Denmark - Euro 2021 Discussion

Delighted, country that voted to move their asylum process to Africa just a few weeks back, country that declared parts of Syria safe just so they can send back asylum seekers.
Feck em.

oh, and they were crap tonight, lost as many games as they won in the tournament 3v3, not worthy finalists.

kopviolator

A man nearly died on the pitch and they were robbed over a dive to get them into the final...

Football eh? Bloody hell
Well, going by reports his heart stopped beating and he had to be resuscitated. So I suppose he factually did die.

all things aside though, they are blessed he seems on a path of recovery. The cheat seems lightweight in comparison.

FatTails

What were they robbed of exactly?
The game was petering out and heading to penalties, which would’ve been a fair conclusion to that game. The ref not going to the monitor to double check that penalty decision is inexplicable to me. I’m convinced that if he had, he would’ve reversed his decision.

So they were robbed of a chance to make it to penalties, which I would’ve made them slight favourites for over England who are historically terrible at penalties and have a short keeper with small stubs for arms.

TheReligion

Abusive
The game was petering out and heading to penalties, which would’ve been a fair conclusion to that game. The ref not going to the monitor to double check that penalty decision is inexplicable to me. I’m convinced that if he had, he would’ve reversed his decision.

So they were robbed of a chance to make it to penalties, which I would’ve made them slight favourites for over England who are historically terrible at penalties and have a short keeper with small stubs for arms.
Reaching really with that. The better team won with the Danes seemingly settling for not playing any kind of football from the 60 minute mark.

The Damsgaard free kick shouldn't have been a free kick and even the wall Denmark used to block Pickford's view was illegal and this was also missed by the officials.

FatTails

Erm, not really though. England had total control in extra time especially before the pen.
People kept going on and on about Spain having control and not looking like scoring. England did a lot of that today. It counts now?

TheReligion

Abusive
Denmark made England work for it but they hardly created any decent chances.
They didn't create any really. Kasper was their best player. His save from Maguire's header was absolutely superb. The one from Sterling in the first half he didn't know much about but he definitely kept them in the game.

Widow

People kept going on and on about Spain having control and not looking like scoring. England did a lot of that today. It counts now?
Only in your contorted view.

There was only one team going to win it. Only one team created good enough chances to win it and that wasn't the Danes

FatTails

Only in your contorted view.

The only one was going to win it. Only one team created good enough chances to win it and that wasn't the Danes
England were dangerous from set pieces, which is expected but beyond that, they didn’t create any big chances.

It is what it is, Denmark should’ve been out of sight by halftime. They played really well up to that point and Pickford was very shaky. It’s a shame they didn’t test him more.

RopersReturn

What can you say? We were clearly second best in both quality and energy levels, but still managed to make a game out of it.

I would much have preferred to lose to a quality goal though. Somehow losing to the rebound of a really soft penalty just makes it so much worse.

All in all, the team has done us proud. Great tournament from the lads. Just need to keep our heads high, because this team should qualify and make it out of the group stage in the next World Cup.
Commiserations mate, you played exceptionally well tonight and have been probably the most entertaining team of the tournament. I feel Danish football has already turned a corner, having such an array of tallanted young and emerging players who will without doubt, go on to achieve every success in future tournaments.

Reactions: Jippy

TheReligion

Abusive
England were dangerous from set pieces, which is expected but beyond that, they didn’t create any big chances.

It is what it is, Denmark should’ve been out of sight by halftime. They played really well up to that point and Pickford was very shaky. It’s a shame they didn’t test him more.
What chances did Denmark have to be out of sight by half time?

Widow

Absolute tripe!
Sterling had three good chances. Kane had a couple and should have won it right at the end of normal time.

Denmark, for all their huff and puff, didn't create a single one!

But hey, let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good story, eh!

ROFLUTION

Delighted, country that voted to move their asylum process to Africa just a few weeks back, country that declared parts of Syria safe just so they can send back asylum seekers.
Feck em.

oh, and they were crap tonight, lost as many games as they won in the tournament 3v3, not worthy finalists.
I take it you're not a brexiteer / pro "England should take more asyl-citiziens" with those comments.

If that's your stand: Would you also want anyone to generalise you as a british person call you a brexiteer albeit almost half of England not being one? You seem extremely generalizing, because you want to prove a point in football-matters. Many danes are neither for this, so please treat others the way you'd like to be treated yourself.

