Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

He's not got elite acceleration over 1-5 yards but once he gets going, he's actually quite fast with his long strides. One of his underrated attributes is that he is generally all around very athletic, in size, length, speed and height, which gives him a good basis as a defender and going forward.
Said it here in my previous post but he's got very solid physical attributes along with a good technical base and progressive footballing brain.

He's far from the finished article but if he keeps learning and irons out some inconsistencies, this is already a decent level to start from.

NZT-One

I think his defensive performance was probably the strongest part of his game today. Didn't really get beat and if he did he mostly recovered.
I thought in 1st half he was out of position a few times plus he made a few weird decision under pressure, sometimes delaying when getting rid of the ball would have been better. Happy with his performance, don't get me wrong but my struggle with him is, that I always get nervous when opponents are attacking his side. The more good performances he has, the less nervous I will get (hopefully ^^)

MDFC Manager

Started off a bit ropey but fantastic for most of the game. I think he’s our most improved player under ETH.
Certainly, given that he wasn't previously good defensively. I no longer soil my pants when he's got 1 on 1 defending to do.

Abraxas

A couple of very impressive ball carries. Just didn't find the right moment at the end of them. Defensively fine.

Foxbatt

He hasn't even played a full season in the PL yet. I don't think he has played a full season in top football.

AmanNits04

At times, he just bulldozes through the opposition. He is actually very athletic. If he can sort his end product, he can be world class. Definitely, one of the most improved players in the team

Red00012

Take out the 1st 5 mins of the game and I think it was one of his best performances in a Utd jersey. When he is one of those runs he just needs to get the head up a bit more

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he is one of our most improved player this season. Very impressive in terms of ball carries, also does his job well in terms of one on one defending.

kunal18

I dont think there is a better player available at Right back in the market, we should get one for the future at right back as a competition for him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he was excellent again I have to say. I’m really enjoying him doing these driving runs from deep.

He just needs to keep supporting Antony a little faster, sometimes he’s a bit hesitant in that way.

Playing really well at the moment though.

RopersReturn

Of all the major changes that have happened after the first two games, Dalots contribution has been key to our success. His form has improved significantly since ETH took over and he’s played consistently well over the last ten games, developing into a highly effective attacking wingback.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
His improvement has been remarkable to me. I did not see this growth happening. His 1 on 1 defending is so good at the moment you feel so confident down that flank.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
His improvement has been remarkable to me. I did not see this growth happening. His 1 on 1 defending is so good at the moment you feel so confident down that flank.
He's tad slower over the first 5 meteres but that can recover pretty quickly with his long legs. I also like his strength and aerial ability, he seems to win most of his tackles shoulder on shoulder and being good in the air is also a bonus from a fullback..

We got two similar fullbacks in this, Shaw and him.

Chairman Steve

Under Ralf, you could see talent sparking through and you could why Ralf chose him over AWB.

Under ETH, he has moved up another gear.

I don’t know what Solskjaer was thinking when he not only bought AWB but played him almost every game possible and Dalot was a squad pariah, especially when Solskjaer wanted full-backs who could be integral in attacking moves. The more suitable candidate was already at United.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He's been our best fullback by far this season. He's not looked out of place next to Varane and Martinez either. What an amazing turnaround.

Red00012

He's been our best fullback by far this season. He's not looked out of place next to Varane and Martinez either. What an amazing turnaround.
You’re doing him wrong there considering the only competition is Malacia and Shaw who has each played a few games .Dalot is in the best form since he joined the club

Abraxas

We could do with trying to get a new contract sorted with Dalot without getting totally shafted just because he's starting to look decent. He still has some way to go. I know we have a one year extension option but getting down into the last year is never the best idea as the agent and player get way too much leverage.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
You’re doing him wrong there considering the only competition is Malacia and Shaw who has each played a few games .Dalot is in the best form since he joined the club
Which is why I added the part about Varane and Martinez as I understand that calling him the best fullback doesn't do his performances enough justice. Our centerback duo gets plenty of praise and rightly so. I just wanted to throw Dalot into the mix because he deserves it.

