Television Dexter

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
This show is fecking awesome

Cina

He's ok. He's a fill in for Doakes really, who is slightly impossible to replace, because he was a brilliant character.

Biscuit1871

I honestly don't get every ones issue with Quinn. I mean yes he isn't the best character but that's mainly due to him not having a leading role and i don't think the actor is particularly bad either. If you want an example of poor acting tune into Flashforward and spectate the lead role in that.

Moultz

It still baffles me how Dexter seems to be overall not just a serial killer but an absolute machine when it comes to hand to hand combat. He has never been done over by anyone.

Doakes? and he had a bloody gun
Trinity has been man handled a few times
The Skinner was battered when Dexter had a broken hand
Dexters first kill involved Dexter beating up that nurse :lol:

The guy is a brute

Donut

I honestly don't get every ones issue with Quinn. I mean yes he isn't the best character but that's mainly due to him not having a leading role and i don't think the actor is particularly bad either. If you want an example of poor acting tune into Flashforward and spectate the lead role in that.
I agree. He's quite okay. People compare him to Doakes, which is a bit unfair, since noone can be better than that motherfecker.

What I really don't like is the Batisa - Laguerta storyline, unless it was a build-up for something drastic in these last two episodes.

cornelius

The bastard son of Eye Popper?
What I really don't like is the Batisa - Laguerta storyline, unless it was a build-up for something drastic in these last two episodes.
they keep flashing back to the part where capt. mathews says they'll both be fired if their relationship continues in secrecy. i wonder if that's what ultimately will happen.

Cina

they keep flashing back to the part where capt. mathews says they'll both be fired if their relationship continues in secrecy. i wonder if that's what ultimately will happen.
It's undoubtably what will happen like someone said earlier in the thread, it's a joke of a storyline designed purely to keep 2 recurring characters in central roles in the show. It's a bit of a shame because it puts a dent on an otherwise fantastic season

HsJ

bloody hell Sama, that looks incredible...

what a great episode...full of twists and turns. Great, great season

cornelius

The bastard son of Eye Popper?
It's undoubtably what will happen like someone said earlier in the thread, it's a joke of a storyline designed purely to keep 2 recurring characters in central roles in the show. It's a bit of a shame because it puts a dent on an otherwise fantastic season
surprised in the way they wrapped up this plot line in the last episode. glad that's over.

can't wait for next week!

Moultz

But it does look like....

Dexter gets found out???
First of all. Cracking fecking finale to that 11th episode. Holy shit that was crazy

Secondly. In regards to that comment. Thats what they want you to think? They also showed Dexter injecting Trinity? Going to be a special ending

kps88

I've decided not to watch the preview for next weeks episode.

This weeks ep was ruined by me watching the promo. I could tell from a mile away that Trinity would end with "Hello Dexter Morgan".

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've also decided not to watch the preview, as I felt watching the last one kind of ruined this latest one for me, despite it being another good episode. Cheers for putting the stuff in spoilers guys.

EricaNo7

this series is superb and i can't wait until next week.
i take it we're meant to think that dexter's caught? and obviously deb is going to find out about his mother - but it would seem they have more shocks than those, to come - i'm just trying to figure out what, not sure what direction they'll be going in, but something pretty outlandish. they have built up the dexter/quinn dislike up too much to let it fizzle out now

Ivor Ballokov

surprised in the way they wrapped up this plot line in the last episode. glad that's over.

can't wait for next week!
Don't know whether it is over though. The big boss was certainly pissed and it may progress with him trying to get rid of them in other ways.

As for others, if you want to talk about next weeks ep after watching the trailer maybe you could mention it beforehand it in your posts. Moultz has already told me more than I wanted to know.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It still baffles me how Dexter seems to be overall not just a serial killer but an absolute machine when it comes to hand to hand combat. He has never been done over by anyone.

Doakes? and he had a bloody gun
Trinity has been man handled a few times
The Skinner was battered when Dexter had a broken hand
Dexters first kill involved Dexter beating up that nurse :lol:

The guy is a brute
Oh I remember that one :lol:.What cracks me up even more was his look back then.

Once again I don't get the need to get a story involving Batista and Laguerta in a romance since it adds nothing to the show.I've been dissapointed because they haven't really used a great character that is Masuka like in previous seasons.The guy is mint and always funny but he's barely been on screen.
However I like the way they ended the last episode and I can't wait for it to end.I just hope it won't all drama like "Sons of Anarchy" was even if I know Dexter's season finale are more joyful

Cina

Another cracking episode, and like someone mentioned, stop discussing the promo in the spoilers for the current episode, make a new spoiler, not all of us want to watch it.