Erm, not really though. England had total control in extra time especially before the pen.
An England goal in extra time was almost inevitable- Denmark were physically fecked and had no answer to England’s attacking threat. If we didn’t score at that moment, it would have been all England in the second half of extra time until we scored.

saivet

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Feck em.

Nice.

They lost a country very well known for interfering politically in another territories, and pairing with United States to bomb the Middle East and create refugees, and on top of that selling military weapons to Saudi Arabia.

I guess the cleaner country won.

I hope the cleaner country wins on Sunday, it has to be England.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
I thought you were an Argie looking at some of your posts on Man,. City thread and the Argentina in crisis threads that pop up in last few years...shocked with all this England love.:lol:
Nah dude I'm English born and bred, ironically named Paddy cause my dad's Irish. I just don't like over reaction to certain players being failures.

I'm loving this England team, not often in my lifetime I've seen one with 4 city players, nevermind one so good. The fact I'm living in Ireland and get to have some fun makes international football so much fun. Imagine the shit I've taken as literally an English Paddy who supports city in the west if Ireland where everyone loves English clubs but hates our national team.

It's like being surrounded by 10000 Ser19s. I'm enjoying the shit outta this tournie.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Fans using the unfortunate Eriksen incident as some sort of given right that everything should go Denmark’s way is disgraceful and disrespectful to the man himself. They qualified from the group having lost two games, they played some decent football and got to the semi. Scored a free kick that the keeper should’ve saved and didn’t do much else. Moan about the penalty but conveniently forget an absolutely blatant back pass in the first two minutes which was completely ignored, plus a penalty that could’ve been for Kane in addition to a few more missed chances. England were the better team and deserved to progress.

TheReligion

Abusive
I take it you're not a brexiteer / pro "England should take more asyl-citiziens" with those comments.

If that's your stand: Would you also want anyone to generalise you as a british person call you a brexiteer albeit almost half of England not being one? You seem extremely generalizing, because you want to prove a point in football-matters. Many danes are neither for this, so please treat others the way you'd like to be treated yourself.
He's Swedish

I think every country should do more for asylum seekers. I think Denmark’s asylum and immigration politics are a disgrace.
Plus, they lost as many games as they won this Euros, and have been a right whiney bunch despite how their freekick was won with as much of a soft fall over as the pen.
So feck em.

I know many Danes aren’t like this, I go to Denmark at least twice a year and love it, some great great people too. But their current politics removes any sympathy from me for them as a nation, they are utterly disgraceful.

Last edited:

Jev

Fans using the unfortunate Eriksen incident as some sort of given right that everything should go Denmark’s way is disgraceful and disrespectful to the man himself. They qualified from the group having lost two games, they played some decent football and got to the semi. Scored a free kick that the keeper should’ve saved and didn’t do much else. Moan about the penalty but conveniently forget an absolutely blatant back pass in the first two minutes which was completely ignored, plus a penalty that could’ve been for Kane in addition to a few more missed chances. England were the better team and deserved to progress.
That Kane incident was such a blatant foul by him, please stop talking about that.

England had the referee on their side throughout the game and I think it's beyond cheap to decide a Euro semifinal with such a soft penalty. Still, England were well on top, deserved to win and probably would have scored regardless of the penalty.

RoyH1

The gloating on this thread is cringeworthy. The CAF has always been my go place to place because the level of discussion was always more sophisticated than in most social media, but I guess I’ll put it on hold until normal United football is back on the menu.
Carry on.

Ralaks

The gloating on this thread is cringeworthy. The CAF has always been my go place to place because the level of discussion was always more sophisticated than in most social media, but I guess I’ll put it on hold until normal United football is back on the menu.
Carry on.
It is pretty sad to be honest. All this talk about us being sore losers, but the Englishmen are incredibly bad winners. Truth probably being somewhere in between.

Anyway after a rough sleep still super proud of what we achieved. Did we deserve to win? probably not, but we did absolutely not deserve to lose to a dive like that after fighting for 110+ minutes. The levels of justifications they go through to justify the dive is ridiculous. "Kane was fouled earlier" no he was not. "Christensen was fouled in the build up to the first goal" 50/50 aerial duel half way up the pitch, only the most mental would align that the same as an ET pen.

