'Der Klassiker' : Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

NoLogo

I don't think it does it's actually fairly close to our "We are Manchester United and we do what we want" phrase. It's got a bit of an arrogant tone to it and implies that they are unique and no one can reach their level.

buckooo1978

This discussion is indeed for another thread, so I will just limit myself to the following:

1. Atletico and West Ham are directly comparable in financial terms.

2. Lots of the Spanish talent has been bought by clubs from richer countries, especially England.

3. Atletico are much poorer than Dortmund. Dortmund had revenues of 196.7m euros in 11/12, while Atletico had only 107.9m euros in the same year. The next year the gap grew even bigger, Dortmund 256.2m, Atleti 120m. In fact, for most of the past few years, Ateti were outdone by Valencia, and sometimes even Sevilla in Spain. They are also very deep in debt. A look at the figures, also reveals that Atletico were only slightly ahead of Everton, Sunderland, Fulham and Aston Villa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League#2011.E2.80.9312
everything you say is true and the teams that punch above their weight deserve massive respect - Dortmund have been appreciated by football fans all over for what they ahieved - Athletico are the same

Dortmund have won the title and German cups though against their big spending neighbours

For Athletico though - if they don't finish the job in the league and CL - they will be forgotten in history

Ruht

Kehl "Klopp posted a youtube video of the 2012 cup win in our whatsapp group" #bvb
:lol:

Pep said Mandzukic not travelling was his decision and it is not because of an injury. Starting to think there is more truth to the rumour of a Mandzu-Luiz swap. Bloody ridiculous..

Blackwidow

That Mia san Mia was first used in the K and K monarchy - and then in Bavaria. It is not football related.

Mia san mia,
mia san stärker ois die Stier,
mia san stärker ois die Bam,
weil mia echte Bayern san

We are we, we are stronger than bulls, we are stronger then trees, because we are real Bavarians.

---------

Yes, the Mandzu story (not that with Luiz but that with him and Pep) is "interesting". Mandzu won't be in Munich next season.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Mandzukic is left out of the squad by Guardiola for "technical reasons". Rumor making rounds, the Croat is on his way to us (Chelsea).

Could be bollocks.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Pep said Mandzukic not travelling was his decision and it is not because of an injury. Starting to think there is more truth to the rumour of a Mandzu-Luiz swap. Bloody ridiculous..
Just means, Mandzukic is gone, don't worry about Luiz ;)

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Mandzukic is left out of the squad by Guardiola for "technical reasons". Rumor making rounds, the Croat is on his way to us (Chelsea).

Could be bollocks.

Hopefully. He never has been good enough for Bayern. Can't see him beeing a regular starter for Chelsea either.

Blackwidow

Could be bollocks.
The twitter of Sportbild wants to know that Pep already said good-bye to Mandzu forever yesterday in the dressing room.

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga...dem-kader-aus-bei-bayern--36005216.sport.html

Tells that he wished him luck for his next club and that Mandzu already flew to Croatia. And it seems to be "disciplinary" reasons why he is not in Berlin.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
That Mia san Mia was first used in the K and K monarchy - and then in Bavaria. It is not football related.

Mia san mia,
mia san stärker ois die Stier,
mia san stärker ois die Bam,
weil mia echte Bayern san

We are we, we are stronger than bulls, we are stronger then trees, because we are real Bavarians.
Sadly, it is now. It started to annoy me, when it became the leading motto in our marketing campaign and was printed everywhere instead of just being something in the background that appeared from time to time.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Hopefully. He never has been good enough for Bayern. Can't see him beeing a regular starter for Chelsea either.
We won the treble with him starting every game. How was he not good enough for Bayern? You don't need a superstar in every position.

If he moves to Chelsea, he's a pretty good back-up for Costa.

NM

I hope Dortmund thump them. Winning only the league (will that be it?) will be a bad season for Bayern after the insane expectations.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
They should have waited for the final to pass before dealing with Mandzukic. Unless he has refused to play tomorrow, there's no reason to leave him out of such an important fixture. It's not like he would have acted in an unprofessional manner on the pitch.

I think Bayern will miss his physical presence tomorrow, his directness as well. We all know Pep wants his teams to pass the ball into the net but Madzukic would have provided them with other options if Pep's usual style isn't working. It's not coincidence that it was Mandzukic who equalized immediately after Evra's goal from a Ribery cross. He's underrated just because he doesn't have exceptional technique and is seen as a limited striker, which is far from the truth IMO.

Blackwidow

Sadly, it is now. It started to annoy me, when it became the leading motto in our marketing campaign and was printed everywhere instead of just being something in the background that appeared from time to time.
Yes - but it better matches to an FC Bayern post probably the 70s or 80s than to the club prior to this with all the other background. It is the same with the Lederhosen that got part of the club again but somehow never were "identity" before. I do not see that as critically as you do. The Bavarian aspect and the dominance is somehow the difference between others - and is shown with the slogan. And I think that especially the players that are at Bayern since youth times and have heard "Zieht den Bayern die Lederhosen aus" in youth tournaments since they are 11 or 12 really can identify with this slogan...

