'Der Klassiker' : Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

Winrar

Predicting a Dortmund win. Bayern have been lethargic towards the end of the season while Dortmund went in a run of form.

Hojoon

Walter the orangutan picked Dortmund to win. It's over folks.

Ruht

Seems like Alaba is doubtful for the game as well, brilliant. Contento at LB.. :houllier:

Ruht

Haha, take that ! That's what you get for having shite depth ;)
It's not enough mate! Our left-back position isn't covered though, Contento is just not good enough. I shudder at the thought of him starting tonight.

anchan1989

It's not enough mate! Our left-back position isn't covered though, Contento is just not good enough. I shudder at the thought of him starting tonight.
He was fine vs Chelsea. He is a good player. I would be ok with him.

Brightonian

He was fine vs Chelsea. He is a good player. I would be ok with him.
For a full-back, Dortmund are a more difficult prospect than Chelsea. Waves of lightning-fast attacks through the likes of Reus and Aubameyang with overlapping full-backs, as opposed to Chelsea's fairly narrow attacking game, which puts more pressure on the CBs than the FBs.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I would prefer an Shaqiri without matchpraxis as LB over Contento. And that says it all.

BVB is going to win this game. But i'm fine as long as it will be close and exciting, unlike 2012.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

(Suarez anyone? :lol:)

(just a few weeks ago)

This is a (very emotional :lol:) classic for sure.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think that was meant to be a joke about Bayern signing Götze and Lewandowski.

Blackwidow

Looks at this years Bundesliga table and last years..yep exactly
The problem is that the Dortmund system is really great against ball possession teams - that makes it so difficult to play against them. But they have problems against other teams.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Looks at this years Bundesliga table and last years..yep exactly
Not sure if you're trying to troll, but iirc Dortmund are actually slightly ahead in terms of head to head since they had their breakthrough season under Klopp. In these kind of games, against such teams, Dortmund's transition based game really shines. Given Bayern's recent form and injuries I'd even say the game is like 55:45 in Dortmund's favour.

Ruht

Good to see Hojbjerg starting, hopefully he will be able to handle it!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund:
Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Jojic, Sahin - Mkhitaryan, Reus, Großkreutz, Lewandowski

subs:
Alomerovic (GK), Durm, Friedrich, Kirch, Hofmann, Kehl, Aubameyang.

Interesting to see Jojic play alongside Sahin, I don't think they played with that pairing at CM yet (at least Kicker seems to think that they will play in a 4231). Otherwise the lineup seems pretty obvious, though I would've liked to see Durm start, I think he earned it.

Castia

Does Ribery have a knock or is he dropped? that's going to go down well if they lose.

Blackwidow

Does Ribery have a knock or is he dropped? that's going to go down well if they lose.
He had back problems in the last weeks and was out of training for a week and just started again this week.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Why are they saying that Rafinha is playing leftback and Hojbjerg rightback? That makes no sense at all :lol:

Ruht

Why are they saying that Rafinha is playing leftback and Hojbjerg rightback? That makes no sense at all :lol:
Honestly, I've given up on trying to guess the players' position on the field. No clue why would Hojbjerg start at rightback though..

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Great afternoon for football. This is up next. Cmon Dortmund :D

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Honestly, I've given up on trying to guess the players' position on the field. No clue why would Hojbjerg start at rightback though..
Even worse, why would Rafinha start as leftback :lol:. Looks like a 3-4-3. We're fecked.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Does the match start at 8 UK time? I thought it was on at 7:30.

Ruht

Even worse, why would Rafinha start as leftback :lol:. Looks like a 3-4-3. We're fecked.
Was just about to say that. I'd be surprised if we won with that line-up. Why is Pep being so stubborn is beyond me. We truly are fecked.