Disrespecting the class of 92

acnumber9

Nothing more snide than Neville and Scholes talking on Pogba and Martial either for that matter
And that’s what it’s about ultimately. People’s little heroes didn’t get glowing praise.

Shiva87

They are players who played for the club. This gave their life stuff is silly. They didn't do it for free. I'm not questioning their love for the club or their right to an opinion, but if they are going to voice their opinion to the world, and use their position as pundits to air it rather than keep it as a personal opinion, then it and they are there to be criticised for it. Particularly if it is a stupid opinion. In Scholes's case on at least one occasion our manager has had to come out and defend one of our players from his personal criticisms. Neville literally just makes stuff up about how terrible the club is, just so he can moan about it. They've both used their jobs to do this rather than just keep their opinions as their own. I can understand why they would say what they have said but I think it's massively unrealistic to suggest no one should or will criticise them for it.

Why do you feel you have to choose who take out of Zlatan and the class of 92? Zlatan is entitled to an opinion and you are entitled to not have to choose between him and the class of 92 just because it differs from theirs. He isn't less entitled to one just because he played for the club for less time. As someone who spent 18 months at the club listening to the likes of Neville and Scholes take pops at it and the players constantly, I think his annoyance is quite easy to understand, even if you agree with everything Neville and Scholes say. Imagine going to work and trying your hardest every day, only for some retired blokes in suits who have no clue what actually goes on at your work to keep criticising you week after week.

Nowt to do with the point but I do also find this "class of 92" stuff a bit cringey. They aren't a brand or a club in their own right. They are players who played for us. I hold them in high regard as players and always will, as they're the players I grew up watching, but I don't need to know about how many hotels or other football clubs they own, or build some kind of shrine to them.
I won't criticize Zlatan for his opinion - but I won't hold it against Scholes or Neville either.

Getting paid doesn't mean that one doesn't think that they have given to an organisation. Yes, it was their job - but they were also loyal and no one can doubt that they gave it everything during their playing careers.

Unfortunately, they've had to see their club fail for 5-6 years (much like us fans) - and they've had stupid things to say. I'm not saying they are right - but I'll cut them a lot of slack on this given their past.

Ludens the Red

Ah yes, the known agenda Bollocks people like you spout at people to try and validate your opinion and make yourself feel superior. A well known Red Cafe trait.
Up there with the classic "we're not turning to shit, Fergie has set us up for greatness for years to come. Stop knee jerking" malarkey that was spouted around here between 2011 and 2013

Fact is the documentary tried to airbrush Denis Irwin out and that was said about Phil Neville being behind Ryan Giggs. It's not an agenda, it's a fact that I am stating. It's not even an opinion, it's there for all to see and hear :D

The agenda here is your top red stance. That's fine, knock yourself out but, don't try and paint other people as liars as you do.

It's not cool, pal and it reflects badly on you. :( We all want what is best for you. I don't want or need your help pal, we're here to help you through this :(:cool:
You have an agenda against this group of players. It’s a fact, ive seen in other threads.
These Denis Irwin ramblings are a testament to that. You’ve made a mountain out of a molehill based on a 10 second throw off comment in a 100 minute documentary. Selectively ignoring some of the other things said on Phil Neville’s position in the documentary.

Last edited:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
You have an agenda against this group of players. It’s a fact, ive seen in other threads.
These Denis Irwin ramblings are a testament to that. You’ve made a mountain out of a molehill based on a 10 second throw off comment in a 100 minute documentary. Selectively ignoring some of the other things said on Phil Neville’s position in the documentary.
No agenda here with me pal.

Your agenda is clear though. Be a "top red" and try and drag posters like myself down into the gutter.

Horrible antics, horrible scenes altogether and all on a Friday?! :eek: I'm sorry but, I need a moment :(

StrettyEnder07

You said
"Ha jesus chill the f**k out, don't bother me where people are from if they make the effort to go to games.

What I can't stand is some muppet who sits in his bedroom, keyboard warrioring the hell out of forums and Twitter, slagging off every man and his dog who have done great things for United, saying his he is massive United fan."

If that's not having a dig at those who don't go to OT, then I don't know what is, lad.
You do realise there is a bit of a difference between a social media troll just tearing into anything and everything about the club they supposedly support and a genuine fan from wherever who genuinely can't get to a game don't you genius, if not, wow.

So gonna go with..........you don't know what is, lad

StrettyEnder07

+5 Top red points. You’ve earned them lad :devil:
Cheers, appreciate them, will put them towards the next ballot application, hopefully they should help!

