Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Remember how Januzaj/Morrison used to take a piss out of the u23
Their ability, that was evident even then, was good enough to succeed in senior football though, they've had different problems (especially Morrison). What a player shows in the youth football is not a guarantee of his success but there's nothing wrong with forming an opinion about a player based on his performances for u-23.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Their ability, that was evident even then, was good enough to succeed in senior football though, they've had different problems (especially Morrison). What a player shows in the youth football is not a guarantee of his success but there's nothing wrong with forming an opinion about a player based on his performances for u-23.
Oh yes. U23 is a mean to judge a player. But some consideration on the level of opponent should be given.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I doubt he will start. It's not wise after only 2 reserve matches to throw him into a CL match, he won't be ready yet.

Use Young at RB and if the game is going well bring him on towards the last 15.

3KDré

I think he should be given the second half to play providing things are going well in the first.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I doubt he will start. It's not wise after only 2 reserve matches to throw him into a CL match, he won't be ready yet.

Use Young at RB and if the game is going well bring him on towards the last 15.
He’s a £20m signing. I think he should be viewed differently to the promising academy kids.

Patrick08

Hope he starts. We need to blood him asap.
I don't think he will for the exact same reason Valencia is not playing as well that is the artificial turf. I don't think mourinho will risk a player who returned from a knee operation on that pitch in his first game back in first team.

LInkash

I do think Young will start, especially as Mournho was going on about Young being able to play right back too after the Watford game, but he is being very positive about Dalot so he should feature sooner rather than later.

Diogo Dalot is here with the group – do you feel he is ready to be involved?
“He played his second match with the Under-23s, he has been training with the group for almost a month, he played 90 minutes a few days ago, we believe he is a strong boy, he is 19 years old, he is fit and we believe he is ready. Even without Antonio Valencia, who we decided to protect from this hard surface that is not the best thing for his knee, we still have Diogo, Darmian, Luke Shaw and Ashley Young, so the squad is ready on the full-back position.”

Adam-Utd

He’s a £20m signing. I think he should be viewed differently to the promising academy kids.
I'm not saying he isn't good enough, but will he be match fit / sharp?. No pre season and only had a few practise matches. I'm sure he will be great if he does play.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm not saying he isn't good enough, but will he be match fit / sharp?. No pre season and only had a few practise matches. I'm sure he will be great if he does play.
I agree with that, but this is why he needs to play. We can’t wait until next pre season to play him after all. We have no friendlies for 9 months, once he’s fit, he needs to start playing.

Adam-Utd

I agree with that, but this is why he needs to play. We can’t wait until next pre season to play him after all. We have no friendlies for 9 months, once he’s fit, he needs to start playing.
Fair enough, It's just an important match and we know how fickle everybody is, 1 mistake and he will be thrown to the lions.

Anyway the kid looks a talent so i'm sure if Jose thinks he's fit enough he will be good, let's hope so!.

Hope he starts. We need to blood him asap.
I think it will be Darmian at right back. Jose is always conservative in European away games. Dalot to come on after 60 mins or so.

I'm not sure the other side. Shaw will have done almost nothing for at least a week so he might need some minutes.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think it will be Darmian at right back. Jose is always conservative in European away games. Dalot to come on after 60 mins or so.

I'm not sure the other side. Shaw will have done almost nothing for at least a week so he might need some minutes.
Think Mourinho has said Shaw will start.
The thing for me is that Darmian, Young and Tony don't have any long term future here. The earlier Dalot starts for us,the better. I guess I'm just eager to see him take up the spot.

red4ever 79

Fingers crossed for the kid. Then again he could be amazing bang in a brace and we would still revert back to Val on the weekend

Young Boys 0:3 Man Utd

el3mel

I'm impressed.

First match since injury, 90 minutes on artificial pitch and he did great. Had all the qualities to succeed here and still young.

Hopefully he takes a run ahead of Valencia. Our next couple of matches aren't that hard.

Ekeke

Looks a great signing. Fantastic debut.

Adventurous confident dribbling, some dangerous crosses, did some good defending at times. 1 worrying moment when he fell over while trying to defend a situation but I think he was a bit lucky there.

But for all the qualities he showed on the ball, I think the most important things for a 19 year old's potential future under Mourinho are A) He's tall and wins the ball in the air and B) Mourinho has already talked about him having a very good personality.

I hope he plays a lot this season.

LJJT

Great crosses, hope he gets phased in now as he is the future. Lukaku will love having him on the ring wing. Best crossed of a ball we’ve had for some time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good start. Looks very comfortable on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.