g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Dishonoured

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I just went back to this, clicked on missions and saw that I didn't even play any of the DLC yet. fecking awesome! That's my night settled.

Edit - Sheeeeeeit, forgot we played Ludogoretz in the CL tonight aswell! Double whammy!

It feels like an early Christmas.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I just went back to this, clicked on missions and saw that I didn't even play any of the DLC yet. fecking awesome! That's my night settled.

Edit - Sheeeeeeit, forgot we played Ludogoretz in the CL tonight aswell! Double whammy!

It feels like an early Christmas.
How did you find the DLC?

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
How did you find the DLC?
I'm going to start it now, have only played about 5 minutes of it. Just entered the Rothwild Slaughterhouse. That female assassin companion who appears out of nowhere keeps scaring the shit out of me.

So far it was great, just like the game.

Revan

Assumptionman
Started it tonight. Did just the first mission, and did it quite badly (high chaos).

Stealth looks a bit less natural than in the likes of DX:HR, hopefully I'll be better on the next missions.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Started it tonight. Did just the first mission, and did it quite badly (high chaos).

Stealth looks a bit less natural than in the likes of DX:HR, hopefully I'll be better on the next missions.
You will absolutely love that game, it's fantastic.

Good DLC too if you're done with the main and are looking for a few more hours in this world.

Revan

Assumptionman
You will absolutely love that game, it's fantastic.
The setting looks quite cool.

Does killing enemies affect anything (for the bad), bar not getting some pointless achievement?

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
The setting looks quite cool.

Does killing enemies affect anything (for the bad), bar not getting some pointless achievement?
Just play as you want, I always play a game how I feel at that moment. Don't know or care if it affects anything. I usually play stealthy but also go on some rampages when I want more action.

Revan

Assumptionman
The game gets "darker" based on how many people you kill.

Great game.
Cool. I guess I have to avoid killing many peoples then.

I prefer stealth anyway, hopefully I'll learn how to do it efficiently in this game.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

I prefer stealth anyway, hopefully I'll learn how to do it efficiently in this game.
It's a great feeling when you complete a section without getting detected or killing anyone. I've only replayed certain missions that way, I should replay the whole game at some point.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

As with most games these days, don't level up too much. I haven't tried many mods, but look for the fov trick to make it more bearable than the console versions on that front!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I'll give a tip that Redlambs gave to me when I first got the game, and that is to turn off the objective markers. I'm really glad I played the game without those.

Revan

Assumptionman
Just finished it. It lasted 13-14 hours, didn't do everything though (didn't collect all the runes).

I liked the game, the setting was very nice. The gameplay was great, very open-ended, a ton of things to do and every mission was able to be done in a few different ways. I went for low chaos (bar the first mission when I killed a lot and got high chaos) so in the end I got the good ending.

Generally in the first few levels I explited roofs, while later I did that but also posession was great when I was in delicate situations.

I didn't like AI, in fact I thought that it was poor. Even ancient games like Deus Ex or System Shock 2 have better AI, IMO. I thought that the story was very mediocre. THe 'twist' was predictable.

I'll put the game at around same level as Human Revolution but quite below BioShock/System Shock 2, and way below Deus Ex. Still a great game, and I am happy that I played it. 8/10

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Just finished it. It lasted 13-14 hours, didn't do everything though (didn't collect all the runes).

I liked the game, the setting was very nice. The gameplay was great, very open-ended, a ton of things to do and every mission was able to be done in a few different ways. I went for low chaos (bar the first mission when I killed a lot and got high chaos) so in the end I got the good ending.

Generally in the first few levels I explited roofs, while later I did that but also posession was great when I was in delicate situations.

I didn't like AI, in fact I thought that it was poor. Even ancient games like Deus Ex or System Shock 2 have better AI, IMO. I thought that the story was very mediocre. THe 'twist' was predictable.

I'll put the game at around same level as Human Revolution but quite below BioShock/System Shock 2, and way below Deus Ex. Still a great game, and I am happy that I played it. 8/10
Good review. I really enjoyed the game - loved the setting and loved the controls and special powers.

The only thing I wish they included was the option to restart the story with all of your powers intact - part of the fun of these type of games is using your different powers and finding new ways of achieving the objective. It's a shame on the second playthrough that you are again limited to what you can develop and enhance.

Revan

Assumptionman
This blew my mind, the level of skill involved is ridiculous to me
Batshit crazy. The funniest moments were when he killed a guard with his own bullet (by slowing time and possessing him and then going in the bullet's path) and when he scared a guard who 'made suicide'.

He has posted also other levels.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Batshit crazy. The funniest moments were when he killed a guard with his own bullet (by slowing time and possessing him and then going in the bullet's path) and when he scared a guard who 'made suicide'.

He has posted also other levels.
Yes he has. Just by watching this video, I discovered so many new ways of killing I never even thought of once.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

harsh on the story. Thought it was good

But it was some of the characters in the game that made it great

the AI wasnt bad was it? I played through it a couple of times to platinum it and never found too much wrong with the AI

Revan

Assumptionman
harsh on the story. Thought it was good

But it was some of the characters in the game that made it great

the AI wasnt bad was it? I played through it a couple of times to platinum it and never found too much wrong with the AI
I really thought that the story was minimal, and really predictable. They should hae given Corvo more time with Emily (like what BioShock Infinite did).

The AI was bad, IMO. It is quite annoying how these aspects of the game has stagnated since late nineties. On Dishonored I thought that it was worse than usual. Basically, as long as you were on the roofs, the guards weren't able to see you (even if you were 2m above them and very near them). Also, if they see you but you quickly change their position they will always say 'probably just the rats' or something like that. The worst was in the second level when I find a hole and strangled a guard then went there. They saw me but some moments later the alarm sign got off, and so I continued doing this until I strangled all of them.

Anyway, the gameplay compensates for these 'little' things. It was a really great gameplay with tons of options. I heard a comment that in that aspect, it out-Bioshcoked BioShock, and I might agree with it. BioShock though had a way better story and settings.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah the A.I is pretty terrible.

Did you turn off the waypoints Revan?
Yep. It was still far more easy to find where do you need to go than in the likes of SS2/DX.

About the video gaming AI, any idea why on Earth there haven't been even a slim upgrade for almost 20 years?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yep. It was still far more easy to find where do you need to go than in the likes of SS2/DX.

About the video gaming AI, any idea why on Earth there haven't been even a slim upgrade for almost 20 years?
Yeah, they simply don't want to put more money in it. Or physics either for that matter.

Halo 1 was the last big leap, and even then they watered it down for later games in the series, so when no one cared it kind of sealed the fate of A.I to be limited to, rarely used properly, licensed engines.