Do we extend Ole's contract?

Halftrack

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I laugh but you're not wrong. Some on here believe in the guy more than religious nutcases believe in their god.
And where are these mythical fanatics, pray tell? I see some that have faith that he can get us where we want to be with backing, but I wouldn't say that warrants being compared to religious nutcases.

Then again, you do enjoy shitting on anyone who thinks he should be given time, so putting them down is probably just another way for you to make yourself feel superior.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I think a lot of people need to get on board with the fact the Alex Ferguson was not the rule. He was the exception to the rule. The greatest manager to ever grace the game, and some people think he can be replicated so easily. Every manager since, fans say "give him more time..." and inevitably it ends in tears. Ole isnt good enough. He never was. If it was going to happen, it would have happened by now. The EL final was just more of the same thing we have seen time and again under his management. Its time. He did his best, he made some good memories for himself and the fans. Time to move on before it turns sour. And it will turn sour.

Chelsea have shown that being ruthless is what wins shit. Not this stick with the same guy to the bitter end nonsense that we keep favouring thinking that SAF 2.0 is just around the corner. Hes not. His like may never come again. Some of us really need to accept that and let the dream of Ole go. Or once again we risk losing the chance to get a manager in that can win some silverware.

SAFMUTD

And where are these mythical fanatics, pray tell? I see some that have faith that he can get us where we want to be with backing, but I wouldn't say that warrants being compared to religious nutcases.

Then again, you do enjoy shitting on anyone who thinks he should be given time, so putting them down is probably just another way for you to make yourself feel superior.
Expecting that Ole will turn into a world-class manager is like expecting Daniel James to turn into a world-class player.

There's nothing but faith to support it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Look at this response. This is exactly what I mean.

We've just seen a manager 5 months into his job win the CL, while our favourite football student has been here 2.5 years and still needs time.

When confronted by such hard and clear facts you decide to attack me and that just makes my point for me.

OGS could have done something like what Tuchel did when he was interim but we saw where he got us to - getting smashed by Barcelona after one of the most unlikely comeback jammy wins in CL history (in terms of performance) against PSG.

Rolaholic

I think a lot of people need to get on board with the fact the Alex Ferguson was not the rule. He was the exception to the rule. The greatest manager to ever grace the game, and some people think he can be replicated so easily. Every manager since, fans say "give him more time..." and inevitably it ends in tears. Ole isnt good enough. He never was. If it was going to happen, it would have happened by now. The EL final was just more of the same thing we have seen time and again under his management. Its time. He did his best, he made some good memories for himself and the fans. Time to move on before it turns sour. And it will turn sour.

Chelsea have shown that being ruthless is what wins shit. Not this stick with the same guy to the bitter end nonsense that we keep favouring thinking that SAF 2.0 is just around the corner. Hes not. His like may never come again. Some of us really need to accept that and let the dream of Ole go. Or once again we risk losing the chance to get a manager in that can win some silverware.
Spot on and it's obvious to everyone but the leeches running the club and certain rose tinted fans.

Evidently they don't mind us becoming the new Arsenal

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

We've just seen a manager 5 months into his job win the CL, while our favourite football student has been here 2.5 years and still needs time.

When confronted by such hard and clear facts you decide to attack me and that just makes my point for me.

OGS could have done something like what Tuchel did when he was interim but we saw where he got us to - getting smashed by Barcelona after one of the most unlikely comeback jammy wins in CL history (in terms of performance) against PSG.
Agree with this.

stw2022

He almost reacted to playing poorly once. Okay in the end he just sat there, the tactics, approach, personnel or shape never changed but there was a game where the way he was at down staring at his screen looking like someone wanting the ground to swallow him up, he looked like he might have been considering doing something about it

on this basis is anyone not convinced we’ll win the Champions League next year even a fan?

big rons sovereign

Nah, the people on here believe in Ole, not in Jesus.
You'll find that level headed people believe ole is doing a pretty good job all things considered.

