Diogo Costa Porto keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbob

Ten Hag seems happy enough with De Gea. Most likely we’ll renew on a more realistic lower salary.
And he has actually been fine with his feet at this point after the first 2 games. Only thing is coming for crosses really, and look at Costa in that regard!!

mav_9me

Disappointing world cup for him.

Ruben Diaz was always going to be beaten for that header but had he stayed on his line he could have just pushed it over.

Phil

He’s been so bad throughout this tournament. I thought he might improve but no, really don’t want him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd trust a Spanish or English source on our De Gea plans over a German one.
Well the German source would be getting their information from/about the German league player. But yeah, there’s been nothing either way to suggest De Gea will stay/go from anywhere else as yet. Reckon ten Hag is still weighing up his choices on some of the players whose contracts are expiring

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
First ETH mistake then.
I disagree, De Gea is part of the problem, he's a great shot stopper, possibly the best there is, but he's distinctly average/poor at everything else a goalkeeper is supposed to do.

He doesn't command his area, he is worse than Dracula on crosses and his distribution is worse than Royal Mail's when they're on strike!

TheReligion

Abusive
I disagree, De Gea is part of the problem, he's a great shot stopper, possibly the best there is, but he's distinctly average/poor at everything else a goalkeeper is supposed to do.

He doesn't command his area, he is worse than Dracula on crosses and his distribution is worse than Royal Mail's when they're on strike!
He’s not a priority replacement for me. Especially with the money involved.

He’s improved considerably with the ball.

AFC NimbleThumb

First ETH mistake then.
Sommer makes sense as a stop gap. We don’t have the money to buy a keeper as opposed to plugging the many other gaps.

Sommer is the step in the direction we want to take that will give us a summer or two to focus elsewhere.

Costa has looked she’ll shocked at points this tournament, I’d take Sommer for now.

kidbob

Sommer makes sense as a stop gap. We don’t have the money to buy a keeper as opposed to plugging the many other gaps.

Sommer is the step in the direction we want to take that will give us a summer or two to focus elsewhere.

Costa has looked she’ll shocked at points this tournament, I’d take Sommer for now.
Wouldn't mind that to be fair but I honestly think we'll miss DDG when he leaves. He isn't worth the money hes on but I think we take him for granted somewhat. We complain about the crosses and passes but he makes a lot of saves that very few can. Hopefully sorting out our defence lessens the need for those saves, and to be fair before Varane got injured we looked to be doing so.

Just don't want us to spend big money on a GK when there are much bigger concerns first, but Sommer would be a nice, cheap, alternative.

Rojofiam

He’s not a priority replacement for me. Especially with the money involved.

He’s improved considerably with the ball.
We're still playing 4-2-3-1 though, if ETH was satisfied with De Gea's on-ball abilities we would've switched to a 4-3-3 already by now. He's gone in the summer.

Mr PG

The Diogo Costa wankathon on this forum is well and truly over:lol:

Rojofiam

The Diogo Costa wankathon on this forum is well and truly over:lol:
He's been immense in the CL which is probably higher level than the WC games he's had to play so far. Taking him over De Gea any day of the week

sport2793

He's been dodgy the entire tournament and I'm sorry, the WC is higher pressure than CL.

El Jefe

He is fecking horrendous. What was he doing at the end just booting it when he had time to compose himself for the short pass.

I think its very obvious that replacing DDG won't be easy at all and this guy certainly isn't the guy to do that.

Skills

Snitch
He is fecking horrendous. What was he doing at the end just booting it when he had time to compose himself for the short pass.

I think its very obvious that replacing DDG won't be easy at all and this guy certainly isn't the guy to do that.
It's the one position in football you don't feck around with unless you really have to.

Black Alabaster

There isn’t really a comparison. The pressure in World Cup games is way higher for a player.
Yeah the pressure of a nation on your shoulders in a World Cup is different gravy. Don't see it much of a problem his performances overall, nerves are natural and hes' been fantastic otherwise this season as a whole.

Only 23 very young for a keeper and like Enzo Fernandez, great experience early in their careers.

Think some are going a bit over the top writing off players on the basis of a few games in a World Cup.

Last edited:

Red Star One

God those desperate kicks in the end must've been infuriating for Portugal fans. Not only cost them the game but also completely wasted any chance for build up and lost so much time on these idiotic long ball to nowhere when he was all alone. Terrible performance really and rarely the GK stands out so badly with only one goal conceded from a blunder.

Idxomer

His shot-stopping reminds me of Henderson.

He doesn't usually get a strong hand on the ball and looked prone to spilling the ball back into his area.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Glad he didn't have a great tournament, will mean he won't be extortionate if we do go for him. There's definitely talent there though.

phelans shorts

The more I’ve seen the goal today the more I sympathise with him. Ninety nine times out of a hundred that cross lands straight in his arms, that jump by El-Nassyri was superhuman.

I’m not going to pretend I’m sold on him mind, and any move for a keeper that young will see them drop a fair few actual clangers. If Erik wants him though I’ll give the benefit of the doubt.

Mr PG

He looks scared which is Degea’s main weakness too. I’ve never seen DeGea dive at players feet like Lloris did to deny Kane.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That Croatia's Gk Livakovic is fecking mint. At the right age of Gk at 27 as well.

Schmeichel was still with Brondby at this age.

Status
Not open for further replies.