Thanks lad, always good getting top red points for not hating our past legends, takes a lot of willpower not to jump on the I HATE SCHOLES bandwagon haha

StrettyEnder07

Seriously though.

G Nev comes across as an idiot with his punditry. He says some strange things about us, and his mantra seems to be back the manager, and everything else is secondary to that, even when rational thought is contrary to his belief. It’s not limited to us though. If I remember correctly he was a staunch backer of Wenger as well even in his last days. His Pogba comments were way out of line.

Scholes is an interesting one. He’s often come out in strong criticism of us under Vangle and Mourinho, and honestly, I’ve struggled to disagree with the things that he’s said. Most times when he’s spoken I’ve agreed with what he said. I disagreed with his comments about Pogba in the past, but I understand where they came from. Scholes was (pretty much) a one of a kind midfielder that could do everything. I can see why he might want the same from the most talented midfielder we’ve had since him, so I can forgive those comments.

Phil Neville, well, I would be lying if I said I ever paid much attention to what he has said in the past.

Ultimately though, there’s nothing wrong with these players giving their opinions on us, even if they’re negative. That’s their job, whether they actually feel that way or they’re just trying to be controversial. On the other hand, there’s also nothing disrespectful about our fans saying their views are stupid. G Nev has been the definition of an idiot with respect to United over the last year or so.

We need to separate our relationship with the CO92 from what it was when they were players, to what it is now with them as football pundits. They aren’t obligated to always say nice things, and we aren’t obligated to deify them and not criticize them or the things they say.
Actually agree with all of this, it's not people disagreeing with what they say, half of the stuff Scholes, Keane, both Nevilles' come out with I disagree with or seems overly harsh or whatever.

Issue I have is so called fans and the absolute hate and abuse, difference between thinking "sake Neville your being a bit of a bell saying that" and the anger, hate, abuse they get just because they are not tongue f**king United 24/7.

Whether you disagree with them or not for what they say while being a pundit, our fans should always have respect for them for what they gave the club, achieved at the club, it should not be forgotten and turned into abuse simply because they have slagged someone off or whatever.

The people who do this are the clowns on Twitter etc., who actually have no interest in United, they just want to act like fans, abuse as much as possible to gain as many likes/retweets as possible.

These are the issues I have, not like the other lad got all upset about saying I was tearing into anyone who doesn't go to a game haha has absolutely sod all to do with that.

Phil Nevilles' Dream United team next season vs Matt Hollands'.
Phils' team:

------------DDG------------
Dalot--Varane--Lindelof--Shaw
-----------Dier---------------
--Coutinho------Pogba------
Bale----------------Martial
--------Rashford--------
Matt's team:
------------DDG--------
Dalot--Koulibaly--Varane--Shaw
-------Kante---Pogba
Sancho-------------Martial---
------Griezmann------
-------------Rashford-----

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
There was always something strange about Rhodri supposedly having no idea his wife was having an affair with his brother. He made a ton of money exploiting his own misery in the tabloids.

I`ve always thought there was something sus about this whole didn`t have a clue from Rhodri. Unless his IQ is moronic level. And yes, I think the word `despicable` is applicable to more serious actions than 2 consenting adults having a secret relationship that certainly can`t be admired in any way but is still their choice.
If both him and his wife had busy lives, his wife was a real estate merchant, it's no so difficult to hide an affair. Anyway I don't think it's fair to have a go at Rhodri, because his superstar brother shagged his wife for 8 years. If he can make some money and get publicity from it, while having a dig at his brother i'm all for it.

It's not uncommon for superstar athletes to take advantage of the fact that they can shag almost every bird they want and when they want. It's just that if Ryan wanted to cheat on his wife, which I also think he did with imogen Thomas, it so incredibly scummy to do with your brothers wife while his brother has always been in his shadow.

Ryan Giggs is my favourite united player of all time. Ryan Giggs as a person, does not inspire me much, but apart from the affair and all that, he might still be nice guy flaws and all.

clarkydaz

Phils' team:

--------Rashford--------
Matt's team:
------------DDG--------
-------Kante---Pogba
------Griezmann------

Coutinho and Bale. Good grief Phil...

lsd

The Oracle
Loads of people here disrespect Robbie Savage...

