Di Marzio: Barca make bid for Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetoTTT

IF true, there is only one response. Respond just like PSG. Take one of their best players off ‘em and leave ‘em with a bloody nose.
I would adore this but the problem is the best players don't push to come at OT these days unfortunately.

ash_86

If it was earlier in the window, i'd taken £150-175m for Pogba. We could have bough Savic, a RW and LB with that money and could've strengthened overall.

DSG

I’d take dembele and 50m for Pogba in a heartbeat. Tired of watching him decide when he really wants to play.

walsh

If it was earlier in the window, i'd taken £150-175m for Pogba. We could have bough Savic, a RW and LB with that money and could've strengthened overall.
While I understand what you're saying, it doesn't seem to be the funds that are the issue in us purchasing players, moreso the strategy and negotiation. Admittedly, if we had a large sale the club would have more willingness and obligation to spend, but still, we could have been going out there and strengthing our squad regardless.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Pay us 200-250 and assuming we can get SMS, he can go. It won't happen and I want Pogba to stay but this is getting tiring already and he's not even in his last two years.

I guess this is the consequence of breaking the club's wage structure.

meninred

This could all be an agent conspiracy.If it isnt ,then how can barca ever think we sell pogba for that amount of money and two reserve players who are not needed at the club

Luke1995

Suarez is probably the last player I would want to see in a United shirt. How any United supporter could even entertain the idea of that is beyond me.
Well, i'm talking purely from a footballing point of view, if that offer from Barça is true it is a complete joke and it just made me mad. When I mentioned Suarez I didn't think about other things

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
If he ends up going after the 9th this premier league transfer window early closure thing needs to be reassessed. It should be a European wide closing date for it to work.

RedDevil@84

Several problems with this:

1. Pogba obviously requested the move not his agent.
2. Barcelona obviously do not respect us as a club with that offer. It's insulting.
3. There was obviously truth behind Pogba to City via Pep's comments in January, again very disrespectful from Pogba this time.
4. Proves no world class stars want to come to this graveyard of a club unless we pay them feck loads of money they are greedy enough to take it (Sanchez).
5. If we some how manage to sell Pogba for what he's worth we will get taking to the cleaners for a replacement once every club sees the money we got. Imagine spending £100m on someone overrated like SMS.

We're fecked as a club, seriously. It's just depressing being an United fan these days. All the money in the world and we're still going backwards.
Maybe we should just sell the club or shut it down

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is he even back in Manchester? I’ve seen nothing on his or United’s instagram all day.

Mainoldo

I’d take dembele and 50m for Pogba in a heartbeat. Tired of watching him decide when he really wants to play.
Have you ever seen Dembele play? Lool. You’d be having the same complaints but with a big Afro man to watch in midfield instead.

Crimson King

Pay us 200-250 and assuming we can get SMS, he can go. It won't happen and I want Pogba to stay but this is getting tiring already and he's not even in his last two years.

I guess this is the consequence of breaking the club's wage structure.
If we suddenly had an extra £250 mil in our pocket you can bet that's what Lazio would want for Savic.

Look what Barca themselves paid for Dembele after losing Neymar.

Andy_Cole

Let’s go PSG on their arse and get one of their superstars for a minimum release clause. Doesn’t matter the money. This is principle.

BlueHaze

This could all be an agent conspiracy.If it isnt ,then how can barca ever think we sell pogba for that amount of money and two reserve players who are not needed at the club
Do not underestimate the complete pricks that Barca are. People seem to think they are angels and a club run by saints but they are the literal term of trash. When they wanted Coutinho their initial bids was an embarrassment and it took them a month to finally offer Liverpool something worthy. They tapped up Veratti, made him unsettled and it completely backfired enraging Nasser El Khelaifi causing him to trigger Neymars release clause. They went and hijacked Malcolms deal to Roma as he was on his way to rome, and now accompanied with Mino Twatiola they are trying to unsettle Pogba with 3 days remaining untill the fecking season starts and they have supposedly offered us Wimbledon FC calibre players. Need I say more? They are the equivalent of filth in an already greedy and filthy business.

jmaggio

If the guy really does want to leave , I would appreciate it if he came out and said it in social media ect to save us all this bull crap.

Then our club would be able to work on a deal with Barca which would suit both parties. If we estimate his worth to be 120-50 million , then I think we could resonably ask for two players in exchange. Take , for instance, umtiti and rakitic, each could be considered to be worth 60-70m each, we could have a workable deal.

