g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Di Marzio: Barca make bid for Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

I hate the fat feck Raiola, he so dislikeable is unreal. Which to be fair means he is good at maximizing his pocket.

cyberman

So many people think this but he’s an agent for some of the best players in the world. If he was so suggestible why would players hire him?

I just think players know he’s get them what they want by any means.
He let Pogba sign a 5 plus 1 year contract and has touted him around Europe since his second season here.
That's not the work of a top agent, that's a major feck up.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why couldn't he want to experience a new league? It's not as though its Busquets or Messi who only know Barca.
He has it all perfect in Barcelona. He's Spanish. Most of his teammates are his national teammates and he has a superb connection with Messi on the field.

And he just had his best season at Barca. He's not leaving that to join us. Some players don't care about new experiences in different leagues.

Eddy_JukeZ

He let Pogba sign a 5 plus 1 year contract and has touted him around Europe since his second season here.
That's not the work of a top agent, that's a major feck up.
Actually it's pretty smart.

Higher transfer fee(because of the contract length) probably leads to higher agent bonus.

Raiola isn't a fool.

walsh

I get what you are saying but that's not Pogba's value, he isn't that good, you wouldn't purchase him for that price, you probably wouldn't do it for 110m. As for Neymar we need to remember that it's not a negotiated fee, Mbappé would be a better example but PSG are crazy.
Hopefully you're right and nobody will try to purchase him for that price as we'd never accept such a sum anyway.

Jamie Shawcross

Embarrassing offer from Barcelona. They must be fully aware that such a laughable offer would be turned down. It seems it is their first move to unsettle Pogba. If he doesn't come out tomorrow and declare he is happy where is, almost immediately then I am afraid it looks like we could see the back of him. I do think it is the most ridiculous offer I have ever seen in football to date. I can't see the offer even being put forward without Raiola green light.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
That offer is fecking ridiculous. Weirdly, I hope (and expect) United to stand tall on this one & tell the Spanish club where to go. Anything south of £180m would be bizarre.

Ondrej

That’s fecking insulting as shit. No way Pogba leaves and sure as hell not for the offer mentioned.

Do what PSG did, no clue who has a realistic release clause out of the players we would want though.

Also if this is Raiola fecking with Pogba’s head and our club, don’t ever sign a client of his again, I’m so done with his bullshit.

Litch

Barca bid or were they asked if Pogba was available would they want him? Just the media stretching the truth. Do the maths, his contract alone is worth around around 40m+ and his current value given he's worth more now than we bought him must be 140m. It would take 180m to buy him plus Utd would lose millions in commercial and marketing deals. Let's also not forget adidas being Utd and Pogba's sponsor. Can you imagine what they would think about it, Pogba is over absolutely everything....

fallengt

Overpriced too and I shouldn't even have to tell you.
Do you expect other clubs would go easy on us and sell their players with " fair" price in today market if we were to replace Pogba? They'd absolutely skin us alive.

Pogba is still young, 2+1 years left in his contract, world champion and very marketable. He'd be easily worth 150-200m.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hopefully you're right and nobody will try to purchase him for that price as we'd never accept such a sum anyway.
I didn't say nobody will, some clubs are willing to do stupid things. Barcelona did spend a fair whack on André Gomes with absolutely no good reason after all.

Son Of Sam

Why do you think Pogba gives two shits about what the media says about his feelings, hair etc?

Almost selling a player to another club hardly shows that we are weak and vulnerable. That player didn't leave and has made no obvious attempt to do so since. We also were only going to sell him with what the club regarded as a suitable replacement (Navas).
In your own estimation, Navas is a suitable replacement for De Gea? You need to go and lie down....

Almost selling our best player to Real Madrid shows we are weak & vulnerable. It shows the club’s policy is about making money - they are not interested in investing in the squad.

The player didn’t leave because of a fax machine, not because he refused the offer and not because the club refused the offer. How can you not see this?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Do you expect other clubs would go easy on us and sell their players with " fair" price in today market if we were to replace him?

Pogba is still young, 2+1 years left in his contract, world champion and very marketable. He'd be easily worth 150-200m.

110m get you overrated player like SMS if we were to buy
That's a different point that I didn't make, you do not have to sell at fair price and I didn't suggest that United should sell either.

trafford1980

IF Pogba wants to leave and Mourinho isn’t going anywhere then I would milk Barca for all we can this window.

Rakitic and cash, somewhere North of 100 mill.

renatosanches85

The offer reported on skysports is a joke, £45m and two donkeys. It means they value him at less than Coutinho.

£200m and he can take his dabbing and feck off. He’s been shit for two years, then turns up for France in the WC. Mercenary.

cyberman

Actually it's pretty smart.

Higher transfer fee(because of the contract length) probably leads to higher agent bonus.

Raiola isn't a fool.
Pogba would go for the same if he were sitting on a 3 year contract, hell even 2 in an open market.
He's given Utd a lot of power, what's he going to do? Throw chairs? Send Paul on strike when he has 4 years left? Jose will laugh him out of the office.
Paul doesn't even have leverage for a new contract, the contract length is an enormous feck up.
Hence why he has spent 2018 touting him around Europe and Paul will still be at Utd with little fuss.
Martial has 2 years left and we're fobbing him off ffs.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Depends on their end-game. Also depends on what they're willing to part with - people are mentioning their top players, but that's a dangerous game for them to play as that could cause disruption in their own camp, which is obviously not their objective.
Absolutely, you can tell by the players included in that bid (if it's true). They are practically their reserve squad.