Greck

Games like last make it obvious why ETH ***** the guy. On form reminds me of the traditional attacking wingers. Very comfortable running the ball into the other half and displays decent technique with his kicking. He had an ugly dip for a couple games but I don't count poor performances from the Portuguese players when Ronaldo plays. They clearly can't help it.

Foxbatt

I can't believe that this was a nightmare against Athletico was it? He was horrible.

Skills

Snitch
I can't believe that this was a nightmare against Athletico was it? He was horrible.
The rest of the team was shite back then too. Attack minded full backs are double edged sword - they look awesome when the teams on song, but a complete liability when the rest of the teams out of knick because they're so dependent on their midfielders and CBs covering for them and playing them into the right positions.

You're seeing it with Trent - he's the same player he always was, but because Liverpool's structure and midfield has been so poor this season he looks much worse than he is. But when they're flying, he's incredible.

Chief123

I never thought I’d see the day where we’re desperate to give him a rest because he’s become such an important part of the team. Fair play to him.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Is he going to Qatar?
Yep. Barring some last-minute surprises, the quartet of João Cancelo, Diogo Dalot, Nuno Mendes and Raphaël Guerreiro will definitely make the final cut at the fullback position.
Guarda-redes: Diogo Costa (FC Porto), Rui Patricio (Roma), Anthony Lopes (Lyon), José Sá (Wolverhampton) e Rui Silva (Bétis)

Defesas: Diogo Dalot (Man. United), Nuno Tavares (Marselha), Danilo (PSG), Nélson Semedo (Wolverhampton), João Cancelo (Man. City), Cédric Soares (Arsenal), Thierry Correia (Valência), António Silva (Benfica), David Carmo (FC Porto), Diogo Leite (Union Berlim), José Fonte (Lille) Fábio Cardoso (FC Porto), Gonçalo Inácio (Sporting), Pepe (FC Porto), Rúben Dias (Man. City), Tiago Djaló (Lille), Domingos Duarte (Getafe), Mário Rui (Nápoles), Nuno Mendes (PSG) e Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund);

Médios: William Carvalho (Bétis), Florentino Luís (Benfica), João Moutinho (Wolverhampton), Fábio Carvalho (Liverpool), Fábio Vieira (Arsenal), Rúben Neves (Wolverhampton), Otávio (FC Porto), Bernardo Silva (Man. City), Matheus Nunes (Wolverhampton), Bruno Fernandes (Man. United), João Mário (Benfica), Renato Sanches (PSG), João Palhinha (Fulham), Vitinha (PSG), Nuno Santos (Sporting) e Sérgio Oliveira (Galatasaray)

Avançados: André Silva (RB Leipzig), Paulinho (Sporting), Ricardo Horta (SC Braga), Gonçalo Guedes (Wolverhampton), Cristiano Ronaldo (Man. United), João Félix (Atlético Madrid), Jota (Celtic), Pedro Gonçalves (Sporting), Francisco Trincão (Sporting), Rafael Leão (Milan), Daniel Podence (Wolverhampton), Beto (Udinese), Gonçalo Ramos (Benfica) e Vitinha (SC Braga)

Real Name

Yep. Barring some last-minute surprises, the quartet of João Cancelo, Diogo Dalot, Nuno Mendes and Raphaël Guerreiro will definitely make the final cut at the fullback position.
Great, glad for him. I reckon Cancelo is a starter in RB spot for Portugal?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Great, glad for him. I reckon Cancelo is a starter in RB spot for Portugal?
Yep. Cancelo on the right flank, and Mendes (or Guerreiro) on the left flank. Given that Cédric Soares is no longer a starter for Arsenal and Nélson Semedo is not setting the world alight at Wolverhampton, Dalot has a relatively straightforward path as the reserve option at right-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.