Dispatches - Comedian exposé special

fergieisold

Well I'm not sure of the wisdom of taking one piece of anecdotal evidence as proof.

Things do seem to be improving and it's probably not all officers who aren't sympathetic and I don't think it's that they're aren't following up on all of the cases.

However, there's still seems to be an intensivity in how cases are dealt with or an impression given to people reporting these crimes by some officers that it isn't being taken seriously.

The authors of the survey do say that there has been a more positive experience in the past 6 months but doesnt say by how much.
Hopefully that trend continues. I’d hope nothing like what I heard 15 years ago in Victoria park student area happens now. We were walking in a group and a police van was patrolling - we assumed that because of the reported rape in the area it was because of that.

We asked the police in the van and they didn’t know anything about it and replied “you sure she wasn’t just drunk?”.

still sticks in my mind to this day that.

Boycott

Something hideously smug about that.

"Questioning the information you've been presented"

This is a man who was happy two weeks ago to do a video off the back of a convicted con man telling Tucker Carlson that he had gay sex and drug binges with Barack Obama.

There's evidence directly in the LA case that Russell Brand raped a woman. Medical notes and texts. There waa no evidence in the Obama claim.

LARulz

I wonder how people like Jonathan Ross, Jimmy Carr, Noel Fielding etc. feel about him

They all seemed close to him and in the last few years he went crazy and now he is off the deep end

Maroon Lucifer

These people love men who speak confidently. And if they don't understand the words they using? That's just the cherry on top. They are all in!

Balljy

The only thing that made a bit of sense in that ramble was the early section on the online safety bill (which is an absolute joke). He mentioned that without context pretending it has a relationship to the allegations, which it doesn't.

Woodzy

More people should be talking about how infrequently he blinks, creepy fecker.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Dude is nuts....

"Follow, me on rumble, please, to stay free, plus its my only remaining revenue stream, but that's definitely not the reason, freedom.

Please, please follow me on rumble, where we'll be discussing, well, basically any triggering topic we can think of, for freedom.

We definitely won't be discussing me being a bit of a creep and rapey as hell.... BIG PHARMA, DEEP STATE, CENSORSHIP!!!!

Please follow me on rumble!

Freedom!"

youngrell

"Follow, me on rumble, please, to stay free, plus its my only remaining revenue stream, but that's definitely not the reason, freedom.

Please, please follow me on rumble, where we'll be discussing, well, basically any triggering topic we can think of, for freedom.

We definitely won't be discussing me being a bit of a creep and rapey as hell.... BIG PHARMA, DEEP STATE, CENSORSHIP!!!!

Please follow me on rumble!

Freedom!"
:lol: So true. I just uploaded this video to YouTube for free without any censorship but the other place where I did the same will still pay me.

fergieisold

Dude is nuts....

I mean, he’s right about a lot of the things government and media are trying to do to control the narrative - but what that’s got to do with allegations against him of rape and sexual assault I have no idea!

He’s basically just trying to get his ‘awakening wonders’ to look in a different direction. Classic manipulation.

GueRed

If you are judging someone by the friends they keep, then this is quite some list..."On 16 September 2023, Channel 4 aired a documentary entitled Russell Brand: In Plain Sight which catalogued the allegations against Brand... Elon Musk, Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan Tate, Tucker Carlson, Laurence Fox, Tommy Robinson, Alex Jones, and Michael Barrymore have defended Brand."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Brand
Brand - A Right Charmer

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I mean, he’s right about a lot of the things government and media are trying to do to control the narrative - but what that’s got to do with allegations against him of rape and sexual assault I have no idea!

He’s basically just trying to get his ‘awakening wonders’ to look in a different direction. Classic manipulation.
Like?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Look, if you want to know what's really going on with the global elite, big pharma, George Soros, and the plandemic, all you need to do subscribe to Russell's rumble account for $5 a month.

Or maybe you're just happy to remain among the sheeple, I dunno.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
The online safety bill has been widely criticised - how valid the concerns are I don’t know.
I must be missing something. It seems like the example you give of him being right is something you admit you don't even know is valid.

Halftrack

I like how you're always there to hand it to the worst people.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The online safety bill has been widely criticised - how valid the concerns are I don’t know.
The online safety bill is holding social media companies to account when they host hate material that could influence kids etc. (at least that's my interpretation of it). How does that relate to Brand and the rape claims?

fergieisold

I like how you're always there to hand it to the worst people.
Eh?

