Delle Alli awful challenges

Varun

Staff
Cmon, if you're gonna win the league I'm sure you don't wanna see your players flopping around and falling down every time they lose a 50-50.

de Bruyne wasn't hurt, Alli got his yellow so I don't see what's wrong with enjoying a few hard challenges as a neutral.

If KDB had his leg broke, I wouldn't enjoy watching it, and I don't want that to happen, genuinely.

But teams need to start getting more physical with you, you've been charmed for the first half of the season. If teams can't compete with you on the ball, they should be trying to unsettle you physically, and I imagine this will increase dramatically in the 2nd half of the season.

I hope so anyway.
What the feck? You do realise there's a difference between a hard challenge and a leg breaker, don't you? It's such a bizarre thing to say that you enjoy attempted leg breakers as long as it doesn't actually result in a leg break.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If this is about "showing passion" for some then we have real life gladiators amongst our midst
It's the typical small time mentality when you're not good enough. Let's kick them off the pitch if we can't compete. I'd rather this club, it's fans it's manager focus on bridging the footballing gap than silly things like thuggery from ourselves and other opponents of our rivals.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
What the feck? You do realise there's a difference between a hard challenge and a leg breaker, don't you? It's such a bizarre thing to say that you enjoy attempted leg breakers as long as it doesn't actually result in a leg break.
Maybe I need to see it again. Watching the game in real time I felt city's players were falling over every 50-50 they lost (as has been the norm all season thus far), and being awarded freekicks for doing so.

Alli went in hard and as I said, he did miss-time it, but de Bruyne wasn't hurt at all (despite his writhing around like he was injured until the card came out).

What I'm saying I like seeing players get stuck into city, I want their games to become increasingly physical as the season progresses. Don't think that's particularly controversial.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's the typical small time mentality when you're not good enough. Let's kick them off the pitch if we can't compete. I'd rather this club, it's fans it's manager focus on bridging the footballing gap than silly things like thuggery from ourselves and other opponents of our rivals.
I don't mind it too much as long as the physical is still kept within reason and the ball is actually tried to be won. Kane tried it stupidly last night, was clumsy but there was no malice, Alli's tackle was very different.

Mindhunter

Maybe I need to see it again. Watching the game in real time I felt city's players were falling over every 50-50 they lost (as has been the norm all season thus far), and being awarded freekicks for doing so.

Alli went in hard and as I said, he did miss-time it, but de Bruyne wasn't hurt at all (despite his writhing around like he was injured until the card came out).

What I'm saying I like seeing players get stuck into city, I want their games to become increasingly physical as the season progresses. Don't think that's particularly controversial.
You definitely need to see it again. It was a horrific challenge although I felt Kane’s was worst and could have easily ended up with a broken leg on another day.

AngliaRed

I’m sure most of us on here have all played
Football at various levels and I can say that in the 25years of playing football at army youth league and then Saturday and sunday level that I have never ever had my studs on a players ankle what we’ve seen alot in the past few weeks, I just dont see that when you tackle or try intercept the ball your studs end up on there ankle at that studs up angle.

It would be interesting to hear of people on here if they’ve ever done what Ali, pogba etc have all been seen doing lately and if they’ve meant it or by accident?

Varun

Staff

Yeah, better see it again because it wasn't the usual "being physical". That's part of the game. This was Alli at his usual cnutish best when things don't go well.

kouroux

Tbh, it was painful to watch so imagine being on the receiving end of that. You don't need to be actually hurt to justify a reaction of extreme pain.

darko

what about Fernandinho's foul on Danny Rose early in the first half. He kicked right through him from behind and didn't even receive a yellow. That should have been a straight red.

kouroux

what about Fernandinho's foul on Danny Rose early in the first half. He kicked right through him from behind and didn't even receive a yellow. That should have been a straight red.
Otamendi kicking Kane in the face is also worthy of a discussion. His foot has no business being this high when the ball is that close to Kane's face.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Wonder if we’ll see similar tactics rewarded by referees like Pep’s Barça endured in the Primera. Premiership likes to tout themselves as a physical league but shouldn’t equate to failing to protect players

As good as City has been they’ve been on the wrong end of poor decisions far more than they’ve benefited

IrishRedDevil

Wonder if we’ll see similar tactics rewarded by referees like Pep’s Barça endured in the Primera. Premiership likes to tout themselves as a physical league but shouldn’t equate to failing to protect players

As good as City has been they’ve been on the wrong end of poor decisions far more than they’ve benefited
Don't talk nonsense. What list of poor decisions exactly? Without even thinking about it, they got away with offside goals v Arsenal and Kompany should have been red carded in the first few minutes of the Leicester game.