I found the whole Christine thing to be rather sad really, I know she killed Lundy and all, but Courtney Ford played the character brilliantly, and I was almost distraught when she shot herself at the end, it felt so unjust.

I could see the ending coming, but the way they did it was still fantastic, all hell can presumably break loose now, with both Dexter and Arthur knowing each others true identities, it could be mental. Can't wait.

kietotheworld

Another superb episode, ending was fairly predictable, but the rest of it was fecking intense.

By the way, why are people putting things that have already been broadcast in spoiler tags? Surely it'd be better to only put things for future episodes in spoiler tags, or at least say before the Spoiler, what episodes the spoiler concerns?

twitter thread suggester
Another superb episode, ending was fairly predictable, but the rest of it was fecking intense.

By the way, why are people putting things that have already been broadcast in spoiler tags? Surely it'd be better to only put things for future episodes in spoiler tags, or at least say before the Spoiler, what episodes the spoiler concerns?
Because some people apparently like reading about the show in general even though they haven't watched the latest episode.

It's a shame, I'd much prefer if we could just discuss the recently-US-aired episodes like we discuss everything else on here and then only use spoilers for stuff like promos, rumours etc.

But I guess this way pleases all, even if it's a tad silly.

kietotheworld

Because some people apparently like reading about the show in general even though they haven't watched the latest episode.

It's a shame, I'd much prefer if we could just discuss the recently-US-aired episodes like we discuss everything else on here and then only use spoilers for stuff like promos, rumours etc.

But I guess this way pleases all, even if it's a tad silly.
It doesn't though, because people* want to read opinions on episodes which have been aired, without reading spoilers for the new episodes from previews and rumours and such, but hardly anyone bothers to differentiate with their spoiler tags. I can't believe there are many who just like reading about the show in general, when most posts are things like 'WOW!', 'Incredible', 'Boring episode this week' and a load of posts contained almost completely in spoiler tags.

*me

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He's ok. He's a fill in for Doakes really, who is slightly impossible to replace, because he was a brilliant character.
They're totally different characters. Doakes was the supercop. totally incorruptible, ex-special forces. Quinn is your typical Irish American, dad was probably a cop, takes a little graft when he can because cops don't make enough supporting character.

Doakes never would have fallen for a piece of ass reporter looking for stories, Quinn did because he's a different guy, with obvious frailties. I like him.

EricaNo7

They're totally different characters. Doakes was the supercop. totally incorruptible, ex-special forces. Quinn is your typical Irish American, dad was probably a cop, takes a little graft when he can because cops don't make enough supporting character.

Doakes never would have fallen for a piece of ass reporter looking for stories, Quinn did because he's a different guy, with obvious frailties. I like him.
i like him too - in fact i wondered if he and deb might get together

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I still think that Dexter is going to decide to give Trinity up in the end and not kill him. Something to do with the boys that begin the cycle, imo.

Cina

I still think that Dexter is going to decide to give Trinity up in the end and not kill him. Something to do with the boys that begin the cycle, imo.
If he does that then he's fecked too though.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
He wouldn't leave his family at risk like that though.

Ivor Ballokov

Trinity doesn't know Dexter's a serial killer though.
How would Dexter explain knowing him though? The only outcomes I can see are Dex kills Trinity, Trinity gets away, Trinity and Dex come to an agreement, maybe Dex will threaten to trinity kill Arthur's family.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How would Dexter explain knowing him though? The only outcomes I can see are Dex kills Trinity, Trinity gets away, Trinity and Dex come to an agreement, maybe Dex will threaten to trinity kill Arthur's family.
He could just say he found him through the investigation at Miami Metro.

Ivor Ballokov

He could just say he found him through the investigation at Miami Metro.
Do you mean Arthur found Dexter or Dexter found Arthur? If it's Dexter finding Arthur then he would be in trouble for witholding evidence in a case, if it's Arthur finding Dex then the fact that Dexter was going under a pseudonym and was lying to everyone would be highly suspicious.

kietotheworld

Do you mean Arthur found Dexter or Dexter found Arthur? If it's Dexter finding Arthur then he would be in trouble for witholding evidence in a case, if it's Arthur finding Dex then the fact that Dexter was going under a pseudonym and was lying to everyone would be highly suspicious.
Couldn't Dexter just say he's got absolutely no idea who Arthur Mitchell is? Make out he's a crackpot or something?