Television Dexter | New Blood finale has now aired. Avoid the thread until you've watched it

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
does anyone know why Trinity kept insulting the guy outside the bar ?I know he's supposed to recreate his murders but I kinda got lost with that

kietotheworld

Gutted by that ending, Lundy's my favourite character outside of Dexter. A bit cheap that they brought him back only to kill him off so swiftly

twitter thread suggester
Have you caught up now?
I was always up to speed with the show, just not the books, which was what made it difficult regarding the spoilers, as I didn't know which was which without opening them.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I was always up to speed with the show, just not the books, which was what made it difficult regarding the spoilers, as I didn't know which was which without opening them.
Don't worry about the books and the series as they go of in completly different directions now. The TV series is far better.

Gambit

The TV show only follows the book for season 1, doesn't it?
Robbed bits fr season 2 but i won't say more.
To the reason why he was doing the whole faggot cnut thing, trinity is about reliving what has happened and repeating the process. He was probably re-living something where his dad kicked his arse.

Gambit

The TV show only follows the book for season 1, doesn't it?
Trinity is also slightly based off a character in the books but it won't go down the same route.

Ivor Ballokov

Bit shitty them killing of Lundy like that. Not only was the dramatic timing a bit conceited and corny it ruins the slowburner of Lundy and Dexter interacting which was always well played out.

Good to see the episode make a return to the original formula of Dexter hunting alone and without distraction although I seem to be in the minority and actually like how the story is progressing with him balancing family duties and his murders.

indeed...

I think the Angel and LaGuerta thing is hilarious. I like how they've involved Dex, thinking that he's a normal guy.

Loved the story with Dexter's latest victim. Bat to the beehive, oh yeah.

Was it Trinity or was it Anton?
Just because anton is black he is a murderer and thief? Today I've found out not only are you not a real dr. but also you're a racist. It's just like when my parents told me santa wasn't real :(.

this

Gambit

Bit shitty them killing of Lundy like that. Not only was the dramatic timing a bit conceited and corny it ruins the slowburner of Lundy and Dexter interacting which was always well played out.

Good to see the episode make a return to the original formula of Dexter hunting alone and without distraction although I seem to be in the minority and actually like how the story is progressing with him balancing family duties and his murders.
I like the way the show is going as well. The look of anger o his face when he saw his special mug destroyed was brilliant. You have to remember that he is as much of a creation by his dad as he was by his exposure to violence. He tries to convince himself that he is an emotionless monster when in fact he has always showed emotions throughout the series. I thought they would have kept Lundy going for a lot longer but his death will bring the Trinity murders more paper time. Also who's to say it wasn't Trinity. Trinity for the first time ever has been in the papers, it is something he hasn't experienced before. We know he is meticulous in his secrecy. He may not like the limelight and the way to extinguish it in his mind may be to kill lundy and make it look like the vacation killings. The only other person it could be is the vacation killers as it happened at a motel again.

Gambit

is it even sure that Lundy is dead ?seems like some quick assumption to me
I'm assuming it may have been the vacation killers now so they end up on Dexters hit list.

kietotheworld

is it even sure that Lundy is dead ?seems like some quick assumption to me
There was a fairly huge amount of blood that seemed to be coming from his chest, I'd be very surprised if he survived

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Just because anton is black he is a murderer and thief? Today I've found out not only are you not a real dr. but also you're a racist. It's just like when my parents told me santa wasn't real :(.

this
:lol::lol:

I was thinking more of the jilted lover type.

Gambit

Just watched the clips for next week, one of them is dead.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yup, great ep.

Didn't see that coming with Trinity being a family man. Will be interesting to see what Dexter does now he's seen his face, and what will stop him from killing him next time he has the chance.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I do like this Trinity killer storyline, it's took a nice twist now you see how similar Trinity is to Dexter. However with 7 episodes to go I don't know if the killer can hold my attention for that long, unless Dexter and him have some really interesting dynamic together (like Miguel, having someone who knew the real Dexter kept me interested), I hope they resolve it soon and move the focus onto something else.

kouroux

great episode,really liked it.It was intense and it looks like it's gonna get even more in the next one.
Has Rita ever reached such a level of annoyance ? I'm finding myself wanting to skip every scene she's in cause of how boring it is

Laphroaig

Fantastic actors in it too apart from that drippy english actress Leila in the 2nd series - she was soo annoying poor - made me grit my teeth watching her
Yes. I'm halfway through the second season and have been very disappointed after thoroughly enjoying the first.

