Delle Alli awful challenges

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To be fair if you can afford to ‘milk it’ for 30 minutes plus then you’ve worked bloody hard in the previous 60 odd minutes to put yourself in that position.
City had no intention to let United players have the ball at some point of the game, if you play it short backwards time and again, which results in players not getting any sniff, they will get very angry, a few Keane esque (myself included).

I played lots of times with kids or teenagers at the backyard of my village, one of my mates got his knee hampered forever and had to stop playing football, because he overcooked with the threatrics and time wasting, even teenagers can be nasty feckers.

You can play play all kind of football, some are very good with the ball, others not so and resort to different methods, if you play against skilful and pacey players, you try to slow them down (a bit), oldest trick in the book. Remember doing it on grass and not while playing indoor football, that's the one rule we knew back in the day.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Serious question, has he done anything remotely positive on a football pitch since he told Ashley Young to retire?
He hasn't performed well all season, at least not to the standard we have come to expect from him. His petulant streak burns stronger than ever though.

I'm not sure what's worse, the stamp on KDB itself or the fact that Alli cannot recieve retrospective punishment because the ref already handed him a yellow card.

The rulebook needs revisiting as that challenge makes a mockery of the current system.

Steven Seagull

I don't think it was unfortunate. I think he meant it.
Maybe he did but only he knows that. I’d suggest it’s incredibly hard, if not impossible to time something like that correctly. Especially when you factor in the angle he was coming at. It’s nowhere near as obvious as that terrible challenge he made in the European game a couple of years ago for example

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Maybe he did but only he knows that. I’d suggest it’s incredibly hard, if not impossible to time something like that correctly. Especially when you factor in the angle he was coming at. It’s nowhere near as obvious as that terrible challenge he made in the European game a couple of years ago for example
If it's the one I'm thinking of it was earlier this year.

Green_Red

Serious question, has he done anything remotely positive on a football pitch since he told Ashley Young to retire?
No, the "talk to me when youve won the league" comment must have really took him dowb a peg or two. Well done Young! Haha

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Look, I don’t like City, but you can’t praise Alli for showing “passion” with that tackle, it was a cnuts challenge plain and simple
This guy can. He wants KDB and Silva injured so he can say "told you so" when they drop points. And he calls Citeh the bitters :houllier:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Probably the dirtiest player in the league, also getting found out this season as the average player he is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rubbish. We used to Kick arsenal off the pitch because they were a better footballing side, it was well known.

I’d rather win than take the moral high ground, if that means taking a physical approach then so be it.
Rubbish. Arsenal have a chronic problem with mental weakness. Which means you can hurt their players performances by tactically targetting them, as with Reyes. Pep's teams don't have that. Focus your attentions on kicking them and they'll outpress you while outclassing you.

Also, the rivalry between us and arsenal was very different. They were sexier than us while we were tougher but in football terms it was extremely close. Pep's City are far ahead of us on the pitch as of now, and there's a genuine gap to bridge (not necessarily 7 players but though the collective). We don't need to leave a destructive imprint on then. We're ourselves not at the level required yet (to be champions) , and that's where we need to make a few steps up.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
it's just one of those that looks worse than it was. Calls for massive bans are fecking stupid.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
This way he will fall by his own sword, the game is dangerous already without a cnut deliberately acting a cnut.

amolbhatia50k

I never understood what's so special about him. He can score when in form, but his overall game is a little bit of everything which is basically a whole lot of nothing.
Well, prior to this run off bad form, he had a pretty great goalscoring return for a player of his age. So it's more a case of he can fail to score when not in form than that. His overall game isn't exceptional but had a lot of good bits which is not a big issue when you score a lot.

I do agree that he may not be special special as technically he's not outstanding. He's a striker for me whereas many judge him as an attacking misfielder. A level below the better talents for me.

Carl

Not sure how anyone can watch that and think it was deliberate. If he means to do KDB then he doesn't make contact with the ball first.

Kostur

海尔的老板
it's just one of those that looks worse than it was. Calls for massive bans are fecking stupid.
Yeah, in case KDB gets his ankle broken he always has the second one so it's no problem.

Chavlli has done this type of shit before, it's actually pretty typical behaviour for Poch's Spurs as mentioned by @Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 before.

Carl

Yeah, in case KDB gets his ankle broken he always has the second one so it's no problem.

Chavlli has done this type of shit before, it's actually pretty typical behaviour for Poch's Spurs as mentioned by @Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 before.
Odd that you seem more upset about KDB's ankle than the man himself.

Ali hits the ball first, KDB then wins it puts his foot where the ball was a millisecond previously. As I said above, if Ali means it why does he hit the ball first? Just one of those who things. People get hurt playing football. Doesn't mean everyone has an alterior motive, and given what some have said in here about Ali I'd say they're letting their preconceived opinions cloud their judgement of this one.

Carl

Winning the ball and "leaving your foot in" is an age-old tactic of shithouse dirty bastards on the football field.
How has he 'left his foot in'? If KDB doesn't then win the ball it's a clean tackle from Ali.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Odd that you seem more upset about KDB's ankle than the man himself.

