Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utdstar01

Needs to improve his crossing quite a lot.
From what I've seen of him, crossing is one of his biggest strengths so don't think it's entirely accurate if you're just basing that from just yesterday's game? He's quite two footed as well.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He will make a debut in the league this season for sure.

Ekeke

from the video he looks confident in his passing, not just wanting to keep the ball all the time

James Peril

2 good feet and his crossing is much better than anyone we have on the right atm.
Let’s wait and see. Having a few crosses in training or in a reserves game is different from doing it in the Premier League and Champions League. I’m pretty sure Valencia would look decent for our reserves when given more space and time for 90 minute.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let’s wait and see. Having a few crosses in training or in a reserves game is different from doing it in the Premier League and Champions League. I’m pretty sure Valencia would look decent for our reserves when given more space and time for 90 minute.
We've had other first teamers play in the reserves and not look impressive, so it can work both ways.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Hard to take anything from a reserve game they are such a low standard. We've seen players look outstanding but then be useless for the first team and vice versa.

On crossing there is a perception that the best fullbacks offer Beckham like crosses almost every time based on seeing only highlights of other clubs.

Litch

First game back from 4 months out, first game and this was at U23 level, let's not be too critical about whether he's regular or not until he's settled and had a few more appearances especially in the PL.

Adamsk7

I watched the game and was very impressed with his performance. What I liked was that he has very good decision making - he would very often choose the right option, even if sometimes that option didn’t come off. With Valencia, there are many times where he SHOULD take on the left back and be in a good crossing position but he will check back and pass it to someone who crosses from a much deeper position. This has a hugely negative effect on our play - it means all of our attackers are trying to score a header from a non moving position so there’s no momentum.
I also liked his defensive play and he is good positionally at the back post when a cross comes in from the opposite side, again something Valencia is not great at (not knocking him, he’s not a right back after all).

He’s tall, he’s fast, he’s has good technique and is comfortable on the ball, he’s 19, speaks English and he’s a Utd player. Don’t know what’s not to like.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Bestietom

I would love to see a few more youngsters introduced to our side as we certainly need more mobility/speed added. Dalot is one that can add this, has 2 good feet and can cross well.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Shaw has stared the season excellently. And he is still 23.

What is the fascination our fans have with new signings ? And then going over the same circle again ?
Shaw has done okay, but let's not get carried away, he's only looked good because nearly everybody else has looked crap.

And Tierney is a far superior footballer.

No fascination, i'd rather have a team half-full of kids that have come through the system.

kr0nix

He looks like a talented wingback with the confidence to take defenders on. Good pace too. Early signs are good.

deafepl

Shaw has done okay, but let's not get carried away, he's only looked good because nearly everybody else has looked crap.

No fascination, i'd rather have a team half-full of kids that have come through the system.
Shaw can't play every game like he did against Spurs, attacking full backs/wingback positions require very high stamina than other all positions. Hopefully, next summer, we could get Tierney to rotate with Shaw if Shaw is playing so well rest of the season.

Devil may care

The thing I noticed in the video was how well Dalot and Chong worked in tandem, they played like a proper RB/RW combination, we never see that in the first team as whoever we play on the right is always central by the time Valencia gets up there, so they can't play the one-two overlap.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Apart from his obvious talent on the pitch, he has an absolutely top notch character and personality. He’s exactly the type we need at United and even if he wasn’t as talented on the pitch, he would turn out a top player because of his character. Great snipe by Mourinho

James Peril

Ridiculous, how do you know that? Marcelo is a far superior player for example, but not god damn Tierney! There is a reason why he is still at Celtic and not somewhere else, he just isn’t that good. Shaw would kill it in the Scottish league every week - ranked 26th in Europe.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Ridiculous, how do you know that? Marcelo is a far superior player for example, but not god damn Tierney! There is a reason why he is still at Celtic and not somewhere else, he just isn’t that good. Shaw would kill it in the Scottish league every week - ranked 26th in Europe.
I tend to watch players numerous times and then make a judgment, it's not fool proof but....

The reason he's still at Celtic is he's only just turned 21, and he's a Celtic fan living the dream winning Title after Title who is obviously in no rush to move South, but he'll have to eventually and he'll know that. And he will. Hopefully it's to United.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Actually looks a lot like the improved Shaw. Faces up to defenders and not afraid to try take them on, very direct with a good touch and dribbling abilities. Could work on his crossing like Shaw too but in the next 2/3 years we could be watching 2 of the best fullbacks in the league.

Last edited:
Shaw can't play every game like he did against Spurs, attacking full backs/wingback positions require very high stamina than other all positions. Hopefully, next summer, we could get Tierney to rotate with Shaw if Shaw is playing so well rest of the season.
I agree - we need two quality LBs so Tierney would be good to have as well.

deafepl

Actually looks a lot like the improved Shaw. Faces up to defenders and not afraid to try take them on, very direct with a good touch and dribbling abilities. Could work on his crossing like Shaw too but in the next 2/3 years we could be watching 2 of the best fullbacks in the league.
Any attacking manager would love to have Shaw and Dalot at fullbacks, their speed, power, physically stronger and good on balls. Dalot has a good crossing accuracy, his crossing earned them a corner so they scored from that. Every time I see him attacking space on flank just reminded me of Ronaldo 2003-06

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Hilarious that people are judging him already.
What's more unbelievable I read a post claiming him to be better than Valencia and Young. A big leap after watching him for 70 Minutes. I watched the game and understandably he played within himself. He tried a few stepovers but failed to go past anyone and only crossed the ball twice. One was a beauty other well overhit. Basically, it's a folly to judge either way.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Can't judge much from highlights.

More importantly how did he look over the entire match? Like a first teamer playing amongst kids or like a kid playing amongst kids?

Kapardin

My eyes passed over this thread quickly and I read it as "Gal Gadot - Performances".:p

He needs to start against Derby. I am hoping he is better than his age would suggest. Imagine if Shaw continues improving and he is good enough to replace Valencia, we would finally have two functional FBs.:eek:

prateik

With Shaw injured and Young starting, there will be a place on the bench. Would be interesting if he got in ahead of Darmian

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I expect he’ll get a run out then start against Derby County.

Canagel

Could be apart of the squad on Saturday ❤

If it wasn't Watford away I would start him but it's a very difficult game to come into especially with the way they are playing. Should start vs Derby.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If it wasn't Watford away I would start him but it's a very difficult game to come into especially with the way they are playing. Should start vs Derby.
Derby is the right game regardless I think. Valencia is definitely the right call at the moment, and was very good away to Burnley to be fair.

Alabaster Codify7

Not expecting to see him on the weekend, but I agree he's nailed on to feature for at least 45mins against Derby which I'll be very excited for.

andyjgt1

Supports
Man City
He should really need a loan for this season. He has less experience than Tuanzebe and TFM and is younger and less physically gifted. If he doesn't (have one, not need one), it's simply because he is a signing, that's the only reason Lindelof makes his mistakes (and there are many) at Utd and Tuanzebe his at Vanilla.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He should really need a loan for this season. He has less experience than Tuanzebe and TFM and is younger and less physically gifted. If he doesn't (have one, not need one), it's simply because he is a signing, that's the only reason Lindelof makes his mistakes (and there are many) at Utd and Tuanzebe his at Vanilla.
What a terrible post. There’s loads more factors to consider in whether a player needs a loan or not than simply whether or not they’re “a signing”.

Status
Not open for further replies.