Denzel Dumfries

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This would be an amazing signing. Dumfries is a fecking monster. He'd be perfect for the premier league and he's a nice and smart dude as well.

And his name is Denzel Dumfries, it's a no brainer.

I do think that this place should be renamed Orangecafe after Ten Hag signs Malacia, Dumfries, Timber and De Jong.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This would be an amazing signing. Dumfries is a fecking monster. He'd be perfect for the premier league and he's a nice and smart dude as well.

And his name is Denzel Dumfries, it's a no brainer.

I do think that this place should be renamed Orangecafe after Ten Hag signs Malacia, Dumfries, Timber and De Jong.
It would be a juice bar at that point, no more fancy stuff.

I like him. Very physical, fast and a lot of passion. Decent on the ball. Great Euros performance. Best name in football atm.

Probably not a big upgrade on AWB and Dalot however.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's incredibly limited, but it's kind of inspiring how he manages to be effective despite that

That said, unless the plan is to use him effectively as a right forward and mostly as an off ball runner at that, look elsewhere

NLunited

He would fit United well because of his energy and mentality. He‘s a monster, scores goals and can destroy the other team manager‘s plans by sheer brutality.

He‘ll break forward and show up in the box to head it in himself.

Obviously he has shortcomings, but proves critics wrong every time with his drive. He‘s
very effective.

If Ten Hag wants him and he is not too expensive, we should go for it.

ti vu

He's incredibly limited, but it's kind of inspiring how he manages to be effective despite that

That said, unless the plan is to use him effectively as a right forward and mostly as an off ball runner at that, look elsewhere
Remind me of Malouda (different position though).

justsomebloke

Surprised at the low opinion of him - he was one of the best RBs at last summer's Euros. Some would say the best RB.

The comparison with Wan-Bissaka is downright absurd. He excels at precisely what Wan-Bissaka isn't good at, attacking contributions. He scored twice in 4 games at the Euros, and looked very much like a key offensive cog on the Dutch team.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I remember him scoring goals at the last Euro's.
Could also be our makeshift centre forward.

Rolaholic

Chelsea, Bayern, Spurs and United reportedly interested

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Isn't RWB effectively how Ten Hag plays his right back?
Not sure tbh; if it is, then I suppose he could be an option.

He definitely looks a hell of a-lot better going forward, than he does at defending. I imagine he's only being linked to us, because Dutch.

Rolaholic

He's pretty poor and only really suited to RWB.
Seems to be highly rated by Inter and Oranje fans, Inter need money though and he's considered more expendable than their stars like Lautaro, Barella, Skriniar or Bastoni

cyberman

Reading Inter forums and he seemed to have a good start to his Inter career, fell away and is now performing really well again.
I trust Ten Hag

El Jefe

Anytime I've watched Inter or Netherlands he's looked very threatening and definitely a player I wouldn't mind having. Must have watched different games to those who don't think he's a good player.

Robbie Boy

Seems to be highly rated by Inter and Oranje fans, Inter need money though and he's more expendable than their stars like Lautaro, Barrella, Skriniar or Bastoni
From what I've seen of him, he looks pretty limited. I really think he would struggle defensively in the PL.

Looks a fun player going forward, á la someone like Van Anholt, but I would have serious reservations about his defending. I probably haven't seen enough of him tbh, so maybe he's better than I'm giving him credit for. Can't imagine there's anything in the link, though.

cyberman

He’s a wingback, not a full back.
Thought I’d add this quote

I do just want to give a quick fact about him: he played at amateur levels at the age of 19, for a team in the Dutch second division until 21, then a year at a midtable team in the Eredivisie.

He is so early in his top flight career that he shouldn’t really be pigeonholed into one position since we don’t really know how he’ll develop, even at 26

Tavern in the town

Thought I’d add this quote

I do just want to give a quick fact about him: he played at amateur levels at the age of 19, for a team in the Dutch second division until 21, then a year at a midtable team in the Eredivisie.

He is so early in his top flight career that he shouldn’t really be pigeonholed into one position since we don’t really know how he’ll develop, even at 26
I get that but if you look at his best attributes he looks like he’s of the [Irrelevant point] or Doherty mould. Gets plenty of goals and shots/touches in the box which is great at wing back, but these players tend to struggle when moved to a normal full back role. Full backs aren’t goalscorers and rarely have shots in the box. His passing and dribbling numbers are really poor.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Would be cool. Timber as a RCB, Dumfries RWB and Shaw going as a LCB when attacking, forming a back 3 with Varane.

Although, Malacia and Dumfries bombing from wings and Sancho-Antony making room for them and creating chances... well, why not?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's really great off the ball and fairly poor with it. Defensively decent, not great. Really depends on how the team is setup and the personnel. At inter he was good in large part because they had perisic on the other side and a technical defence and midfield very adept at moving the ball up through the middle, so they mostly asked him to provide width and make deep runs off the ball

Rolaholic

Makes sense seeing as ETH seems to prefer a RWB in his system

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Ah, glad we're monitoring. We're good at that.

SATA

Was he the one who started for Holland at RB in the Euros 2020 or was it another bloke? I vaguely remember i was very impressed with their RB in that tournament