Delta Airlines throws man off plane for speaking Arabic

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Since it's a Youtube "prankster" I assume that everything he posts first is staged. If it comes from another sources I assume he's at fault. It's just way more believable that if he was thrown out of a plane that he was in the wrong. I'll actually be shocked if that wasn't the case.

Runner

I genuinely hope he gets put on a no fly list for the rest of his life. What an idiot.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Look at this guys Twitter and YouTube. He is a Grade A fecking attention seeker. He is a new breed of YouTuber who stages a whole bunch of racial profiling videos for the sole purpose of gaining views and attention, it's fecked up. Look at Joey Salads for another example. There is nothing genuine about him. I have absolutely no doubt he did everything he could to disturb the passengers and crew by being deliberately loud and obnoxious, proved by the 20 passenger complaints, and then start filming the situation and take it out of context completely.

Borden

Delta have released a statement now http://news.delta.com/updated-statement-customers-removed-disruptive-behavior

Upon landing the crew was debriefed and multiple passenger statements collected. Based on the information collected to date, it appears the customers who were removed sought to disrupt the cabin with provocative behavior, including shouting. This type of conduct is not welcome on any Delta flight. While one, according to media reports, is a known prankster who was video recorded and encouraged by his traveling companion, what is paramount to Delta is the safety and comfort of our passengers and employees. It is clear these individuals sought to violate that priority.

That's actually quite brave of them, considering the enormous twitter outrage right now.

I find it quite unnerving watching all the people on twitter going apeshit though. How easy it is to manipulate the masses.

saivet

Bit of a wishy washy statement from Delta. Be interested to hear the actual stories from those on the plane, not via Delta.

The guy also responded
My hunch is this guy was probably just trying to be funny by pretending to speak Arabic on the phone. A few people started getting vocal, he probably argued back and it all went from there.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
When you consider he did this right after this story broke:

Muslim woman 'made up NY subway hate attack' by Trump fans
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38328242

then you see what a massive fecking idiot he is. Muslims face enough real problems I'm sure without handing the bigots the excuse they need to say it's all an act.

saivet

So was this a massive WUM gone wrong ?
Reckon so, but not really clear.

Not seen his other prank vids, but his ones on planes were not what I'd call out of order. One he sings in Arabic, another he counts in Arabic (directed to his friend and doesn't seem particularly loud) and another he's wearing some traditonal Arab clothing.

Not funny and he comes across like a bit of a prickl but seems fairly harmless.

hobbers

Natural result of making victimhood a social currency.

This kid has also made fake racial profiling vids with pretend cops. He's doing it to smear and he's doing it for money. Grade A cnut.

Mick1991

I'm partial to a bit of CrazyRussianHacker myself, a good few of them are complete trash (most if I'm being honest). I'm pretty sure 90% of their videos consist of them moaning about how unfairly youtube are treating them.........by somehow miraculously getting them paid for their terribleness.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Since it's a Youtube "prankster" I assume that everything he posts first is staged. If it comes from another sources I assume he's at fault. It's just way more believable that if he was thrown out of a plane that he was in the wrong. I'll actually be shocked if that wasn't the case.
There have been other instances of airlines in the US being discriminatory towards Muslim passengers. The actions of one eejit shouldn't stop a holistic view of the situation. Was he thrown off the plane because Delta sussed out he was a prankster? What were those people at the back jeering him for?

Seems like everyone is jumping to conclusions on this one, on opposite sides...

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It would be a remarkable coincidence if a YouTube prankster with a series of plane game videos manages to get thrown off a plane for doing nothing more than chat with his friend.

Last edited:

GazTheLegend

"Prankster" gets kicked off the plane for pulling a prank.

Nothing to see here, stow your outrage, nobody would care if Jonny Noxville was kicked off a plane for one of his stunts - and he'd probably just accept it and find it funny.

Turning it into a race issue is an UNBELIEVABLY cnutish move.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's been known to fake race baiting videos before, as well as provoking and antagonizing people on planes, among other places.

The cnut has no credibility. It's infuriating how stupid so many people are nowadays.

adexkola

Supports
When you consider he did this right after this story broke:

Muslim woman 'made up NY subway hate attack' by Trump fans
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38328242

then you see what a massive fecking idiot he is. Muslims face enough real problems I'm sure without handing the bigots the excuse they need to say it's all an act.
Bigots don't need an excuse to be bigots.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Reckon so, but not really clear.

Not seen his other prank vids, but his ones on planes were not what I'd call out of order. One he sings in Arabic, another he counts in Arabic (directed to his friend and doesn't seem particularly loud) and another he's wearing some traditonal Arab clothing.

Not funny and he comes across like a bit of a prickl but seems fairly harmless.
Indeed. Why should his previous antics be judged as any different to performing similar in French, Hindi Swahili or Chinese languages.

Quite surprised at the majority of reactionary comments on this thread.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Indeed. Why should his previous antics be judged as any different to performing similar in French, Hindi Swahili or Chinese languages.

He has faked racial bating videos before.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Delta have released a statement now http://news.delta.com/updated-statement-customers-removed-disruptive-behavior

Upon landing the crew was debriefed and multiple passenger statements collected. Based on the information collected to date, it appears the customers who were removed sought to disrupt the cabin with provocative behavior, including shouting. This type of conduct is not welcome on any Delta flight. While one, according to media reports, is a known prankster who was video recorded and encouraged by his traveling companion, what is paramount to Delta is the safety and comfort of our passengers and employees. It is clear these individuals sought to violate that priority.

That's actually quite brave of them, considering the enormous twitter outrage right now.

I find it quite unnerving watching all the people on twitter going apeshit though. How easy it is to manipulate the masses.
Their statement admits nothing because to do so would cause irreversible damage to their brand reputation. They are in damage limitation mode and any statement will have scrutinized by their CEO, lawyers and the worlds top corporate PR.

I'd like to know why he started shouting. That he had prior instances of 'pranks' which sought to highlight racist behaviour has nothing to do with this case

Last edited:

adexkola

Supports

Typical case of political incorrect people getting angrier at the reaction than the action.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He has faked racial bating videos before.
Adam Salado was not the person who was allegedly victimized for speaking arabic. It was a friend of his who did not know how to react. Saleh merely stood up for his friend