Dishonoured

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finally got a decent gaming laptop so i'm playing through my steam library and this was top of the list of games i was waiting to play. All i have to say is i forgot how bloody good PC gaming is, fantastic fun.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
My proudest platinum trophy

Whole game without alerting anyone or killing anyone was a biatch

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
My proudest platinum trophy

Whole game without alerting anyone or killing anyone was a biatch
If that is what was required to get a platinum trophy then it's a perfect example of why trophies suck. I have no idea why anyone would want to do this on a game which can be so much fun.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If that is what was required to get a platinum trophy then it's a perfect example of why trophies suck. I have no idea why anyone would want to do this on a game which can be so much fun.
I played through the game more than once.

I love trophies, it gives more lifespan to a game. I wouldnt have gone back to it a 2nd or 3rd time if not for the trophies

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Dishonoured was the sort of game that demanded multiple play throughs.

I did the masquerade party and whore house level a few times because there were so interesting ways to approach them.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Decent game. A bit too easy and sometimes disjointed, but also seemed to have better choices than the Deus Ex sequel.

Anyone new to it, turn off everything like objective markers to really enjoy it first time through.

Redo91

Thought it was a pretty decent game and would recommend it. I usually take the stealthy approach where it's available but it just seemed like even if I was being extra careful not to alert anyone each mission ended up in an all guns blazing bloodbath! :lol:

I found the whore house mission mentioned above particularly difficult.

Decent game. A bit too easy and sometimes disjointed, but also seemed to have better choices than the Deus Ex sequel.

Anyone new to it, turn off everything like objective markers to really enjoy it first time through.
Planning on playing this in the next few days. Is this linked in any way to the first (especially in terms of the storyline)?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Planning on playing this in the next few days. Is this linked in any way to the first (especially in terms of the storyline)?
It's actually a prequel (if you're talking about Human Revolution, and not the handheld title). I only played Deus Ex: Human Revolution and think the story holds perfectly on it's own. There's some background lore, from what I understand, that is common to both titles (corporations, groups of people, etc) but in no way relevant to the main story.

That said, whenever I enter into a series of games without playing the first titles I always read the plot synopsis on wiki, if it sounds like you're supposed to know something already. Not needed to enjoy this game at all though.

Redo91

It's actually a prequel (if you're talking about Human Revolution, and not the handheld title). I only played Deus Ex: Human Revolution and think the story holds perfectly on it's own. There's some background lore, from what I understand, that is common to both titles (corporations, groups of people, etc) but in no way relevant to the main story.

That said, whenever I enter into a series of games without playing the first titles I always read the plot synopsis on wiki, if it sounds like you're supposed to know something already. Not needed to enjoy this game at all though.
Cheers! :) Looks like it got good reviews so looking forward to playing it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I was gonna start a low chaos game when my PS3 had that overheat problem and died on me last week.

They don't make consoles like they used to. I used to spend 7-8 playing Sonic on the Megadrive everyday and it never died on me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Completed this today. Decent game, obvious twist was obvious but enjoyed it nonetheless. The settings in the last few missions reminded me of Bioshock Infinite quite a bit. Granny Rags was great.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Dishonoured is one of the only games I've thoroughly enjoyed playing completely in stealth mode. Really fun.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Me too.

Samuel: "Get off the boat Corvo".

Okay. Dead.
:lol:

Just finished this game - made it my mission to kill every hostile possible. Great fun. Ending was poor, though. Going to go stealth next time.

When Samuel first told me to get off his boat, and then alerted the guards with the gunshot, I paused it and thought about killing him before deciding to let him go.

Is the bit where you choose whether to use Piero's pylon to kill instead of KO the defining point in whether you're branded evil? Felt like that's the point when I went from hero to villain.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Did any of you play through the DLC?

If so, is The Knife Of Dunwall locked Master Assassin level hard enough to make it worthwhile playing through?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
What a game this was... One of my all-time favourite games.

I hope to heaven they make Dishonoured II - has there been any word on this? Or further downloadable content?

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
What a game this was... One of my all-time favourite games.

I hope to heaven they make Dishonoured II - has there been any word on this? Or further downloadable content?
Not one of my all time favourites, but it's definitely up there. Great gameplay mechanics, good graphics, enjoyable missions, good story...you get the point. Brilliant game.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Not one of my all time favourites, but it's definitely up there. Great gameplay mechanics, good graphics, enjoyable missions, good story...you get the point. Brilliant game.
I can agree with that. It was such an entertaining game I thought, I loved everything about it but I did wish it was longer.

FWIW - my other favourites are Age of Empires II (expansion), the Warcraft Series, Heroes of Might and Magic III (Armageddon's Blade), Dishonoured, Morrowind III the Elder Scrolls and Skyrim.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I can agree with that. It was such an entertaining game I thought, I loved everything about it but I did wish it was longer.

FWIW - my other favourites are Age of Empires II (expansion), the Warcraft Series, Heroes of Might and Magic III (Armageddon's Blade), Dishonoured, Morrowind III the Elder Scrolls and Skyrim.
Haven't played Age of Empires II, is it worth playing? AoE III however was one of my favourite games when I was younger.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Haven't played Age of Empires II, is it worth playing? AoE III however was one of my favourite games when I was younger.
I've never really played AoE III so can't compare the two, but played the hell out of AoE II and more specifically the expansion (the Conquerors). I used to play it during my teen years and could even start playing again now without missing a beat.

I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy AoE II though if you enjoyed AoE III. I enjoyed multiplayer the most, but that would probably be extremely hard to arrange these days.

Edit: fun fact for the day - I used AoE II as a reference for all of my Year 8 History assignments.

Another fun fact for the day - my brothers used CoD II (I think it was) for a few High School History projects. Their teacher was so impressed that he actually went out and bought the game!

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I bet he doesn't play it for about 3 years anyway

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
The Boy Himself?

Wow, has he been so shit lately his nicks been demoted?