If, ultimately, it's money this comes down to, then unsettling the player and actually have him perform below his level before making their true bids is incredibly smart.
It's also extremely risky because, in the end, if the deal hypothetically speaking happens, it would still be for big money looking at the market. Extremely risky in a way, that they will be ready to pay big money for a player who at the peak of his powers played a season below his standard to get a move. I honestly think that is not going to happen. Pogba is smarter than that and playing below his level should never be an option. Scream, make noises, ask to leave, but at the end of the day you know you have to perform if you stay because the only contract you have is with United and there are more buyers than only Barcelona out there

I think it's pretty clear that their working on a player before club strategy here, as in, they'll get in his head and do what they do, before entering proper negotiations with us. It's their tried and tested and I wouldn't bet against it working here, too.
Very likely. But, I still think if they are serious they should have played their cards both different and sooner trying to get him this window which will hardly happen now.
Because in a year time, an awful lot of things can look quite different, in both clubs.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Pogba would go for the same if he were sitting on a 3 year contract, hell even 2 in an open market.
He's given Utd a lot of power, what's he going to do? Throw chairs? Send Paul on strike when he has 4 years left? Jose will laugh him out of the office.
Paul doesn't even have leverage for a new contract, the contract length is an enormous feck up.
Hence why he has spent 2018 touting him around Europe and Paul will still be at Utd with little fuss.
Martial has 2 years left and we're fobbing him off ffs.
I think 2 years might lower some value, but obviously 3 and above is fine.

I don't think Raiola is going to throw chairs(for now at least), but if the club did decide to sell Pogba, the contract length being high gives him(Raiola) a higher check at the end of the transaction. He did the same at Juventus. Extended an extra 3 years after 2014(initially ended at 2016, extended to 2019).

Yes we have the power, but if he does throw a huge fuss, perhaps the club(not saying I would) gets tired of it and cashes in.

L1nk

The offer reported on skysports is a joke, £45m and two donkeys. It means they value him at less than Coutinho.

£200m and he can take his dabbing and feck off. He’s been shit for two years, then turns up for France in the WC. Mercenary.
There's one defining factor that's different in both these scenarios, and it isn't Pogba not bothering for 2 years with United.

Suedesi

I agree with this btw:

Pogba rumours are more motivated by Mino Raiola than Barcelona's interest in the player, which exists but his signing is an operation that would take weeks to come to happen, due to his long term contract with Manchester United and his astronomical salary.

TheReligion

Abusive
Zero quotes
Weak bid
No substance
Nothing to see here.

Pogba looked pretty happy to be back in Manchester today on social media.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How long is his contract? 2 or 3 years more?
But nevertheless, we can't sell him no matter what. It would be huge defeat for our reputation. If there is any truth in this. Maybe raiola just wants new contract

R'hllor

And people had a go at PSG last year, hope tables will turn in the future and clubs will stand on necks of those 2 from Spain until La Liga president doest have a press conference every day to cry.

Cliche Guevara

In your own estimation, Navas is a suitable replacement for De Gea? You need to go and lie down....

Almost selling our best player to Real Madrid shows we are weak & vulnerable. It shows the club’s policy is about making money - they are not interested in investing in the squad.

The player didn’t leave because of a fax machine, not because he refused the offer and not because the club refused the offer. How can you not see this?
What is this mess?

You do know the fax machine stuff is all bollocks, don’t you? And Real have failed to buy De Gea for at least three seasons now. We’ve also subsequently broken the transfer fee record on Pogba and bought Lukaku for £75m rising to £90m.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If Barcelona offered us Umtiti, Alba, Semedo or even if Dembelé was to be involved too maybe, then yeah sure as we might be able to benefit from that.

walsh

I intentionally stated that the club clearly regarded it as a reasonable deal, not that I did.

If the club's policy is about making money, why have we forked out so much with so little in transfer income?

A Spanish player fancying a move to Real Madrid hardly shows we have no pull or ability to retain top players. Like I said, he's still here, seems happy and has signed at least one, if not two contracts since then.

I never said the player or club refused, but that one instance does not suddenly make us paupers with no power over our assets, we're still a worldwide juggernaut of a club with huge amounts of money and appeal.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That offer is fecking ridiculous. Weirdly, I hope (and expect) United to stand tall on this one & tell the Spanish club where to go. Anything south of £180m would be bizarre.
We have to or they'll keep doing it, they can feck off. I'd rather never do business with Barca or Real again than bend over for them this summer. I was almost glad when you managed to keep Coutinho last summer.

izec

The rumours will come back every transfer window, only chance we start winning and be an elite club again. I remember that weird day before the derby where Guardiola said he was offered to them by Raiola or whatever it was. Then we had Juve and now Barca for weeks. Next summer Real and PSG probably. He is as compatible with Jose as Van Gaal was with Di Maria

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If Raiola wants to force a move, I’m afraid he will force a move. We kind of knew what we were in for when we signed him with Raiola as his agent, it was never going to be a long term arrangement because Raiola always wants to move his clients as often as he can.

That said I fully expect him to stay one more year here, maybe two. We won’t let him go now when we cannot sign a replacement, only to be left with Matic, Fred, Fellaini, Herrera and McTominay as our midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.