Keith Gillespie is never remembered :(

I don't think Gillespie was in the class of 92 although neither were Scholes and Phil I suppose.
Edit

Keith was in 92 so you are right . That was some team add in Adrian Doherty and Ben Thornley as well . Makes you wonder why they have to pretend Scholes was there too

Savage has had a good career and I suppose he should be remembered for his time here same for Michael Gray .

ryansgirl

If both him and his wife had busy lives, his wife was a real estate merchant, it's no so difficult to hide an affair. Anyway I don't think it's fair to have a go at Rhodri, because his superstar brother shagged his wife for 8 years. If he can make some money and get publicity from it, while having a dig at his brother i'm all for it.

It's not uncommon for superstar athletes to take advantage of the fact that they can shag almost every bird they want and when they want. It's just that if Ryan wanted to cheat on his wife, which I also think he did with imogen Thomas, it so incredibly scummy to do with your brothers wife while his brother has always been in his shadow.

Ryan Giggs is my favourite united player of all time. Ryan Giggs as a person, does not inspire me much, but apart from the affair and all that, he might still be nice guy flaws and all.
You'd better watch out on the caf - such a reasonable opinion could get you into deep trouble.............

I love Giggsy but yes, that prolonged episode was not one of his finer extended-over-8-years moments. Especially given he could have still been footloose and fancy free instead of marrying and could have had more than a few options re women but chose to cheat on his own wife and humiliate his brother in doing so. I just think Rhodri is thick - and when he was younger he was a troubled boy who didn't seem at all bright.

Another regrettable thing about Ryan's actions is the fact he seems to have repeated his father's patterns with his mother. It seems his father was a great rugby player, not so great a husband and dad to his lads. Ryan mentioned years ago problems such as Rhodri's behavior and that of his dad. Sadly he cheated on his wife with his brother's wife even when he had his own children. I'm sure they'll find it confusing and upsetting when they know.

However, the posters here who refer to it all as some kind of unspeakable human act that automatically subtracts every other quality of Ryan's are well over the top. If they reserved that moral outrage for the politicians they elect, for one, it would be far more relevant, useful and indeed ethical.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
You'd better watch out on the caf - such a reasonable opinion could get you into deep trouble.............

I love Giggsy but yes, that prolonged episode was not one of his finer extended-over-8-years moments. Especially given he could have still been footloose and fancy free instead of marrying and could have had more than a few options re women but chose to cheat on his own wife and humiliate his brother in doing so. I just think Rhodri is thick - and when he was younger he was a troubled boy who didn't seem at all bright.

Another regrettable thing about Ryan's actions is the fact he seems to have repeated his father's patterns with his mother. It seems his father was a great rugby player, not so great a husband and dad to his lads. Ryan mentioned years ago problems such as Rhodri's behavior and that of his dad. Sadly he cheated on his wife with his brother's wife even when he had his own children. I'm sure they'll find it confusing and upsetting when they know.

However, the posters here who refer to it all as some kind of unspeakable human act that automatically subtracts every other quality of Ryan's are well over the top. If they reserved that moral outrage for the politicians they elect, for one, it would be far more relevant, useful and indeed ethical.
I agree. People have are shades of grey. Until the news of the affair become public, Ryan Giggs was Mr. Man United outside the pitch and an ambassador of the club. Both dignified on and off it. Like I said, his affair is inexcusable, but he might still have done hundreds or thousands or other deeds of pitch. Like I said, Giggs used to be role model pro.

promisedlanchiao

• Scholes failed as a manager and has had nothing positive to say about the club.
  • Giggs boned his brothers wife
  • Neville has lost all common sense
  • The worse Neville is a sexist
Only Nicky and Beckham are decent. Zlatan was right.

TRUERED89

• Scholes failed as a manager and has had nothing positive to say about the club.
  • Giggs boned his brothers wife
  • Neville has lost all common sense
  • The worse Neville is a sexist
Only Nicky and Beckham are decent. Zlatan was right.
Scholes is a fan just like us who gave 20+ years to the club, most of us as "fans" haven't had anything positive to say in 6 years either. So why should Scholes sugar coat things when the progress/football has been absolute shite! and the managers have been totally incompetent. As Scholes said himself once on BT Sport, there's standards that have been set for 20+ years and they have been set for a reason. seeing garbage every week for 6 years is just unacceptable, and personally I have no issue with what Scholes has ever said about United. He's frustrated and disappointed just like the rest of us.

tomaldinho1

Phils' team:

--------Rashford--------
Matt's team:
------------DDG--------
-------Kante---Pogba
------Griezmann------

It amazes me how bad Phil Neville is at this...