Diego GodON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just the papers making up BS.

Zouma yesterday, Godin today... I am sure there will be more before the end.

Don't believe everything they say, it's just to fill the papers and get betting money.

I don't believe everything. But some of it, is reliable.

If we sign nobody and are out of the title race by Christmas, Woodward needs to go. And the Glazers too

Panic buy.... Mata, Veron, Fellani.... it goes on and on...

What a player though. But you cant just keep saying '..sign for United because we will double, triple your money...' that's no way to build a squad, you just create a culture of individuals.

Mourinho is going slightly mad. I honestly think this. And this reflecting poorly on Ed Woodward . This is his fourth Manager under his stewardship. Does he appoint managers and just say ' tell me who you want and I will write the cheque...'.

We are spending money like no tomorrow, yet we always seem a fragile squad.

How on Earth was Veron a panic buy?! Do you not remember that summer?

Definite shambles. It seems we can't/won't match Leicesters valuation for Maguire, Jose actually wants Boateng but Woodward will only agree a loan deal so Bayern said no, and now we've managed to help Godin get a new contract at Atletico Madrid.

And in my opinion a CB is not a priority for us anyway!

What’s with the title? Am I missing something? Didn’t he reject the offer (if it’s real)?

Also, why are you doing this to yourself?

Panic buy.... Mata, Veron, Fellani.... it goes on and on...

What a player though. But you cant just keep saying '..sign for United because we will double, triple your money...' that's no way to build a squad, you just create a culture of individuals.

Mourinho is going slightly mad. I honestly think this. And this reflecting poorly on Ed Woodward . This is his fourth Manager under his stewardship. Does he appoint managers and just say ' tell me who you want and I will write the cheque...'.

We are spending money like no tomorrow, yet we always seem a fragile squad.
Mata, a panic buy ?:lol:

Just screams panic
Or ignorance of how the media works. This isn't something we've decided to do in the last few hours.

Teams enquire about several players at once. They don't just go through them a player at a time.

This is extremely unlikely to happen, but when a player has a low release clause, I would fully expect him to play hard-to-get, even if interested. It’s he who holds all the cards and has most to gain from negotiations, as he would be free to move should he so wish. There’s no way he’d be leaving for £150k a week though.

This is extremely unlikely to happen, but when a player has a low release clause, I would fully expect him to play hard-to-get, even if interested. It’s he who holds all the cards and has most to gain from negotiations, as he would be free to move should he so wish. There’s no way he’d be leaving for £150k a week though.
He’s an iconic figure at Athletico,he absolutely loves the club and the manager....Unless the club want him to leave,he won’t even consider leaving the club...

Will there be a "Fellaini" type appeasement signing today? You know, just so Ed can say "I delivered!!"

He’s an iconic figure at Athletico,he absolutely loves the club and the manager....Unless the club want him to leave,he won’t even consider leaving the club...
Yeah, I agree. You are likely going to need more than a few days to convince him to give all that up. It’s not like we even offered a monster wage packet.

If we sign nobody and are out of the title race by Christmas, Woodward needs to go. And the Glazers too

Ridiculous. They've invested enough for us to challenge for the title. And you've no idea what's gone on behind the scenes that might impact Woodward's ability to do his job.

I would be more focused on whether the manager can make our players better and play in a style that will challenge the opposition rather than making us predictable.

Isn’t he like mr Athletico? Can’t really see him moving. Hope he doesn’t either, as he would improve your defense massively.

He refused. Would have been a great signing but he looks like one of those "loyal" lads.

Yeah, I agree. You are likely going to need more than a few days to convince him to give all that up. It’s not like we even offered a monster wage packet.
This seems to be a PR exercise....Woodward trying to show that he means business...This transfer window is eerily similar to the summer of 2013....

This seems to be a PR exercise....Woodward trying to show that he means business...This transfer window is eerily similar to the summer of 2013....
I would have thought he had learnt from past embarrassments. It just smacks of desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.