Pacificgi

Football at various levels and I can say that in the 25years of playing football at army youth league and then Saturday and sunday level that I have never ever had my studs on a players ankle what we’ve seen alot in the past few weeks, I just dont see that when you tackle or try intercept the ball your studs end up on there ankle at that studs up angle.

It would be interesting to hear of people on here if they’ve ever done what Ali, pogba etc have all been seen doing lately and if they’ve meant it or by accident?
I used to play with a lad that seemed to leave his studs in at every opportunity. Nightmare to go into challenges with. It was just naturally how he played - a dirty player similar to alli but probably less of a cnut

M Bison

Supports
York City
Don’t get the uproar myself, Spurs couldn’t get close to them so Alli left one in on him. Not a nice tackle but it was never a leg breaker, should have fired his team up a bit and got more out of them.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Don’t get the uproar myself, Spurs couldn’t get close to them so Alli left one in on him. Not a nice tackle but it was never a leg breaker, should have fired his team up a bit and got more out of them.
People hate him on this forum.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That's an ankle breaker that one.

He's a nasty cnut that fella.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
People hate him on this forum.
They don't hate him. I see plenty of posters praising his game etc. A lot of people including myself would have him at United as he's undoubtable and excellent footballer. Doesn't mean he doesn't get on like a twat at times.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Rubbish. We used to Kick arsenal off the pitch because they were a better footballing side, it was well known.

I’d rather win than take the moral high ground, if that means taking a physical approach then so be it.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

What I've learned from this thread is that a lot of people have never played a semi-competitive game of football in their lives.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I remember when United played against City and after they went up 2:1, they kept the ball and showed no intent whatsover to bring it forward. It even resulted in throw in after throw in after throw in. It's ok to run the clock down a bit, but that's a whole new level. From my experience at amateur level, opponents will get very, very angry if the leading team wants to milk it for over 30 minutes.

I don't want to see any player getting injured severly but i would've been frustrated too by these kind of antics, Guardiola's playbook.

I think Spurs players knew what happened in in the past and they're having none of it.

dogwithabone

I remember when United played against City and after they went up 2:1, they kept the ball and showed no intent whatsover to bring it forward. It even resulted in throw in after throw in after throw in. It's ok to run the clock down a bit, but that's a whole new level. From my experience at amateur level, opponents will get very, very angry if the leading team wants to milk it for over 30 minutes.

I don't want to see any player getting injured severly but i would've been frustrated too by these kind of antics, Guardiola's playbook.

I think Spurs players knew what happened in in the past and they're having none of it.

To be fair if you can afford to ‘milk it’ for 30 minutes plus then you’ve worked bloody hard in the previous 60 odd minutes to put yourself in that position.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

I guess amateur football isn’t played at anywhere near the pace of the professionals. The profs are running around at 100mph, accidents will happen. Ali shouldn’t be making that stamp movement because if he’s a fraction late then he’s in trouble. But I’m convinced Ali didn’t mean to catch De Bruyne, it was an accident. I think the challenge was more a technical issue than a case of malice.

gaucho_10

Another young English player suffering from overateditis.
I never understood what's so special about him. He can score when in form, but his overall game is a little bit of everything which is basically a whole lot of nothing.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sent off to preserve the “theatre” and “spectacle” of the game and also so the referee did not get blamed for spurs “imploding”.

Now the next three teams they play have potentially been cheated out of points as neither Ali or Kane should be playing.

Well done to the referee.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
It's very, very unfortunate and reckless that such a tackle is not severely punished.
Alli has done it before, and without clear consequences he will do it again soon, at some point in the future the career of some innocent player will be ended or harmed by this, and the inaction of referees regarding this little dirty cnut will have contributed.