Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Mourinho said Dalot was the best young fullback in the world, when he isn't even better than AWB. The latter must take his chances from the coach because what has happened to him is not fair. Being benched by a Milan reject, Mourinho reject and Ole reject, reminds me of the time when we had Henderson on the bench but a certain finished GK on £375k/week would be starting even with a broken back.
What has fairness got to do with it? AWB dug his own grave with inept performances and a lack of desire and effort, which are the first things any manager expects.

Sellddg

What has fairness got to do with it? AWB dug his own grave with inept performances and a lack of desire and effort, which are the first things any manager expects.
AWB has never played a competitive game under Ten Hag. How did the coach judge him? What exactly Dalot offers that AWB can't? De Gea is one of the worst GK's in Prem for the last 5 seasons. Why did he loan Henderson instead of letting De Gea leave for free?

SAFMUTD

AWB has never played a competitive game under Ten Hag. How did the coach judge him? What exactly Dalot offers that AWB can't? De Gea is one of the worst GK's in Prem for the last 5 seasons. Why did he loan Henderson instead of letting De Gea leave for free?
Are you trolling?

Raw

There's this magical thing called training sessions where the manager and coaches can make judgements on players. Henderson ain't exactly doing amazingly on loan either.

Sellddg

AWB dug his own grave with inept performances and a lack of desire and effort, which are the first things any manager expects
Trolling how? How can a manager decide if a player lacks desire and effort when the latter hasn't even started a competitive game under him? He was deleted from squad the moment Ten Hag arrived

You might say from the training sessions but yet again even a blind person can see that Iqbal and Savage are better players than Fred. Why did Fred start ahead of them on Sunday?

Last edited:

Anustart89

Trolling how? How can a manager decide if a player lacks desire and effort when the latter hasn't even started a competitive game under him? He was deleted from squad the moment Ten Hag arrived

You might say from the training sessions but yet again even a blind person can see that Iqbal and Savage are better players than Fred. Why did Fred start ahead of them on Sunday?
:lol: Wow

If competitive games are the only way to judge players, how do you know that Iqbal and Savage are better than Fred then?

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I really see him leaving this summer.

Despite him playing good football this season, I don t see him resisting offers from Barca/Real (if it comes).

If it s not one of these two clubs, he will stay until the next European Championship in 2024.

Abraxas

I think it's clear what he offers that AWB can't. He can handle the ball and pass it. The manager has obviously decided there isn't much he can do with a footballer that is a complete liability technically.

I don't see what DeGea has to do with it. Are you just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks?

NewYorkRed

Mourinho said Dalot was the best young fullback in the world, when he isn't even better than AWB. The latter must take his chances from the coach because what has happened to him is not fair. Being benched by a Milan reject, Mourinho reject and Ole reject, reminds me of the time when we had Henderson on the bench but a certain finished GK on £375k/week would be starting even with a broken back.
That’s a really, really bad take.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Much better than he has been recently. Had been starting to worry it was just a purple patch recently.

flappyjay

Much much better performance after a couple of games of being poor in possession.

kundalini

Good performance. Decent cross for Shaw's shot that was saved. Had a few shots. Defended well.

Zoo

Yep when he plays with this intensity he looks a top player. Keep it up.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I loved those confident switches to Shaw. It's little things like that that become so important in controlling a game, because it breaks their press and allows us to progress the ball with ease yet someone like AWB could never do it.

People can keep hating this guy because he's not an athletic/rampaging type but his technical quality and two-footedness is always going to keep him in the side.

Telsim

Thought he did well today. And he always plays with so much intensity. Need more players like him and Martinez, to be honest.

criticalanalysis

Cancelo lite. Easily our most improved player under ETH.
Very small sample size but arguably a better defender than Cancelo or at least has the tools to be.

I don't watch City games (who does) and whilst he's not Trent, Cancelo looks defensively suspect in terms of positioning, reading of balls etc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Very good tonight. So much confidence and just needs to find that final pass more.

Vapor trail

He's very good when the teams in possession. I thought ETH made a poor judgement keeping him but he's improved considerably looking back at some of his outings under Jose / Ole.

Witchking

Very small sample size but arguably a better defender than Cancelo or at least has the tools to be.

I don't watch City games (who does) and whilst he's not Trent, Cancelo looks defensively suspect in terms of positioning, reading of balls etc.
How did you figure that out without watching city?:houllier:

bringbackbebe

Another really good display. Amazing what 12 months, belief and better coaching can do to player in terms of development. We need to tie him down to a new contract quick.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Very good tonight. So much confidence and just needs to find that final pass more.
Yeah, but I think his crossing will only improve with more confidence. I think he definitely has the technique, just needs to trust himself more.

Ole'sattheWheel

I actually thought he didn’t play very well to be honest. Felt nervy whenever Perisic ran at him. He got done a few times but then Perisic would put a shit cross in.
He was okay but honestly don’t see why everyone is lauding that performance

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was excellent. Those progressive passes from deep into our attackers are really good. Just needs to learn final 3rd composure

Thom Merrilin

Very good today, although I fear he will always be somewhat vulnerable against top tier wingers. I'm looking forward to seeing how his partnership with Antony develops this season, both speaking Portuguese as their native language must help a lot.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
For me that’s his best performance for us. His moving of the ball and his positioning was excellent and like having an extra midfielder at times.

Doracle

Thought that was the best match I’ve seen him play last night. Use of the ball was top notch and he closed down his side really well. I genuinely didn’t think he was a premier league standard player until this season so kudos to him for really stepping up and starting to justify the faith the club has had in him.

GMoore23

Phenomenal last night. I honestly think we're sorted at RB for the next 7/8 years.

What a difference a top manager can make.

Abraxas

When he plays at his best it's like having another playmaker in the team. Those balls he knocks through the lines are just as incisive as the traditional right back curling one into the box from the byline. Probably more so because it suits our personnel.

My worry is just how much we have to use him otherwise our level drops substantially if we have to play AWB or Lindelof at right back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Showing his potential. Fantastic performance. He's only 23, shouldn't expect this level every week but it's games like this where you see the level he could reach, so you persist with him. Attitude seems great, excellent technique, great in the air, strong, loads of energy, good fitness record, improved massively defensively.... What's not to like. Learn how to cross and he'll be great!

Ollie Derbyshire

For me he just needs to stop over hitting every cross and he’d be a great RB, like others have said his defending is improving, just needs to stop leathering the ball every cross!

Status
Not open for further replies.