Blackwidow

They should have waited for the final to pass before dealing with Mandzukic. Unless he has refused to play tomorrow, there's no reason to leave him out of such an important fixture. It's not like he would have acted in an unprofessional manner on the pitch.

I think Bayern will miss his physical presence tomorrow, his directness as well. We all know Pep wants his teams to pass the ball into the net but Madzukic would have provided them with other options if Pep's usual style isn't working. It's not coincidence that it was Mandzukic who equalized immediately after Evra's goal from a Ribery cross. He's underrated just because he doesn't have exceptional technique and is seen as a limited striker, which is far from the truth IMO.
We have Pizarro. He has been a lot better recently.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Yes - but it better matches to an FC Bayern post probably the 70s or 80s than to the club prior to this with all the other background. It is the same with the Lederhosen that got part of the club again but somehow never were "identity" before. I do not see that as critically as you do. The Bavarian aspect and the dominance is somehow the difference between others - and is shown with the slogan. And I think that especially the players that are at Bayern since youth times and have heard "Zieht den Bayern die Lederhosen aus" in youth tournaments since they are 11 or 12 really can identify with this slogan...
Fair enough. I probably would like it as well, if they didn't overdo it. The Bavarian theme became such a huge marketing thing in the last 2 or 3 years that it's clearly a strategy to make money and has nothing to do with valueing our traditions. There could be worse themes, no doubt, but the way they use it at the moment is too often cringeworthy for my liking.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

Pizarro played much better in the past few weeks. So no need for Mandzukic to be honest.

Danny Boi

I expect the bids will come flying in from us after this one. Reus,Hummels,Kroos,Muller,Robben, no one is safe.

Blackwidow

I expect the bids will come flying in from us after this one. Reus,Hummels,Kroos,Muller,Robben, no one is safe.
If you know van Gaal Müller, Robben and Hummels are for sure on van Gaal's A list. Robben and Müller are van-Gaal-players - he knows them very well and trusts them and they have a bondage with him. (But they have with FC Bayern, too). Hummels father and agent was youth coach at Bayern with van Gaal and he is one of Hermann Gerland's youth players - he is a defender that can build up the match from behind - should match very well into his ideas. But they are the ones that are not very realistic. Kroos is one he can live with as United probably was already in deals - but I am pretty sure he is not one of the tulip general's most wanted. Reus is a muppet of the English press.

Suedesi

So, Pep Guardiola has told Madzukic to do one?
http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga...dem-kader-aus-bei-bayern--36005216.sport.html

Translation (nicked from elsewhere)
  • The relationship between Mandzukic and Guardiola was really bad
  • Mandzukic won't be part of the final squad against Dortmund tomorrow
  • Mandzukic already took a plane to Croatia
  • Mandzukic already said good bye to his teammates
  • Guardiola said on the press conference, that he isn't part of the squad because of disciplinary reasons

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Bayern have been poor recently so will be an interesting one to watch. See if they turn their A-game on now they have something to play for.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Anyway, wrong thread for that discussion. It looks more and more like Schweinsteiger and Mandzukic won't be available for Bayern and Ribery will start on the bench. Pizarro looked great in recent weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see the following line-up:

Robben Pizarro Müller
Kroos Götze
Martinez
Alaba Dante Boateng Lahm
Neuer
I would love that.
I think he'll play......Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Lahm, Martinez; Robben, Kroos, Gotze - Muller

anchan1989

So, Pep Guardiola has told Madzukic to do one?

Translation (nicked from elsewhere)
  • The relationship between Mandzukic and Guardiola was really bad
  • Mandzukic won't be part of the final squad against Dortmund tomorrow
  • Mandzukic already took a plane to Croatia
  • Mandzukic already said good bye to his teammates
  • Guardiola said on the press conference, that he isn't part of the squad because of disciplinary reasons
Didnt read about the good byes but the rest happened or was in the press. I would be ok with Mandzu leaving. He is a great player and with his age he is world class now.
But we get Lewa, who is perfect for our ball holding game. Get Pizzaro another year and we have a big striker for next season.
I want to see Götze up front, having someone to play off. Lewa is that guy.
Mandzu cost 12 million euros. We can make fine buisness here. In Peps system Luiz could be the right man for CB. I trust our board and Pep.

For the final: 2:1 Bayern. Close game. Klopp will have a great plan but our class and Götze on fire(he wants to prove himself as THE star man) will decide it imo.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Unfortunately this game doesn't seem to be airing on BT Sport or ESPN. I think Dortmund will win, they have been building momentum since the second leg of the CL quarter-final against Real Madrid and in Reus they have the on form difference maker.
Would be a little strange as BT Sport mention this match in their 'coming up' promo...

Ruht

Just means, Mandzukic is gone, don't worry about Luiz ;)
Will try and not let it get to me! I'm not too fussed about Mandzukic leaving, he should have gone with the team to Berlin though. But I guess the relationship between him and Pep has been really bad in order for Pep to send him packing like that.

In any case, Pizaro has shown lately that he deserves to start in my opinion so hopefully he can do a good job.

