5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

kaku06

Always has a feck up in him. Always had always will like so many of our current players. Maguire, Lindelof, AWB, Onana, mctominay, Bruno etc like there are so many of them. How the hell we ended up with so many unreliable players? Unreliable players in defence unreliable players in midfield unreliable players in attack. Ineos has one hell of a job to rectify everything from top to bottom.

3KDré

He was one of our better players before that feck up.
Think he was struggling all game with Palmer. Didn't know whether to drift in with him or not. Doesn't help we've no one in midfield to track Palmers runs either.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, he's been our best player this season (bar is low, I know).

criticalanalysis

Yikes, the pitch forks are out. Our genuine POTY, been brilliant last 2-3 months and now he's 'always been that bad xyz'.

Gutting moment as he was trying so hard to get back. Even before that, I thought he was one of our better players. For the first goal, he actually did well to win the ball off Palmer, which would have set us off on the counter attack, only for Mainoo to a make bad pass and give it back to them when Dalot was already out of position.

The game is on ETH. Not even our best back four consisting of Brown/Rio/Vidic/Evra could defend against this many transitions, shots on goals etc. It's fecking pathetic.

NoPace

He looked confused out left the entire game. Not a huge deal, should really never be playing there.

gaffs

Looks out of sorts tonight. Skinned by Cole Palmer in the first half. Gave away the pen then went rushing forward with the ball at 3-3, gave it away, which led to the counter.

Not a left back.

CasaStreets

Weird from him today. His performances have been about doing lots of little things at a high level

Instead, his performance today was extremely volatile - the highest highs and the lowest lows

Brilliant cross/assist for Bruno. But then the penalty concession (albeit very soft) and the wild decision that ultimately led to the final corner

Perhaps that's what you risk when you put him on the left

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He has to play every single minute, in the most physically-demanding position on the pitch, half the time on his weaker side. He's been an absolute star this season, and I kind of refuse to hear any criticism of him.

In terms of squad support, he's doing the job of 3 players. When Poch was crushing it at Spurs, he made sure to always have 4 FBs, so that he coudl swap them in the 60th, because the position requires that much running.

Should be given half of Shaw's salary imo.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He has been great this season but was poor for most of the game against Chelsea with his passing, positioning and overall concentration.

JeffFromHK

He is the RB version of Maguire - good performance whole game but have a goal-conceding feck up too often.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
And people said he was a top player. He's just dumb and scores a good goal every 20 goals or sometimes has a good cross. We should seriously sell, his mistakes are costing us too often

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's not Cafu for sure, but arguably, he's one of the best (or not worse) player of the season.

Nevertheless, he struggled on the left where the marks are different from the right and shouldn't have conceded that foul at the end.

Also, I can't forgive the club in not having a backup left back. Both him and AWB where tired and unfortunately we had no one to replace.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If there is one player who has built up enough credit to cut him some slack it’s Dalot.

Playing on his weak side against Chelsea’s best player.

The penalty is incredibly harsh but it happens. Not his best game but his cross was excellent.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If there is one player who has built up enough credit to cut him some slack it’s Dalot.

Playing on his weak side against Chelsea’s best player.

The penalty is incredibly harsh but it happens. Not his best game but his cross was excellent.
He has absolutely zero goodwill. Too many mistakes, too often out of position, too many goals conceded due to him. He's a shit footballer and needs to be sold asap

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He has absolutely zero goodwill. Too many mistakes, too often out of position, too many goals conceded due to him. He's a shit footballer and needs to be sold asap
Dalot has arguably been our player of the season this season.

He’s clearly not a shit footballer. I’m curious how you think this is a serious opinion to hold?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

He’s clearly not a shit footballer. I’m curious how you think this is a serious opinion to hold?
Player of the season, ahead of Garnacho? If we would make a poll, he would most likely not even be in the top 5

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

That's not the ringing endorsement people seem to think it is.

