Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersonson

Watched the match. He's big and strong, would suit the league well I think.

But from what I saw, he's not ready yet. Not a great debut, but perhaps a solid one. I hope and think he's one the right man for the future.

TrueRed79

Dalot and Chong down our right hand side would be better than Mata and Valencia right now.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Watched the match. He's big and strong, would suit the league well I think.

But from what I saw, he's not ready yet. Not a great debut, but perhaps a solid one. I hope and think he's one the right man for the future.
It's his first game back from a big lay off. Let's reserve judgment for now.

acnumber9

He looks like Januzaj with extra pace and confidence in that clip. Oh and that cross too, already miles ahead from any of our current fullbacks. Good stuff.
Jesus, if Valencia was crossing like that there would be people on the street with pitchforks.

el3mel

That looks like a younger version of Valencia but with not a very dead left foot. Same pace, dribbling, long balls and the shite crossing, all are exactly the same as Valencia. Gonna be fun.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
That looks like a younger version of Valencia but with not a very dead left foot. Same pace, dribbling, long balls and the shite crossing, all are exactly the same as Valencia. Gonna be fun.
I don't see the comparison at all. I think he looks quite polished on the ball for a full back. A couple of erratic touches but that's par for the course with a new player, especially a younger one.

I'm guessing this is a case of you hating Jose so trying to get the pitchforks out ASAP for one of his signings.

el3mel

I don't see the comparison at all. I think he looks quite polished on the ball for a full back. A couple of erratic touches but that's par for the course with a new player, especially a younger one.

I'm guessing this is a case of you hating Jose so trying to get the pitchforks out ASAP for one of his signings.
You're so so wrong on this.

Actually peak Valencia was a pretty good player. If he's a fraction of the young Valencia it will be fun. Comparing him to young Valencia is a praise not criticiam.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You're so so wrong on this.

Actually peak Valencia was a pretty good player. If he's a fraction of the young Valencia it will be fun. Comparing him to young Valencia is a praise not criticiam.
I liked peak Valencia, but the way I read it, it sounded like a criticism. Some posters don't remember how effective he was and often slate him, so I thought you were being sarcastic.

Besides, I don't see the comparison in the limited time I've seen him. I don't want to mention the comparison that I'd make, but it was made by a few Porto fans when we signed him...

el3mel

I liked peak Valencia, but the way I read it, it sounded like a criticism. Some posters don't remember how effective he was and often slate him, so I thought you were being sarcastic.

Besides, I don't see the comparison in the limited time I've seen him. I don't want to mention the comparison that I'd make, but it was made by a few Porto fans when we signed him...
I meant comparing him to a younger Valencia but it's fine, no problem at all mate.

Hopefully he comes well. Dalot and Shaw can solve the full back issues without the need of additional signing if they step up this season for good.

prateik

The last time I was excited to see a RB's debut was Rafael when we played Peterborough. He was fantastic.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks positive and confident. Raw too. Will need to improve decision making by the looks of it, but I also like that he seems to play off instinct a lot. Hopefully gets regular play time in the reserves and we see him starting some in the first team too.

criticalanalysis

Pretty impressed tbh by those highlights.

Hopefully he can transfer that to the first team appearances.

TheReligion

Abusive
From the video he appears;

1) quick
2) good in the air
3) confident with the ball (happy to go inside or out and throw in stepovers)
4) Attacking with the ball. Looks for positive passes.

I'm with @pocco. Think he'll surprise a few people this season

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Silky smooth. Love it. Can’t wait to watch him develop into a beast. Great character to boot

SpyLuke10

The real question is how good is this guy defensively? Cos at the end of the day if he is always leaving gaps in behind he won't get a game this season.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks a proper modern day full back. Another positive signing who like Fred looks dynamic, full of flair and proactive on the ball. Defensively won’t be able to tel anything until he plays for the first team but looks agile and has height.. which is a fearsome combo to contend with. Reckon he will be a solid first team contender once fully fit and be a favourite for fans due to his playing style.

meamth

The best 19 year old full back in the world, according to Jose. He can't run away from that kind of expectation now.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Liked what I saw from the highlights. Was that all touches or just his good bits? Seemed to be doing step overs constantly and had a quick change of pace that was seemless.

NotQuiteManc

Looks good for a guy who have just returned from long lay off. Some great moments, good balance and speed, but a bit slow off the mark and a few heavy touches. Hopefully it will improve as he gains more game time and fitness.

FromTheBench

If we sign Tierney next Summer we'll have the fullback positions sorted for the next decade.
Shaw has stared the season excellently. And he is still 23.

What is the fascination our fans have with new signings ? And then going over the same circle again ?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Looks like he doesn't shy away from off-ball movement even if it's just to create space for the attacker with the ball, which is immensely important in this position and something that we lack.

Rake

Can't believe some of the comments... He is 19 and has been sidelined with an injury since April.

Looks confident and I love how he crosses early. Hopefully he can carry it over to the first team. His slightly sloppy touch is understandable having been out for so long, and even looked like it improved during the game.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nice to see he had a positive game. Obviously is going to need at least 3/4 games to be up to speed but I like what I've seen from him already.

He's bigger than I expected too, won't have any worries about getting bullied that's for sure.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not sure about the (mild) criticism of his crossing. He put two in, one was overhit (still found a man though) and the other was as good a cross I remember seeing from a RB for us since Varela.

Think we should reserve judgement on his delivery for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.