NoPace

Seems like he`d want to put his best players out there to start and have Pizarro as an option off the bench.

I`m excited to see this Jojic fellow play a full 90 and come on here and moan about how we let another promising young CM go unsigned. Can we just please sign whoever is the best young CM still in a Balkan league?

anchan1989

I hope Dortmund thump them. Winning only the league (will that be it?) will be a bad season for Bayern after the insane expectations.
Pep won us 2 international trophies(one against Chelsea), the league in record time and a CL semi. If we win tomorrow I give this season an A+.
If not an A-. A few bad(and unlucky games) dont destroy a great first year.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Seems like he`d want to put his best players out there to start and have Pizarro as an option off the bench.
Pizza doesnt have the legs to play 70m+ on a top level. If Pep would let him start, he almost has to sub him in the 60-75minute; thats okay, when bayern is ahead, but becomes a problem, if they are chasing a deficit. With Pizarro as sub, he can easily change to a more offensive formation, while the other way around thats more complicated.

NM

Pep won us 2 international trophies(one against Chelsea), the league in record time and a CL semi. If we win tomorrow I give this season an A+.
I'm glad your a sensible fan then. Do you find the team better/worse to watch this year?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Chelsea game was seen by your fans as a glorified friendly if I remember correctly. You stress the style in which you won the league, yet talk about being eliminated in CL semis as if it was a close call tie. You were humiliated by 4 goals to nil at home. Didn't score in both legs. That itself is a solid 1 mark down given your squad and expectations which were very much founded.

From a perspective of an objective fan I wouldn't call this season a great one for Munich. You had a great season under Heynckes when you schooled the best in Europe, this time round it was you who got schooled in the most important game of the season.

It's reminiscent of our season after the treble in 99'. We walked the league, the players admitted they felt a level above anyone. I don't think you will find many United fans that recall 99-00 as a great season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Bayern Munich line-up according to BILD

Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Kroos, Lahm; Robben, Götze, Højbjerg - Pizarro

No Javi Martinez or Müller but Højbjerg starts.........Javi Martinez is the next Mandzukic and Müller will be only on the bench again for another big game

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Is this on an actual tv station this time? Because 24 months ago was ridiculous. BT have German football all year but not the best game

anchan1989

Chelsea game was seen by your fans as a glorified friendly if I remember correctly. You stress the style in which you won the league, yet talk about being eliminated in CL semis as if it was a close call tie. You were humiliated by 4 goals to nil at home. Didn't score in both legs. That itself is a solid 1 mark down given your squad and expectations which were very much founded.

From a perspective of an objective fan I wouldn't call this season a great one for Munich. You had a great season under Heynckes when you schooled the best in Europe, this time round it was you who got schooled in the most important game of the season.

It's reminiscent of our season after the treble in 99'. We walked the league, the players admitted they felt a level above anyone. I don't think you will find many United fans that recall 99-00 as a great season.
Sorry, but it was a GREAT season. We played wonderful most of the time. The super cup is a fine international trophy. You cant win many of them. Specially against a great club. Both teams wanted it bad. That says it all.
And we were good in Madrid. Controlled most of the game. I know that this was Reals plan but overall a good game for us. In the home tie we had to open up. And then any team in any form can get beaten by 4 against this Real.

I'm glad your a sensible fan then. Do you find the team better/worse to watch this year?
Overall the same I would say. Near perfection cant get better that much. But you saw Peps genius, specially with his changes during a game, in reaction to the other teams game plan and so on.
There he was far better then Jupp for example imo.

Der Spiegel(more of Bild/Times mix) is reporting that Pep wants to bring 4 or 5 players in BESIDES Lewa and Rode to built more pressure on our defence(even talk of a 3-4-3) and a world class holding mifielder(Koke?) to bring his style fully into the team.

Blackwidow

Dont trust the "Bild". They are just guessing. I watched the press conference and Højbjerg has a good chance to start. I´d like that a lot.
I watched the press conference - but in that Guardiola told more of his eagerness and that he is a great talent. But there was between the line that he meant his "everybody should play like Höjbjerg" from last weekend more in the eagerness category of an 18-year-old - not that he would think about him for the line-up. What was more clear from the latest training session that was open is that he let's Robben work a lot on the left and Müller get again back to the right. And Götze was more in the middle of the pitch. That is different two a month or two ago where Müller seldom or never had the right side even if he played in the team without Robben. Even in the trainings match today Müller had the right side. They were doing a long crosses training at the begin of the week with Robben on the left.

We think that they play with the following line-up:

Neuer
Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba
Martinez
Müller - Götze - Kroos - Robben
Pizzaro

having Shaq and Ribery to come in

but better even

Neuer
Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba
Martinez
Robben - Götze - Kroos - Ribery
Müller

with Shaq and Pizza able to be subbed in

The later makes even more sense as we do not think that Pizza can play 90 minutes or more on highest level and Ribery will not either. But Pizza is a lot better as substitute than Ribery is.

Last edited:

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
This game along with the FA Cup final and the Barca Atleico game are all on at the same time