The online safety bill is holding social media companies to account when they host hate material that could influence kids etc. (at least that's my interpretation of it). How does that relate to Brand and the rape claims?
My original post stated that I have no idea what that has to do with the accusations against him. I also called it manipulation.

However the government has massively over reached by requesting social media platforms de monetise his content. I find that quite disturbing in terms of freedom. Take an inch and all that!

Withnail

Eh?

My original post stated that I have no idea what that has to do with the accusations against him. I also called it manipulation.

However the government has massively over reached by requesting social media platforms de monetise his content. I find that quite disturbing in terms of freedom. Take an inch and all that!
Is that what happened or is it just what Brand is claiming happened?

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Eh?

Believe his YouTube demonetization was made by the company, which is of course American. So not sure what he’s alluding to.

fergieisold

Is that what happened or is it just what Brand is claiming happened?
Im not totally certain - but Rumble seem to have said they did receive ‘questions’ from the UK government about whether Brand was able to monetise his content. Same with TikTok.

I mean, all of this is another conversation entirely, which he’s using to try and deflect from the allegations against him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just been to see an Irish comedian (David O’Doherty) who has been pretty outspoken about the whole “creeps in comedy” scene and he said he’s had relentless legal threats. Including a solicitor’s letter this week. Must be so crazy earning a living when you know so many of your colleagues are evil cnuts and you can’t say anything about it.

Withnail

Nah it's real. Rumble made a statement about.

Pretty crazy
Yeah I've had a read and they said a select committee sent them a letter asking them some questions about his ability to monetise. It's not exactly the same thing but I'm not sure it's something I'd be happy about government reps getting involved in.

Tarrou

Yeah I've had a read and they said a select committee sent them a letter asking them some questions about his ability to monetise. It's not exactly the same thing but I'm not sure it's something I'd be happy about the government getting involved in.
I thought they made it pretty clear that is what happened

edit: sorry didn't see the gov letter underneath. I see what you mean.

I think this is awful from the UK government, to be honest. They've no business getting involved in that.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I thought they made it pretty clear that is what happened

edit: sorry didn't see the gov letter underneath. I see what you mean.

I think this is awful from the UK government, to be honest. They've no business getting involved in that.
Every platform has some standards. In Rumble’s case, they are obviously much broader but even they have limits to what people can post, which is why the free speech argument is a bit disingenuous.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Just been to see an Irish comedian (David O’Doherty) who has been pretty outspoken about the whole “creeps in comedy” scene and he said he’s had relentless legal threats. Including a solicitor’s letter this week. Must be so crazy earning a living when you know so many of your colleagues are evil cnuts and you can’t say anything about it.
Ironic, seeing as comedians who get pulled over the targets of their jokes often hide behind the 'it's not real, I just say stuff to make people laugh' defence. If they can get away with that when they're denigrating trans people, surely other comedians can pull the same trick when they're aiming thinly disguised criticisms at dodgy cnuts?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ironic, seeing as comedians who get pulled over the targets of their jokes often hide behind the 'it's not real, I just say stuff to make people laugh' defence. If they can get away with that when they're denigrating trans people, surely other comedians can pull the same trick when they're aiming thinly disguised criticisms at dodgy cnuts?
Presumably because you can’t be charged with slander for making generalised jokes about trans people?

I don’t think this guy was making jokes about Russel Brand anyway. He was being vocal on Twitter about how dodgy the whole comedy culture is and how badly male comics treat women. Must have got a bit close to identifying someone.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Presumably because you can’t be charged with slander for making generalised jokes about trans people?

I don’t think this guy was making jokes about Russel Brand anyway. He was being vocal on Twitter about how dodgy the whole comedy culture is and how badly male comics treat women. Must have got a bit close to identifying someone.
So much for that freedom of speech that Brand's new following also keep dribbling about.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
So much for that freedom of speech that Brand's new following also keep dribbling about.
Exactly my point. You're just much more concise! Feels like standup is one of the few places where the limits to free speech can be tested. I mean, didn't Hannibal Buress basically out Cosby?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Exactly my point. You're just much more concise! Feels like standup is one of the few places where the limits to free speech can be tested. I mean, didn't Hannibal Buress basically out Cosby?
It further shows what Brand really is. The fact he's trying to silence people even talking about the subject, especially stand ups/comedians, shows more than anything else why this isn't a fireless smoke situation.