Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

As it stands, Young is levels above Shaw, unless some miracle happens. So I don't see what merits starting Shaw over him.
Levels above? It's Ashley Young we are talking here, not Roberto Carlos. If given a run of games Shaw can surpass him.

Kostov

It's exactly what happened in January - Shaw was playing well over Dec and Jan and got benched the second Young came back from suspension.

Also it's a bit early to call Dalot far more talented than Varela when none of us have actually seen him play and he's played about 10 games in a top flight league in his career so far.
Unfortunately this is true and can just as easily happen again. A shame really.

jesperjaap

Agree with @limerickcitykid and @AltiUn here.

Young`s defensively positioning is not good.

And his crossing is irritating, cause he has to stop and go inwards to cross and then the runs in the box has stopped by then. Making it hard to be direct many times.
I would say Youngs positioning is average, Shaws has been diabolical many times and I am a fan of Luke Shaw and believe he can still be a very good player for us but playing wise it is probably the thing he needs to improve above anything else.

MUFC OK

Look forward to his debut, lets play him as a RW and pretend he's the next big thing. He has awesome delivery and I need something to get excited about #Da7ot

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
If he’s fit, would like to see him and Shaw start vs Spurs. Can’t be fecked watching Young and Valencia again. Smalling needs to come back in to add a bit of stability (even though he’s also shit. feck me.)

klsv

"Jose Mourinho left bemused as new signing Diogo Dalot hints at a move away from the club before the transfer window closes, as United dressing room drama continues"

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
"Jose Mourinho left bemused as new signing Diogo Dalot hints at a move away from the club before the transfer window closes, as United dressing room drama continues"
Stop posting fake quotes.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I genuinely forgot he existed.

Can't wait for him to come back. Would be great to see him take to the PL like butter and just become our hidden gem for the season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sucks he wasn’t fit while Valencia was injured. If Valencia makes it back first he’ll struggle to get a look in.

MAME DIOUF 32

please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good

TheReligion

Abusive
Should be in contention for a spot on the bench at the weekend surely?

Valencia really tired against Spurs so no reason why Dalot can't get some minutes later in the game. Burnley away would be a really testing welcome to the PL mind..

Guess it depends how the game pans out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He will play tonight for the reserves.

Not expecting huge things in his first match but it'll be nice to see what style he has. I hope he aims to impress and not just use it as fitness.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm still surprised that a lot of you think this guy is going to get regular first team football season.
He'll be lucky to get a few minutes as a sub.
He was bought to play in the youth setup, hopefully making a step up in a few years, to the first team.

Time will tell.

GledTheRed

I'm still surprised that a lot of you think this guy is going to get regular first team football season.
He was bought to play in the youth setup, hopefully making a step up in a few years, to the first team.

Time will tell.
No he wasn't , we paid 20 million quid and Jose has described him as one of the best full baks in Europe.

Gopher Brown

Time will tell.
That’s not usually how Jose operates, also £19m for a player only to play for the U23s isn’t something Eddie would sign off on.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

Time will tell.
I'm surprised you think we spent 20m on someone to play in the u23s. Mourinho didn't even let Axel, Joel or TFM play with the u23s when they were here never getting a game, Dalot sure as shit isn't going to spend the season with them. He will be our backup RB. He is 19, not 16.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Time will tell.
How’d you know that, sorry? Mourinho said he was the best young fullback in the world at the moment. He obviously has plans to introduce him to the team soon.

Grande

Time will tell.
Not that I think you’re wrong, I haven’t seen the player, but what do you base that on?

I’d have thought that with Fosu-Mensa on loan again and us trying hard to ship Darmian, and Young until two games ago at least, regarded by the boss as main man at LB, that Dalot would be number two at RB behind a 33 yr old Valencia and therfore in line for quite a few games?

Time will tell.
I strongly doubt it.

James Peril

How’d you know that, sorry? Mourinho said he was the best young fullback in the world at the moment. He obviously has plans to introduce him to the team soon.
He doesn't know, but the guy played like six times last year for a very poor edition of Porto. You don't go from Porto reserve to United-starter in one summer, it's just common sense. There are probably good examples out there in terms of people doing just that, but then you would have heard about them or read articles about their huge talent (Cristiano). As for Dalot, I haven't really seen or heard much - and I doubt he will see much of him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.