At least we have the balls to admit you guys deserved to win, now we're awaiting you guys having the balls to admit it was a dive :)

Jev

It is pretty sad to be honest. All this talk about us being sore losers, but the Englishmen are incredibly bad winners. Truth probably being somewhere in between.

Anyway after a rough sleep still super proud of what we achieved. Did we deserve to win? probably not, but we did absolutely not deserve to lose to a dive like that after fighting for 110+ minutes. The levels of justifications they go through to justify the dive is ridiculous. "Kane was fouled earlier" no he was not. "Christensen was fouled in the build up to the first goal" 50/50 aerial duel half way up the pitch, only the most mental would align that the same as an ET pen.

At least we have the balls to admit you guys deserved to win, now we're awaiting you guys having the balls to admit it was a dive :)
Can't believe the amount of people talking about that Kane penalty. Such a blatant foul from Kane, you'd have to be deluded not to see it. Also haven't watched the foul for our goal that they're complaining about. It looked clear as day on first watch.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven

This pretty much sums it up. Didn’t expect so much people would call it a pen the day after. If Sterling did this for City against United imagine this place.

Mike Smalling

Feck em.

So only nations whose policies live up to your high moral standards are allowed to do well in sports? What a bizarre take. I'm guessing you will be quite busy invalidating Olympic medals in a couple of weeks.

And the 3 losses, 3 wins argument doesn't make any sense either. First of all you are counting the Finland game, which we would win 9/10 in normal circumstances. Counting yesterday's game is also a bit strange - if we had made in to the final our statistic would obviously be different.

We don't deserve to be in the final, but it's definitely not for any of those reasons.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Some weird decisions by the Danish manager. Damsgaard and Dolberg were the most dangerous attackers and Braithwaite was awful. Were they knackered or injured or something?

Mike Smalling

No, that wasn’t my point at all.

And Denmark did do well, very well.

But their recent scummy politics has me in a “feck em” moment, no sympathy from me.
Fair enough. I don't really understand mixing politics with sports at that level, but to each their own I guess.

Ralaks

Fair enough. I don't really understand mixing politics with sports at that level, but to each their own I guess.
He has been trolling around in all threads about DK since the Wales game I think, no need to waste your energy

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Nice.

They lost a country very well known for interfering politically in another territories, and pairing with United States to bomb the Middle East and create refugees, and on top of that selling military weapons to Saudi Arabia.

I guess the cleaner country won.

I hope the cleaner country wins on Sunday, it has to be England.
Hate to break it to you but the Danish armed forces also contributed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the air strikes on Libya.

Classical Mechanic

That Kane incident was such a blatant foul by him, please stop talking about that.

England had the referee on their side throughout the game and I think it's beyond cheap to decide a Euro semifinal with such a soft penalty. Still, England were well on top, deserved to win and probably would have scored regardless of the penalty.
Is there a video of the Kane incident? Having seen it live I thought it was a pen but watching the brief highlights I can see a foul by Kane but I'd like to see it in detail.

Hate to break it to you but the Danish armed forces also contributed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the air strikes on Libya.
I quite enjoyed his whataboutism, completely ignoring how scummy those asylum policies are, because “another country did something bad also”, erm no shit.

Denmark are breaking families up and sending families back to Syria, areas they have declared “safe”, Denmark will make all asylum seekers, seek asylum in Africa. They’ll even fly them there if they do get to Denmark to be “processed” in Africa, no matter where they are from. They are currently leading the race to the bottom on asylum politics in Europe.
So I think, feck em, I’ve no sympathy for that nation right now. Yet somehow me thinking “feck em”, has em all up in arms, as though it actually matters one what my current feelings to the nation of Denmark are.

Oh and Kane was never a pen, he was first to the ball but if anything it’s a tackle from behind by Kane.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No, that wasn’t my point at all.

And Denmark did do well, very well.

But their recent scummy politics has me in a “feck em” moment, no sympathy from me.
There isn't a single nation in the world that doesn't have 'scummy politics' so please leave that nonsense out of the this thread. Denmark have had a great tournament, but they deserved to lose last night.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Feck em.

:lol: As we all know England is a beacon of humane politics. Shocking post.

I and many others think our asylum policies are despicable, by the way.