half of the season. If teams can't compete with you on the ball, they should be trying to unsettle you physically, and I imagine this will increase dramatically in the 2nd half of the season.

I hope so anyway.
It's kind of how we got to grips with Arsenal back in 2004 isn't it? Still though, Tottenham have been a pretty dirty team under Poch for a while now, if they put in those challenges on Pogba or Martial we'd be going nuts on here.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman

I hope so anyway.
You can rough teams up without making potentially leg breaking challenges. This was a dirty challenge from a notoriously dirty player.

Rhyme Animal

It's kind of how we got to grips with Arsenal back in 2004 isn't it?
Indeed, SAF's best sides always had a tough edge that Wenger was always complaining about.

In fact, Alli under Fergie would've been a dream. Perfect manager for him.

Still though, Tottenham have been a pretty dirty team under Poch for a while now, if they put in those challenges on Pogba or Martial we'd be going nuts on here.
But they didn't... but then our players don't fall over every time they lose a 50-50 and get a foul awarded for them. And they don't gloat midway through seasons in a way that pisses off other professionals.

Food for thought.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout

I hope so anyway.
I've disagreed with pretty much everything I've read from you in this thread since yesterday's game but this takes the biscuit.

I genuinely gather from your posts that you think a leg breaker is okay as long as it doesn't actually break the leg. You honestly think those kind of tackles are entertaining?