There's too many of the sub-plots that either don't work or are just boring, Lila, the NA stuff, Deb's relationship to the boss, and Maria or whatever her name is sleeping with the new boss's guy.

The business with Doakes and Dexter finding out about his past is exciting, but the rest of it bores me.

kouroux

Sgt Doakes is after Dexter the best character of this series for me.He was brilliant with all his swearing.He oozed coolness
(cheers Solius)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Any reason why this episode was 55 minutes long? Was good I thought.

Dexter learning from Trinity was cool, the hiding in plain sight thing. Next weeks ep should be good, haven't seen a trailer but just assume it's building up to something now.

Cina

Any reason why this episode was 55 minutes long? Was good I thought. ]
Eh? It's on Showtime, they've no ads so the TV shows are allowed run however long they want as long as it's less than an hour.

Good episode that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ah ok, for some reason I thought every ep was 40 minutes.

HsJ

What a great episode, best of the season I think.

• The way Dexter has "evolved" and taken on board the traits of the Trinity Killer is great
  • The way we got to see more of Trinity makes it better, and the way he peiced the clues together was a good watch
  • The LeGuerta storyline hopefully took a more interesting turn

kouroux

Terrific episode
yeah no one was killed but tbh I didn't even think of it for one second, I was completely captivated by the Mitchell's story and how it's influenced Dexter into involving as he has this admiration for Trinitiy (him being the longest serial killer and all).Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was one of the best episodes of Dexter.Not much killing but it was still so captivating

Cina

Yeah, t'was good.

One thing that annoys me though, surely when Dexter kills these people that the police have been investigating yet can't get concrete proof on them, and then they disappear, it should be a bit obvious that something is up. I mean, would they not look back on the Season 2 plotline and think "hang on, criminals are being killed/disappearing again, somethings up".

Also, I find this shit with Quinn a little tedious, as it already happened back in S2 with Doakes, who was a far, far better character than Quinn.

Still, it was a good (if slightly obvious) ending to the show, and should have some interesting plot lines.

HsJ

Yeah, t'was good.

One thing that annoys me though, surely when Dexter kills these people that the police have been investigating yet can't get concrete proof on them, and then they disappear, it should be a bit obvious that something is up. I mean, would they not look back on the Season 2 plotline and think "hang on, criminals are being killed/disappearing again, somethings up".

Also, I find this shit with Quinn a little tedious, as it already happened back in S2 with Doakes, who was a far, far better character than Quinn.

Still, it was a good (if slightly obvious) ending to the show, and should have some interesting plot lines.
Some good points, I agree with most of them but...

I think the Dexter-Quinn storyline will take a different path to the Dexter-Doakes one.

Dexter somehow always ties up his loose ends by making everyone think that all these other suspects were killed by the main murderer in the plot - like he did in the previous season. But you make a good point regarding the whole open case thing.

Moultz

I am a big fan of Dexter it has to be said this new season has been great so far. Saying that I don't think I have never not enjoyed an episode of Dexter. I think it is the best show on tv by some distance! The trailer to next weeks episode looked rather mouth watering.

kps88

I am a big fan of Dexter it has to be said this new season has been great so far. Saying that I don't think I have never not enjoyed an episode of Dexter. I think it is the best show on tv by some distance! The trailer to next weeks episode looked rather mouth watering.
Oh yes!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Another quality episode. Good twist at the end though I partly saw it coming. Should be interesting.

Also yeah, next week looks :drool:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Finally!!!!!!

I have been waiting for Dexter to kill a innocent for more than a season now. They should have done this in S3 instead of wasting it over on Miguel fecking Prado

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
But crappy

He killed an innocent in S3, Oscar Prado. Well then again I vaguely remember they found out he was dealing drugs or something but still he'd never killed anyone