Obviously I’d much rather the guy stays as I love him as a player and really think he could be a united hero one day. Just trying to find a positive outcome to a potentially disastrous situation.

ash_86

While I understand what you're saying, it doesn't seem to be the funds that are the issue in us purchasing players, moreso the strategy and negotiation. Admittedly, if we had a large sale the club would have more willingness and obligation to spend, but still, we could have been going out there and strengthing our squad regardless.
Agreed. Our negotiations has been piss poor this season.

Son Of Sam

I intentionally stated that the club clearly regarded it as a reasonable deal, not that I did.

If the club's policy is about making money, why have we forked out so much with so little in transfer income?
Compare how much we invest in the squad to the club’s turnover then you can begin to see how parasitic this board has been. Transfer income is not where the pie is - that is for bottom fodder clubs like Stoke & Burnley.

United make the most money from match tickets, United got the most money last season from TV deals even though Man City were the champions. Yet, how much has Woodward spent on the squad? Next to nothing....

A Spanish player fancying a move to Real Madrid hardly shows we have no pull or ability to retain top players. Like I said, he's still here, seems happy and has signed at least one, if not two contracts since then.

I never said the player or club refused, but that one instance does not suddenly make us paupers with no power over our assets, we're still a worldwide juggernaut of a club with huge amounts of money and appeal.
De Gea wasn’t begging for the deal. He was indifferent. Real Madrid made the offer and Man Utd accepted the offer. De Gea never for once said or showed his head was no longer at Man Utd.

The crux of the matter was that we accepted to sell our best player for whatever peanuts Madrid brought to the table. That itself was an indication that Woodward/The Glazers are more interested in Man Utd’s position in the financial league than our position in the Premier League. As long as we make top 4 or qualify via Europa cup, these guys are satisfied.

Son Of Sam

What is this mess?

You do know the fax machine stuff is all bollocks, don’t you? And Real have failed to buy De Gea for at least three seasons now. We’ve also subsequently broken the transfer fee record on Pogba and bought Lukaku for £75m rising to £90m.
It’s not bollocks, United accepted their offer. Man Utd & Real Madrid issued a statement shortly after the confusion caused by fax machine and failing to register De Gea in time. It was well-documented.

Real Madrid haven’t failed to buy him for at least 3 seasons, they haven’t even tried since the bad blood that ensued in De Gea’s transfer. Breaking the transfer record when you turnover £600m every season is hardly a feat. City have outspent United in spite of the fact that they don’t even make as much money as United. That’s what should concern you.

You are breaking transfer records when the starting back of 5 of Man Utd are the defenders SAF bought 6 years ago. We must really be spending serious money to still have retired wingers as our starting full backs for the 4th season in a row. United are the biggest club in Europe with the most mediocre players in their roster.....:but never mind, we are breaking transfer records.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Unless we sign a replacement in the next couple of days then he isn't leaving. Ridiculous offer though.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Let’s go PSG on their arse and get one of their superstars for a minimum release clause. Doesn’t matter the money. This is principle.
First of all, all those clauses are probably north of 300 million, especially all the contracts renewed after the Neymar fiasco.

Second, I don't think any of those players would even entertain the move, so release clauses are a moot point. Maybe Dembele at a stretch, but i just don't see anyone else.

PSG smartly targeted Neymar who was probably the only player there that actually wanted the move, had they activated Messi's clause he'd most likely have rejected them within the hour and that would be it.

SammyUnited_83

Compare how much we invest in the squad to the club’s turnover then you can begin to see how parasitic this board has been. Transfer income is not where the pie is - that is for bottom fodder clubs like Stoke & Burnley.

United make the most money from match tickets, United got the most money last season from TV deals even though Man City were the champions. Yet, how much has Woodward spent on the squad? Next to nothing....

De Gea wasn’t begging for the deal. He was indifferent. Real Madrid made the offer and Man Utd accepted the offer. De Gea never for once said or showed his head was no longer at Man Utd.

The crux of the matter was that we accepted to sell our best player for whatever peanuts Madrid brought to the table. That itself was an indication that Woodward/The Glazers are more interested in Man Utd’s position in the financial league than our position in the Premier League. As long as we make top 4 or qualify via Europa cup, these guys are satisfied.
You make a very valid point.

We accepted a deal to sell our best player on deadline day - let's not forget that.