Smallminded reactive smacked arses however, are spamming the forum to death making it a shitty place to be.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm fine with giving a manager more time, but you need to be able to see where the progress is happening and where its going to continue.

I genuinely can't see where Ole progresses from here. He's done a good job in a lot of areas and clearly improved us, up to a point, but I don't think that imrpvoement is ongoing at this point. We aren't really any better than a year ago, aside from the fact we have Cavani, and even then, the only reason Ole has used him properly is because Martial got injured. He didn't see the improvement. He actually stubbornly ignored it until it was forced on him.

Which is the other problem i have with Ole really. He is quite inept at in game management. He doesn't seem able to identify what is and isn't working, who is or isn't playing well, or when he needs to change something. He also doesn't learn from blatant or obvious mistakes.

I was willing to keep faith with him up until that point this season where he just wouldn't stop picking Martial, even though he was offering nothing to the team and picking him was harming the team and restricting the ability of other players to contribute....not becuase that was a one off incident, but because its a recurring theme. He still has not figured out that Rashford is not a right winger, that Pogba is not a left winger, that you can't play Matic as a one man midfield. When the team needs help or a change he still does nothing time after time. Something doesn't work, and two games later he goes back to it, for no reason that you can apply any logic to, other than because he simply doesn't know what he's doing.

At this point he's been in the job for 2 whole seasons, he should have identified the areas where he needs to imrpvoe and either started learning or hired someone to help him. You can't keep costing the team with your lack of ability to learn/evaluate because eventually the better players will become frustrated and give up/leave.

RUCK4444

I see Tuchel inheriting a very decent side and getting them over the line in what is ultimately a cup competition is providing fuel for the Ole-Outers.

Why didn’t he win it at PSG then when he had more time and a better squad eh?

This reminds me... we need to add Di Matteo to the shortlist to replace Ole...

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You'll find that level headed people believe ole is doing a pretty good job all things considered.

Smallminded reactive smacked arses however, are spamming the forum to death making it a shitty place to be.
:lol: :lol:

Implicitly calls me small-minded and then styles himself as rational. What a wise man you are.

I guess it hurts when facts don't agree with your image of the world, fanboy.

el3mel

You forget to tell us to go and support other clubs. I mean, pretty much the standard response from the elite top red fans nowadays.

SAFMUTD

I see Tuchel inheriting a very decent side and getting them over the line in what is ultimately a cup competition is providing fuel for the Ole-Outers.

Why didn't he won it with PSG? He got them to the final and lost by one goal to Bayern who were clearly the best team in the world.

How can you be so blind to see that managers can affect a team in a short period of time, I mean it's just been proven. So the whole "needs time" excuse just became invalid.

Shit were not asking him to win the UCL, just challenging. We are stucked in mediocrity and some people are fine with it because Ole was a legend as a player here. If he wasn't there's no chance people would support him he has no place managing a top team and it will be proved once he's fired from him that's the last time you'll see him managing anything that resembles a top team. Feck I doubt hell even get a mid table team to manage in a top league.

Womp

idiot
You don't extend him, and then? Who do you appoint? Who really guarantees better performances?
Noone available, really. Anyone would be a risk.
Every manager ever would be a risk, but there would be some interesting options. Zidane, Ten Hag, Poch is seemingly willing to leave, just to name a few.

big rons sovereign

:lol: :lol:

Implicitly calls me small-minded and then styles himself as rational. What a wise man you are.

I guess it hurts when facts don't agree with your image of the world, fanboy.
Complains at being branded smallminded, then hurls another childlike insult.

SAFMUTD

You don't extend him, and then? Who do you appoint? Who really guarantees better performances?
Noone available, really. Anyone would be a risk.
No one can warrant a thing, but one thing is warranted we won't win anything important with Ole so we might just gamble, maybe we'll strike gold.

Njord

Yeah, if we had a manager that excelled in in-game management we might get a win from losing positions once in a while..

In a season with two games every week for nine months, the two teams with most options in their squads in Europe reached the CL final, which shouldn't be a big surprise.

