Music DMX suffers overdose | Passed away

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's unfortunate but I've expected this to happen due to history of addiction. He had a rough childhood and those problems were never worked out in his adult life which has fuelled his addiction and law-breaking.

It's sad because he could have very much pushed himself to the level of superstar like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Eminem, Snoop etc. reached but fell off the rails after about 2004.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's unfortunate but I've expected this to happen due to history of addiction. He had a rough childhood and those problems were never worked out in his adult life which has fuelled his addiction and law-breaking.

It's sad because he could have very much pushed himself to the level of superstar like Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Eminem, Snoop etc. reached but fell off the rails after about 2004.
Very much agree. Especially the last paragraph. He is so unique in his aggression and distinctive tone he should have been so much more.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
feck. Hope he gets through this. An absolute legend and someone I grew up listening to.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Been expecting this to happen for awhile. What a talented artist but addicted to horrible things.

hope he pulls through. One of my favourites

Bojan11

Didn't he have a film with Jet Li?

DoomSlayer

Damn, I was hoping X had somewhat recovered and wouldn't go so hardcore again. I hope and pray he makes it through, absolute legend in the hip hop culture!

It's sad how he was kind of left on his own as soon as he wasn't a top selling artist and his addictions got so bad or at least that's the impression I got.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of my favourites is his track Trina Moe.

Red_Aaron

An absolute force of personality at his best, had so many tracks that were the definition of club bangers
It's dark and hell is hot is a bona fide classic.

Hope he pulls through but that report is worrying

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Didn’t he have a cardiac arrest a few years back. Hope he pulls through and gets some help.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
That's sad. Loved his music when younger and even last week I had his first album on when I was running.

Damien is a fecking amazing song and Get It On The Floor is one of my all time favourite club bangers.

BootsyCollins

They dont know (darum darum) who we be!

So sad to read this. One of the few rappers who really is original, unique and with his own style. He birthed alot of rappers comming thru after him.

Fight on X.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
An absolute force of personality at his best, had so many tracks that were the definition of club bangers
It's dark and hell is hot is a bona fide classic.

Hope he pulls through but that report is worrying
I remember Tyson using that as his ring music for his comeback, it was absolutely epic

Abizzz

Ah man:(

Hope the good news keep on coming (breathing on his own). x is gonna give to ya! Pull through big man.

Neo_Mufc

Rap legend. Never knew he had struggles with substance abuse. Hope he pulls through. I have my great depression cd, great album.

He also featured in Romeo Must Die with Jet li and Aaliyah RIP.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56627823

US rapper and actor DMX is in serious condition in hospital following a heart attack, says his lawyer Murray Richman.
Mr Richman told US media he didn't know whether the heart attack was brought on by a drug overdose, as reported by TMZ.
DMX has publicly battled substance abuse for years, and been to spend several periods in rehab.
Last quote is concerning. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but he's lawyer is talking about him in a past tense.

"Earl is a sweet guy," Mr Richman said. "Earl was a person who could tell such a story. He was a person with such depth. It's a heartbreaker."

lsd

The Oracle
Ah man:(

Hope the good news keep on coming (breathing on his own). x is gonna give to ya! Pull through big man.

Good news if true I'm hardly an expert but if you can breathe on your own then you are certainly not brain dead or in a vegative state?

Tarrou

Good news if true I'm hardly an expert but if you can breathe on your own then you are certainly not brain dead or in a vegative state?
I think you can breathe on your own

we don’t know for certain he is in a vegetative state though - fingers crossed he’s gonna pull through

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

^ Not sure anything like this will be seen again in most of our lifetimes.

^ This has more meaning to it as his life has gone on.

Drugs have ruined him in one way or another for decades now; it's literally a lifelong struggle.

If the reports are true, you have to wonder about his quality of life even if he pulls through.

His music and legacy are already immortalised - if you did any kind of training with weights or bagwork in the 90's-00's, you've heard his music, even if you don't know who he is by name as there's a catalogue of gym anthems in there that are played the world over even to this day.

Generally, if you needed amping up, X was on the playlist; his legacy came so rapidly and had him set in stone despite him not maintaining that level throughout his career (for obvious reasons).

If he pulls through and still has his faculties intact enough to make considered decisions and have some reflection, I hope he can finally overcome his demons and stop reaching for the drugs, but as he said himself, he'll always be an addict, so it's hard to see his story ending any other way.

Tarrou

now every time this thread bumps I fear the worst :(

come on lad you can do it

TheReligion

Abusive

^ Not sure anything like this will be seen again in most of our lifetimes.

^ This has more meaning to it as his life has gone on.

Drugs have ruined him in one way or another for decades now; it's literally a lifelong struggle.

If the reports are true, you have to wonder about his quality of life even if he pulls through.

His music and legacy are already immortalised - if you did any kind of training with weights or bagwork in the 90's-00's, you've heard his music, even if you don't know who he is by name as there's a catalogue of gym anthems in there that are played the world over even to this day.

Generally, if you needed amping up, X was on the playlist; his legacy came so rapidly and had him set in stone despite him not maintaining that level throughout his career (for obvious reasons).

If he pulls through and still has his faculties intact enough to make considered decisions and have some reflection, I hope he can finally overcome his demons and stop reaching for the drugs, but as he said himself, he'll always be an addict, so it's hard to see his story ending any other way.
Not seen the Woodstock video. Thanks for sharing. Awesome.. Strange watching it for a number of reasons (under the circumstances of him being gravely ill, seeing so many people together after the pandemic, and just seeing a rap artist delivering THAT which today would be unheard of).