Did anyone today notice......

WeasteDevil

Thanks for that

I really do rate Torres and wish we could have him at Arsenal but we just couldn't afford him
Torres is a player that would really fit in well with the Arsenal way of playing, but to put him down as certain people are doing is baffling to me. He's started 24 games this season for that scouse shower of shite and scored 17 goals.

I'd have Tevez over Higuain ATM because he brings so much more to the party. I suppose that with a player like Rooney though, it's not a natural fit. Torres would be, but we hardly play 4-4-2 any more so I suppose that it's a bit moot. I don't think that Torres would be happy sitting on the bench - Berbatov doesn't seem to mind.

If we had signed Torres, and he was playing with Rooney and Ronaldo at the time, you could have seen some serious nonsenses going on.

Gillespie

Pitying all you northerners doomed to a life of cu
Torres is a player that would really fit in well with the Arsenal way of playing, but to put him down as certain people are doing is baffling to me. He's started 24 games this season for that scouse shower of shite and scored 17 goals.

I'd have Tevez over Higuain ATM because he brings so much more to the party. I suppose that with a player like Rooney though, it's not a natural fit. Torres would be, but we hardly play 4-4-2 any more so I suppose that it's a bit moot. I don't think that Torres would be happy sitting on the bench - Berbatov doesn't seem to mind.

If we had signed Torres, and he was playing with Rooney and Ronaldo at the time, you could have seen some serious nonsenses going on.
I got a lot of stick here some months back for suggesting you were weaker not just because of Ronaldo leaving but also because Tevez left

I rate Tevez and I thought he worked well with Rooney

I am still not as convinced about Rooney and Berbatov....just not as fluid

However....let's see how your match at Eastlands goes

Gillespie

As for Torres at Arsenal...I agree...but we do not have the financial resources of yourselves, City or Chelsea

So we could never afford him

WireRed

As for Torres at Arsenal...I agree...but we do not have the financial resources of yourselves, City or Chelsea

So we could never afford him
:nono: We are up shit creek while you boast of healthy, profit filled club accounts.

I say that because you Goons claim we sold Ronaldo to pay off the debt but then in the next breath complain that you can't compete with us financially :houllier:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I did yea, and I disagree.

But I'm too high to care enough to argue, so I bid you goodnight :)

Bearded but no genius

Torres increasingly seems to have a serious attitude problem - he's every bit the time-bomb that the media wants to pretend Rooney is.

If you get under his skin, his performances go to crap.

I wonder if this worries the scousers deep down, as does his tendency to get injured for long stretches of the season?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Don't get me wrong, I think that he's still only 22 so plenty of time on his side, and has a lot of talent, and he's not a small lad either. He's quick, can dribble, but his positional sense if awful, and for a lad of his size, he doesn't display that in terms of strength nor stamina and willingness to work. So, he's no animal like Drogba, doesn't have the stamina of a Rooney, and he's no clever little git like Torres, and he can't finish like Villa can. So, in a list of centre forwards that you would want in your squad, he wouldn't really be at the top of your list.
50 goals in 69 starts for Madrid in three years says he's not half-bad at it though...

Take away his strong running and you lose a big part of what's made him so effective.

I think it's more poor form than him on the decline but his physicality is a part of his game no matter what way you look at it.
Be interesting to see if he can reinvent himself as more of a holding midfielder, as the defensive responsibility has never been his greatest strength

WeasteDevil

50 goals in 69 starts for Madrid in three years says he's not half-bad at it though...
I don't know how many starts he has made, but I can pluck up 57 goals in 129 games. I never said that the kid was bad, but you have to look at it in context. I've seen him play a lot, as I saw Torres play a lot, and I wanted us to sign Torres, but I wouldn't go out on a limb to sign Higuain. If he's that good why the hell did they pay so much for Benzema, someone that was flavour of the month on here for over a year, jizz all over the place at the prospect of us signing him, he set the world alight didn't he?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I think most people noticed before today.

He's always relied on his physical attributes and now he's showing his age, he's no longer that good.
Gerrard has been a world class player, as well as his physical abilities he is a technically gifted player.
He looks awful right now, that could be any number of reasons but remember this, "form is temporary, class is permanent"
Even though he plays for the enemy and he is completely off form right now dont write him off. He is still that good.

Gillespie

:nono: We are up shit creek while you boast of healthy, profit filled club accounts.

I say that because you Goons claim we sold Ronaldo to pay off the debt but then in the next breath complain that you can't compete with us financially :houllier:
You are a club that traditionally goes out and buys big (Rooney,Rio, Berbatov etc), though it's fair to say you haven't reinvested the cash you got for Ronaldo suggesting debt repayment is becoming a greater priority.Given where your debt is now, it's probably the case you couldn't afford him either....unless you start increasing debt again?

Arsenal have always stuck to arguably a more sensible financial approach using debt only for reinvestment eg the new stadium and we have always adopted a prudent approach to finances preferring to lose players rather than give in to their financial demands.We just do not go out and splash £30m on a player.

We get by from a policy of shrewd purchases and developing youth.Once we get our stadium debt down to a much smaller level, then arguably our resources will increase.For the moment however, we cannot compete with City or Chelsea and probably still also you lot as your Board dont appear quite so bothered by the debt burden you have.

Plan M

You are a club that traditionally goes out and buys big (Rooney,Rio, Berbatov etc), though it's fair to say you haven't reinvested the cash you got for Ronaldo suggesting debt repayment is becoming a greater priority.Given where your debt is now, it's probably the case you couldn't afford him either....unless you start increasing debt again?

Arsenal have always stuck to arguably a more sensible financial approach using debt only for reinvestment eg the new stadium and we have always adopted a prudent approach to finances preferring to lose players rather than give in to their financial demands.We just do not go out and splash £30m on a player.

We get by from a policy of shrewd purchases and developing youth.Once we get our stadium debt down to a much smaller level, then arguably our resources will increase.For the moment however, we cannot compete with City or Chelsea and probably still also you lot as your Board dont appear quite so bothered by the debt burden you have.
What the feck has this got to do with Steven Gerrard and his current (lack of) form?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Gerrard has been a world class player, as well as his physical abilities he is a technically gifted player.
He looks awful right now, that could be any number of reasons but remember this, "form is temporary, class is permanent"
Even though he plays for the enemy and he is completely off form right now dont write him off. He is still that good.
There comes a time in every players' career that they do not recover due to physical decline.

I was proven correct with Henry after the 2006 world cup, and I believe this season Gerrard is starting to go downhill. It's not going to happen overnight, but I seriously doubt he'd ever be the same player he was back in 2005.

Plan M

Gerrard's game has always relied on pace and power. He won't grow old and be able to play a similiar game to someone like Paul Scholes or Pirlo, will he?