We've got a good first XI, but every time we make a few changes the quality drops a lot. If we add three or four quality players, our starting XI will improve, and so will the squad as the current starters become options from the bench (unless any of them leave).

I'm optimistic for next season. I think a proper pre-season will do wonders, and with success in the market we should be able to compete on all fronts next year.

Champagne Football

I'm still in the Ole camp because Tuchel inherited a very talented and underperforming squad from Lampard. Havertz, one of the most talented kids on the planet, was finally starting to find his feet, after months of struggling under Lampard. Lampard takes full credit for Mount.

Lampard left a squad that was ready to explode with the right person in charge.

Compare that to Ole, who inherited a shipwreck from Jose. Overpaid stars who were not good enough or who's hearts were not in it, and who were happy to sit in the bench and collect the cheque - Alexis, Fred, Lindelof were not good enough.. Martial, Lukaku, Pogba all looked miserable. Matic too old.

I think Ole needs another season or two, moulding the likes of Garner, Diallo, Mejbri etc into stars before thinking of handing the reins over to a Hans Flick or a Jesse Marsch someone like that.

big rons sovereign

I'm still in the Ole camp because Tuchel inherited a very talented and underperforming squad from Lampard. Havertz, one of the most talented kids on the planet, was finally starting to find his feet, after months of struggling under Lampard. Lampard takes full credit for Mount.

Lampard left a squad that was ready to explode with the right person in charge.

Compare that to Ole, who inherited a shipwreck from Jose. Overpaid stars who were not good enough or who's hearts were not in it, and who were happy to sit in the bench and collect the cheque - Alexis, Fred, Lindelof were not good enough.. Martial, Lukaku, Pogba all looked miserable. Matic too old.

I think Ole needs another season or two, moulding the likes of Garner, Diallo, Mejbri etc into stars before thinking of handing the reins over to a Hans Flick or a Jesse Marsch someone like that.
I swear all Tuchel did was put Rudiger back in and dropped Alonso.
Man's a genius.....

Halftrack

OGS could have done something like what Tuchel did when he was interim but we saw where he got us to - getting smashed by Barcelona after one of the most unlikely comeback jammy win in CL history (in terms of performance) against PSG.
Oh, I'm one of those religious nutcases? News to me, if so.

Attack you? I described your style of posting. It's like you're incapable of getting your opinion across without disparaging those who disagree in the same breath.

Ole's far from perfect, and he's fecked up on a few occasions this season. He's definitely learning on the job, and some disagree that he should be allowed to do so, believing we should go for an established top-level manager. Fair enough, I'm not going to tell people they're wrong for having an opinion. It's a sensible one, as far as opinions go. He has flaws, and I and others with me aren't blind to them. We've allowed him to begin a rebuild, and some of us just think he should be allowed to see it out. For all the disappointments this season, there have been encouraging signs as well. Our business under him has generally been good, so even if he's not up to the task, his transfers should serve whomever replaces him well (which is more than can be said for his predecessor, or his predecessor's predecessor.)

Even if he isn't backed this summer, I would expect to see improvement next season. If not in league position, then at least in general play. We still have glaring holes in our squad, and without investment I think it'll be hard for us to keep up with our rivals, but with a proper preseason and some more time between games, I expect to see our game evolve. We might not have the quality and depth of City, Chelsea or Liverpool, but our team has the quality to put pretty much every other side in the league to the sword, if utilised properly. With investment, I would expect a proper title challenge, all the way to the end (and hopefully winning it), and a good run in the CL. Without investment, I would still expect us to be comfortably top 4 with more points than this season, see our game evolve, and a decent-to-good run in the CL.

"But", you'll tell me, "it's clear that Ole isn't good enough to accomplish this." And I'll say "Okay, that's your opinion. You're welcome to have it, and I'll respect it."

Foxbatt

I swear all Tuchel did was put Rudiger back in and dropped Alonso.
Man's a genius.....
He just won the CL so obviously he is a genius. Especially he didn't buy any new players but coached them a lot better. The position they were when he took over.