RedIan

The last two goals were on him but he looked spent. Playing out of position and too many forward runs then chasing back. His game management is poor.
A complete lack of options on the bench to replace him killed us.
Hes had a good season so i can forgive.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think saying he is painfully average is a bit harsh, he is in with a good shout of being our player of the year. At right back he is a very good player, a lot better than I once gave him credit for.
How is he people's player of the season though? I've seen the vast majority of games this season and it seems like a lazy pick as barely anyone has stood out...

renatosanches85

Yeah I can see plenty of posters saying it but I’m surprised. Granted, he’s been better this season but not top quality. I guess it just shows how far our standards have fallen that people think Dalot is top level. Maybe I need to set my expectations lower.
No he’s not top quality, and you’re right our standards have dropped. He is in contention for POTY though, that was my original point. If we were able to get a high level right back I think Dalot can get even better, and be a very good squad option.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Him and/or Garnacho yeah.

Which 4 other players would you put ahead of Dalot then?
Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund. As for the 2nd season, I also put Onana before him and I thought Shaw, Martinez and Maguire (although injured often) were the better defenders too.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund. As for the 2nd season, I also put Onana before him and I thought Shaw, Martinez and Maguire (although injured often) were the better defenders too.
So for our player of the season you’d put all the youngsters ahead of him.

And also Shaw (36%) Maguire (48%) and Martinez (22%).

(xx%) = % PL Mins Played

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely better than being worst of the worst or mid of the worst? :lol:
Imagine being the worst player in this squad this season, almost impressive.
True :lol: I certainly don’t think there are 5 players better than him this season in our squad.
Would agree with that yeah.
'Least shit player of the year' would be a more apt name for the award.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The great assist for our 2nd goal was marred by the last 2-3 minutes from him. He wasn't playing his favoured position so I can cut him some slack.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

(xx%) = % PL Mins Played
Quality over quantity and when they played they were all much better and less error prone.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Reading this thread and some others, it genuinely feels like most posters wait for bad things to happen so they can finally slate a player they dont like.

He has been terrific this season. Played almost every minute, played right back and left back. Yes, it was a dumb mistake but mistakes happen. It doesn't shape his season and the improvements he has made. Some of you need to get a grip. You're weird.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was absolute gash to be honest, standard Antony shit... then there was a 10/15 minute spell in the second half where he looked like a genuine, threatening world beater... absoutely rinsed Cucha then did THAT pass.

Unfortunately after that pass I think he then also thought he was a genuine, threatening world beater.... and then was back to being shit.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Reading this thread and some others, it genuinely feels like most posters wait for bad things to happen so they can finally slate a player they dont like.

He has been terrific this season. Played almost every minute, played right back and left back. Yes, it was a dumb mistake but mistakes happen. It doesn't shape his season and the improvements he has made. Some of you need to get a grip. You're weird.
+1 every word

mu4c_20le

(xx%) = % PL Mins Played
Well, yeah. Our season is being carried by the youngsters, Garnacho especially.

Dalot is having probably the best season of his own career, its very good by his own standards. But no where near the best in the team.

GueRed

He's been one of our best players this season.

IF (big if) he can find some consistency in his game he'll be top right-back IMO

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
And people said he was a top player. He's just dumb and scores a good goal every 20 goals or sometimes has a good cross. We should seriously sell, his mistakes are costing us too often
Player of the season, ahead of Garnacho? If we would make a poll, he would most likely not even be in the top 5
Feck me, what absolutely terrible posts here. Selling Dalot, are you having a laugh. He's our only defender who can stay fit. Not in top 5 for POTS?! Again, what are you smokin

Schmeichels pinky

I get that you need to let out steam and shout and moan at the tv or in the stadium. What I do t get is the need to throw up in an online forum or social media. At least the time it takes to write instead of just saying things ought to make people think a little before posting and consider if they contribute with anything meaningful to the conversation or not.

One bad game doesn’t change the fact that Dalot has been one of our most consistent and important players this season. Just as Anthony’s two decent performances don’t define his season, this game shouldn’t define Dalot’s.

We need a manager with a clear playing style and plan who has the backing from the owners to implement it. Players make mistakes all the time, but in a well functioning team and system silly mistakes will rarely happen - and when they do they will often not matter as much.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

My thought exactly.

Robbie Boy

This.