Ali hits the ball first, KDB then wins it puts his foot where the ball was a millisecond previously. As I said above, if Ali means it why does he hit the ball first? Just one of those who things. People get hurt playing football. Doesn't mean everyone has an alterior motive, and given what some have said in here about Ali I'd say they're letting their preconceived opinions cloud their judgement of this one.
Because this time around it's KDB, the next match it's Pogba, Martial or whoever when Spurs are losing again.

Duffer pretty much explained the second part of your post.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Rubbish. Arsenal have a chronic problem with mental weakness. Which means you can hurt their players performances by tactically targetting them, as with Reyes. Pep's teams don't have that. Focus your attentions on kicking them and they'll outpress you while outclassing you.

Also, the rivalry between us and arsenal was very different. They were sexier than us while we were tougher but in football terms it was extremely close. Pep's City are far ahead of us on the pitch as of now, and there's a genuine gap to bridge (not necessarily 7 players but though the collective). We don't need to leave a destructive imprint on then. We're ourselves not at the level required yet (to be champions) , and that's where we need to make a few steps up.
What exactly do you think is rubbish in my post? It sounds as though you’re agreeing with the point about us kicking Arsenal about a bit?

For me, it’s win first, how you win second.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How has he 'left his foot in'? If KDB doesn't then win the ball it's a clean tackle from Ali.
Look at the video, it's about a clear cut example of a player trying to nick the ball and leave a horrible stamp on someone's ankle as you will see. Whether or not Alli wins the ball before he straight leg stamps KDB is irrelevant.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/mlevbq

devips

Why is everybody silent on Otamendi's kick on Kane's head? Alli was not the only dirty player on the pitch yesterday.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Could've been really bad. Looks like his boot might have helped support. A tiny bit higher wouldn't have been nice.

gaucho_10

Well, prior to this run off bad form, he had a pretty great goalscoring return for a player of his age. So it's more a case of he can fail to score when not in form than that. His overall game isn't exceptional but had a lot of good bits which is not a big issue when you score a lot.

I do agree that he may not be special special as technically he's not outstanding. He's a striker for me whereas many judge him as an attacking misfielder. A level below the better talents for me.
I agree about his goal scoring return. I don't watch EPL that much, but from what I remember he had a good season and a half but this season he sucks.
He's very young still and there's time for him to develop, but like you say, a level below better talents. I just can't picture him as a top player a some point in the future.
Would be happy to not be proven wrong because he's a snide cnut so he get's no support from me.

arnie_ni

Pretty sure he didnt mean it but the fact it was alli you can never be sure. He does have a thug attitude.

My main issue is that it was more dangerous than pogbas. We lose him for 3 games including city which has a direct result in the league being or not being wrapped up by xmas, whereas alli only gets a yellow.

He should be banned 3 games as well

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why is everybody silent on Otamendi's kick on Kane's head? Alli was not the only dirty player on the pitch yesterday.
Out of all 3 incidents, I'd say the Kane and Alli were worse. Surely, both of them should have been red cards. Seems absolutely obvious.

Someone on here mentioned that even if the ref catches it and deems it yellow, it can still be retroactively punished further. Is that true, has there been a change to that effect? If not, it really should be changed to that effect.

amolbhatia50k

What exactly do you think is rubbish in my post? It sounds as though you’re agreeing with the point about us kicking Arsenal about a bit?

For me, it’s win first, how you win second.
I was just responding in kind.

For everyone winning comes first. But let's chase excellence rather than looking for short cuts to winning that always involve not playing great football.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I was just responding in kind.

For everyone winning comes first. But let's chase excellence rather than looking for short cuts to winning that always involve not playing great football.
Of course chase excellence but in the absence of that, win by any means necessary.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Pep's City are far ahead of us on the pitch as of now, and there's a genuine gap to bridge (not necessarily 7 players but though the collective). We don't need to leave a destructive imprint on then. We're ourselves not at the level required yet (to be champions) , and that's where we need to make a few steps up.
Thing is, Spurs didn't get anyone sent off, and if every team approached playing in city in the same way (as they should if they can't compete with them on the ball) city would soon start dropping points.

They'd eventually start getting drawn into the physical battles rather than just being allowed to tap it around while everyone fawns at their pompous little manager.

If every team in the PL apart from Arse viewed playing city as an exercise in destroying, the PL would be better, and city would, after a while start to feel it.

Isn't that what teams should be doing? Playing however they can, within the rules, to stop the opponent?

Of course chase excellence but in the absence of that, win by any means necessary.
Totally agree.

montpelier

DA also tackling with the wrong foot, watch how he rotates himself in for application of extra force, a classic filth technique, also a bit cowardy-custard for self protection, it's better for generating the stampy motion too.

It's really not very nice.

MuranoLover

How da feck was that not a red card ?

Definitely not the way I wanna see City start playing worse