Halftrack

He just won the CL so obviously he is a genius. Especially he didn't buy any new players but coached them a lot better. The position they were when he took over.
I take it Di Matteo is also a genius, then?

big rons sovereign

Well, considered that you called anyone who disagrees with your opinion "Smallminded reactive smacked arses", this feels almost like a complaint at this point.
That's not what I said is it.

I said that reactive smallminded smacked arses are spamming the forum to death making it a shitty place to be.

That, my trolly friend, is a fact.

Nothing to do with my opinion or anybody's that differs.

Try again.

el3mel

That's not what I said is it.

I said that reactive smallminded smacked arses are spamming the forum to death making it a shitty place to be.

That, my trolly friend, is a fact.

Nothing to do with my opinion or anybody's that differs.

Try again.
You also said this, my junior troll :

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

You're really grasping at any straw now to try and argue a point that has been absolutely dismantled over the last week. You're persistent and willing to die on your sword, I give you that.

Foxbatt

I take it Di Matteo is also a genius, then?
Certainly he has won a lot more than Ole as a manger. He took over end of March and won the CL. Ole has been at United for and 2 and half years and won feck all. They sacked him when they got kicked out of the CL. How many trophies have they won after that? Quite a few and how many managers have they changed? Quite a few. If you don't deliver then go.

el3mel

The comparison with Di Matteo is absolute nonsense and shows that people are clutching to straws.

This Chelsea side of 2012 was hands down the most undeserved CL champion I have ever seen. They weren't better than neither Barca or Bayern in semi and final. They were extremely fortunate and it showed later overall. This side finished the league 6th, next season they lost the super cup to Atletico by 4 goals, lost the Club world cup, and got KOed from CL group stage. It was completely undeserved CL win.

Chelsea today dominated City tactically and out played them from first to last minute. They also outplayed Real Madrid in the semi. They finished 4th and reached another domestic final this season.

RonaldoVII

Certainly he has won a lot more than Ole as a manger. He took over end of March and won the CL. Ole has been at United for and 2 and half years and won feck all. They sacked him when they got kicked out of the CL. How many trophies have they won after that? Quite a few and how many managers have they changed? Quite a few. If you don't deliver then go.
They also back their manager.

RUCK4444

Why didn't he won it with PSG? He got them to the final and lost by one goal to Bayern who were clearly the best team in the world.

How can you be so blind to see that managers can affect a team in a short period of time, I mean it's just been proven. So the whole "needs time" excuse just became invalid.

Shit were not asking him to win the UCL, just challenging. We are stucked in mediocrity and some people are fine with it because Ole was a legend as a player here. If he wasn't there's no chance people would support him he has no place managing a top team and it will be proved once he's fired from him that's the last time you'll see him managing anything that resembles a top team. Feck I doubt hell even get a mid table team to manage in a top league.
I know managers can effect teams in a small period of time, Ole went unbeaten for months including beating Tuchel over two legs didn’t he? ;)

Edit: Please no more of the ‘club legend’ reasoning. Its Ole, not Cantona. Honestly I don’t think a single person is blinded by this fake-phenomena, they just see the season on season improvements, some disappointments of course, but overall a net-improvement.

iKnowNothing

I think Ole has done a decent job of steadying the ship. I guess now is the time to start looking at the options that are available and see if we can get a trophy or two.

RUCK4444

You're really grasping at any straw now to try and argue a point that has been absolutely dismantled over the last week. You're persistent and willing to die on your sword, I give you that.
Your my shadow aren’t you eh.

It’s not been dismantled, far from it. Its a knockout competition that’s been won many times by managers who many wouldn’t consider for the United job right now.

Of course it’s not as cut and dry as my post implies, but same goes for people who argue that Tuchel winning it proves everything they claim about Ole not being good enough.

You will find I actually hold fairly balanced views, but you can be the judge of that, my caf-mentor.