Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

Hoping he'll be on the bench against Newcastle.

Don't need Darmian to be there for this game nor the off form defensive Valencia starting so..

Take risk Mou, we need attacking options for this game.

Jonty

He's looked like our only viable attacking outlet on the right side and needs to be used more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stadjer

Hoping he'll be on the bench against Newcastle.

Don't need Darmian to be there for this game nor the off form defensive Valencia starting so..

Take risk Mou, we need attacking options for this game.
Mourinho and risk usually doesnt go together .

Loublaze

ATLien
What's happened to Dalot? Injured?

Hasn't even made it to the bench for the past few matches.]
Yes he's injured. No details on the type of injury. Fellaini, McTominay, Lingard, Sanchez and Jones are also unfit for the Juventus clash

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yes he's injured. No details on the type of injury. Fellaini, McTominay, Lingard, Sanchez and Jones are also unfit for the Juventus clash
I guess they started him too early. Pesky injury considering that they said it was 'minor' injury sustained in April.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very annoyed that injury keeps robbing him of making a first team impression. Valencia has had two spells out of the team this season and Dalot has been injured for both of them. Very frustrating.

Very annoyed that injury keeps robbing him of making a first team impression. Valencia has had two spells out of the team this season and Dalot has been injured for both of them. Very frustrating.
Valencia is finished now anyway, so he only has Young to get passed for the RB spot.

ReallyUSA

With Valencia being banished, he does have a clear shot to be the guy

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hope he's back for our next game. Mourinho needs to start giving him minutes over Young.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sad to see him not included in the squad against Young Boys. Possibly still not fully fit but I hope to see more of him in the first team, starting against Southampton on the weekend.

haram

Hope that means he is starting.

I think Young will come in against Arsenal, Mourinho doesn't want to risk him getting suspended as he is on 4 yellows.

Raw

I've never been so hyped to see a right back playing. That's how barren our right side has been.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Going to be a tricky start against Redmond, I can't see him being too adventurous so don't get your hopes up too much.

If he's solid and helps attack well when we have the ball i'll be happy.

Bola

Going to be a tricky start against Redmond, I can't see him being too adventurous so don't get your hopes up too much.

Really?

I don't think Redmond is that great and his performances have been underwhelming since moving to the Saints. Should be plenty of opportunities to get forward against a low confidence Saints side, proving Jose plays the right tactics

Adam-Utd

Really?

I don't think Redmond is that great and his performances have been underwhelming since moving to the Saints. Should be plenty of opportunities to get forward against a low confidence Saints side, proving Jose plays the right tactics
While Saints haven't had a great run recently he can still be a tricky player. Quick, good dribbler and a low centre of gravity.

We've not always had the best record at Southampton either and with our current form i'm not expecting this to be a walk in the park.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
While Saints haven't had a great run recently he can still be a tricky player. Quick, good dribbler and a low centre of gravity.

We've not always had the best record at Southampton either and with our current form i'm not expecting this to be a walk in the park.
I am. A dark park with muggers lurking in the shadows and no security nor security lights around;)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Tricky start against Redmond :lol: By that logic there are adventurous players in every single PL team and we should wait until we draw Solihull Moors at home in the FA cup so he can start against less adventurous players.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Mourinho may have just mentioned that he'll be there, in the sense that he'll be on the bench. I'd actually be quite surprised if Young isn't rightback.
That’s what I’m thinking too, take Young off around 60 minutes and give Dalot a run out to ease him in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tricky start against Redmond :lol: By that logic there are adventurous players in every single PL team and we should wait until we draw Solihull Moors at home in the FA cup so he can start against less adventurous players.
Well that’s actually kind of true, every team in PL has danger men, it’s why every team is capable of taking points off one another. They’re not world beaters but on their day they can give even decent full backs headaches, that said any full back worth their salt will deal with players like Redmond 8/10 times.

Adam-Utd

You're a bit thick aren't you :lol: I'm not saying he's not capable i'm just saying it won't be easy. Perhaps playing him in the CL against a weaker opposition might have been better.

Let's hope he passes this test with flying colours and doesn't make any mistakes then shall we? I can envisage the doom and gloom in this thread if he gets skinned a few times by a good winger.

Bola

Indeed. We could easily give the Saints their first home win in a while.

Getting Dalot into the team will help us though. Part of our issue for out attacking play is the lack of composure by certain players who go for the long ball when under pressure. Young is a serial offender and while Valencia is better in that regard, his output in the final 3rd is predictable and ineffective.

Its early days, but I've seen some promising stuff from Dalot

Status
Not open for further replies.