JuveNYC

Supports
Juventus
Not relative to the years left on his contract, age, importance to us with time left to replace him and marketability. Ronaldo's 33 and well past his prime, the situations are completely different.
Not sure about "well past his prime".
Ronaldo is not a regular athlete. His prime might last a long time.
He looked quite like in his prime just a few months ago.

Toad

Yeah I am purely going on hypotheticals, guessing which players we would want who would also be ok with coming here.
Would prefer us sign Alderweireld and take Rakitic and Dembele off them ;)

beingshe7don

If the stuff in the media is anything to go by, I think there a great deal of disrespect towards the club from the end of Barcelona, Pogba as well as Raiola. I didn't expect much from Raiola but Pogba is doing this again. I understand Mourinho isn't the best person to work with but to have his agent tout him all over Europe to the likes of Man City (a direct rival) as well as Barcelona is very disrespectful. We are the BIGGEST club in the world. We may have not won major trophies in the last 6 years but we are still the BIGGEST club in the world and clearly people forget that. For Barcelona to go after our priced possession like they went after Coutinho from Liverpool is clearly disrespectful.

Ed needs to put Pogba, his agent as well as Barcelona in their place.

Honestly, Pogba comes across as very fake.

Not happy at all about this.

Let's go buy Ndombele and Kovacic for 100m combined and sell Pogba for 200m

cyberman

Any indication of when this bid was made seeing how Mina is off to Everton?
This honestly sounds like a source was taking the piss and it was read in the wrong way.
So we offered Darmian, Rojo and first option on Fellani for KDB.. that was knocked back..

hobbers

The only way Pogba goes to Spain within the next couple of years is if Madrid offer >£120m + Kovacic, and if they did I'd be very tempted to take the deal.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Not often bids are placed these days unless the player is interested. Barca came for Coutinho at a similar time last year. Once the head's turned things can get messy.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So far we invested in him around 150mil. He is in his prime and he is football brand so we would want to also earn some money, right? So his objective price is over 200mil euros. Minimum. If this barca offer is real then my response would be darmian, rojo and 20 mil for dembele. fecking barca think that they can bully every club like they did to roma, inter, liverpool...
We must fight back here

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
How long is his contract? 2 or 3 years more?
But nevertheless, we can't sell him no matter what. It would be huge defeat for our reputation. If there is any truth in this. Maybe raiola just wants new contract
3 years + we can trigger another year.

MadMike

The only way Pogba goes to Spain within the next couple of years is if Madrid offer >£120m + Kovacic, and if they did I'd be very tempted to take the deal.
Why? How much have you seen Kovacic to think he'd make a good replacement for us?

The guy hasn't progressed in the last 3 years and there's no plan for him to become a starting XI player for Real Madrid. He couldn't get in the Croatia team ahead of Brozovic who's a decent/good CM but nothing special. *IF* pogba was to be sold next year, I'd take just money from Real and nothing more. I doubt they have it though.

theriddler

Supports
Liverpool FC
What are they wanting a 50 million Pound discount for being 'more than a club?'

Hope they get embroiled in a dirty financial scandal and get relegated. They've acted deplorably with every club in the transfer market.

Their level of arrogance knows no bounds. Same strategy every time. Derisory bid ---> Get the famous players and ex players to praise the target ----> Get the target's agent to create drama in the press ----> second semi-derisory bid ---> Claim player has Barca DNA ----> Sign said player.

I rate Pogba, and as a Liverpool fan it would be brilliant to see him leave this late in the window, as its going to impossible to replace his quality this late in the window. However, I hate Barcelona's antics so much that I hope United keep him and buy out Busquets just to piss on their more than club garbage.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Rakitic and Dembele would positively eclipse the loss of Pogba. Money is useless at this point - adding an elite European midfielder and potentially World Class winter is the deal Woodward should be pushing for.

Rambo..........

jmaggio

So far we invested in him around 150mil. He is in his prime and he is football brand so we would want to also earn some money, right? So his objective price is over 200mil euros. Minimum. If this barca offer is real then my response would be darmian, rojo and 20 mil for dembele. fecking barca think that they can bully every club like they did to roma, inter, liverpool...
We must fight back here
Exactly. This is why I wouldn’t think it would be a bad thing for pogba himself, if he truly does want to leave, to come out publically and state it, so we know it isn’t the snake mino running wild. I think 200 is a fair assessment, which means we could fairly work at a deal with a cash sum and several players. Well that’s what I would do if I was negotiating, then again I admittedly know absolutely nothing about business or negotiation :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.