Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redo91

I'm still surprised that a lot of you think this guy is going to get regular first team football season.
He'll be lucky to get a few minutes as a sub.
He was bought to play in the youth setup, hopefully making a step up in a few years, to the first team.

Time will tell.
As others have said there is no way we have spent close to £20 million on a player to have him in the under 23s.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He doesn't know, but the guy played like six times last year for a very poor edition of Porto. You don't go from Porto reserve to United-starter in one summer, it's just common sense. There are probably good examples out there in terms of people doing just that, but then you would have heard about them or read articles about their huge talent (Cristiano). As for Dalot, I haven't really seen or heard much - and I doubt he will see much of him this season.
You know there is a huge middle ground between first team starter and playing for the u23s right? By your logic no youth player could ever graduate to the first team. McTominay went from u23s to 20+ appearances for the first team. Dalot will be Valencia's backup.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As others have said there is no way we have spent close to £20 million on a player to have him in the under 23s.
20m these days is nothing tbh. Pereira would probably go for 20-30m and he's probably nothing more than a bit part player. Dalot has played like 5 first team games in his career. Mourinho is not going to throw him in with a big role just yet.

deafepl

I'm surprised some of you think he'll play in U23 and get few games for us so if that's case, he would never sign for us, he'll be the first choice at Porto, playing week in week out and able to play in UCL rather than sitting on the bench most of the time like Axel? He will be our rotation alongside with Valencia until the end of the season so we can examine his progress for 18-19 season and if he is ready to be the first choice or we have to sign new RB, Valencia is not going to stay with us next season due to his contract.

haram

We didn’t buy him to play him in the u23’s...

They even got relegated last year, would make more sense just to loan him out if we were not planning on using him.

Red_toad

We didn’t buy him to play him in the u23’s...

They even got relegated last year, would make more sense just to loan him out if we were not planning on using him.
Honestly you expect a young player who's been injured since we signed him to start with first team football from the word go? Jeez this forum at times. Lad was bought to be a squad player in the first team, he needs match fitness, he's not going to get thrown in at the deep end after playing no football for the last few months.

haram

Honestly you expect a young player who's been injured since we signed him to start with first team football from the word go? Jeez this forum at times. Lad was bought to be a squad player in the first team, he needs match fitness, he's not going to get thrown in at the deep end after playing no football for the last few months.
Where did I say he was going to start with the first team from the word go? He is literally playing for the reserves tonight to gain fitness.

Red_toad

Where did I say he was going to start with the first team from the word go? He is literally playing for the reserves tonight to gain fitness.
You said we didn't buy him to play in the under 23's and he is playing there to gain fitness, something which you completely failed to make any mention of... Then you started on about loaning him. So really not really showing a lot of patience after 3 games and him not actually being physically fit for any of them. But yes you did not state he would play from the word go. Maybe you need to up your explanation so to avoid confusion. As it strongly implies he should be in the first team squad right now in your post.

haram

You said we didn't buy him to play in the under 23's and he is playing there to gain fitness, something which you completely failed to make any mention of... Then you started on about loaning him. So really not really showing a lot of patience after 3 games and him not actually being physically fit for any of them. But yes you did not state he would play from the word go. Maybe you need to up your explanation so to avoid confusion. As it strongly implies he should be in the first team squad right now in your post.
I said we did not buy him to play him in the u23s...

Last edited:

Smores

I reckon we'll see him in the Derby game and not before, if he's decent enough and has the right attitude he'll find his way into the first team but chances are he'll need to develop first.

Smores

And yet he is...
I don't think @haram was saying "we didn't play him to start in the u23s" as any sort of criticism or complaint, he was just responding to those who believe he's an U23 player above.

He's a first team squad player getting to fitness in the U23s same as Romero. That's just standard.

Zoo

I'm still surprised that a lot of you think this guy is going to get regular first team football season.
He'll be lucky to get a few minutes as a sub.
He was bought to play in the youth setup, hopefully making a step up in a few years, to the first team.

Time will tell.
You keep saying this repeatedly like when you said repeatedly that we had no chance of signing Pogba.

DownRiver

I think we will have two of the best fullbacks in the premier league from the two of the worst.

He has a great cross and tactically aware for a young player.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I liked how early he got that cross in before. Received the ball, little step-over, another touch to get it out from under his feet and then put in a very nicely positioned cross. We didn't have anyone quite close enough, but it forced the defender to put it out for a corner which we then scored from.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Almost too captivated by Gomes and Chong to notice him.. but he looks good! He's getting better as it goes on, swung in a great cross, and as been said he seems very tactically aware and sensible.

Devil may care

Charlie Adam is still playing?

Good to hear Dalot has started brightly, I think the game agaisnt Derby might be when we see him get a first team run out.

MDFC Manager

Charlie Adam is still playing?

Good to hear Dalot has started brightly, I think the game agaisnt Derby might be when we see him get a first team run out.
Yes we'll have to suffer Valencia a bit longer, but showing good signs here is our new Portugeezer

Tiber

Shaw and Dalot on the flanks will be a sea change.
cant wait. You dont win many titles with 33 year old converted winger Ashley Young and 33 year old converted winger Antonio Valencia playing fullback

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
cant wait. You dont win many titles with 33 year old converted winger Ashley Young and 33 year old converted winger Antonio Valencia playing fullback
I would think at this stage of his career both Young and Valencia are better players. You might have to wait a while to see Dalot on the wings.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Another vitally important matter to consider is United's 1st defence lacking in confidence at this moment in time. Don't want Dalot being thrown in and be in a situation where he could also suffer as a consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.