Do we extend Ole's contract?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
"Give him next season". It is a story here for 3 years. How many seasons he must feck up?
Only thing which he proved that he can get us 4th spot. If that is high bar for United manager then give him new 5y contract. But for something higher (titles and trophies) we need much better on the bench.

Having said that, he will sign new contract this summer. No question about it. Because Barca and Real will come lurking around him so we must tie him up

Micky Targaryen

You'd only extend a manager's contract if you are keen to lock him down a few more years and to fend off competition for his signature. Trust me, there will be no competition.

No need to rush to extend Ole's contract.

wise_old_man

Pretty much this. You just know it would've been announced tomorrow morning if we won the EL. Now it'll be announced halfway through the Euro's.
This sums up our PR approach post-Fergie for me.

Godfather

Agreed. Should have mentioned the God awful performances from Rashford and Bruno too though. As much as I think Ole is out of his depth he isn't helped by players not rising to the occassion. Or in Rashford's case. Not having a single good game in months. He picks him though so..

Giggsyking

Why do you want to extend his contract? its not like Real Madrid is trying to sign him. Feck not even Wolves would want him.

reddevilchennai

Zidane would be a good option given the present situation that there are no other options available. Pogba would sign a contract to play under his idol. Might bring Varanum with him too.

If not wait for a year and try to lure Marco Rose away from Borussia Dortmund.

Skills

Snitch
Why do you want to extend his contract? its not like Real Madrid is trying to sign him. Feck not even Wolves would want him.
It'll be the usual horseshit that only our fanbase can come out with - such as looking like we "back him" and that kind of crap.

Giggsyking

It'll be the usual horseshit that only our fanbase can come out with - such as looking like we "back him" and that kind of crap.
They will say any horseshit comes to mind to defend him. The mediocre fans within the fanbase that are "happy" with the "progress". Those are even worse than Ole himself.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Give him next season and evaluate. Funny thing is the Caf would be divided at many possible Ole replacement

Brendan Rodgers - Bottler
Conte - Dont like his football
Allegri - Dont like his football
Bielsa - Not for a big team
Simeone - Dont like his football
Zidane- Not tactically good enough and was helped by the quality team he had
Ten Hag - Did it in a tin pot league where they are expected to win

The Caf would only accept a manager that has over achieved, won something major, and plays entertaining football

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We had Tuchel and Poch available this year. Now we have Zidane, Conte and Allegri available. Any other big club in our position would hire one of them today. But for that people in charge need to have ambition. Which Glazers don't

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Give him next season and evaluate. Funny thing is the Caf would be divided at many possible Ole replacement

The Caf would only accept a manager that has over achieved, won something major, and plays entertaining football
So basically only Pep or Klopp

Hulksmash

We had Tuchel and Poch available this year. Now we have Zidane, Conte and Allegri available. Any other big club in our position would hire one of them today. But for that people in charge need to have ambition. Which Glazers don't
I'm still laughing at the Post. Do u even have a clue about the Managers? 3 of them are defensive Minded Managers, United Fans won't accept defensive Football. Poch lost the league with PSG against Lille. Fair play for Tuchel , but he's gone now

People tend to forget that the Glazers didn't back up Ole last Summer. He needs to be fully backed and then we can decide.

I have to admit Ole In Game Management is confusing. He doesn't sub at all

48 hours

No. We still can’t defend set pieces, despite this being an issue every game since Ole took over. We still have very little idea what to do against a team that defends with a low block.
Not trusting squad players, some of whom he bought, is worrying too

Skills

Snitch
I'm still laughing at the Post. Do u even have a clue about the Managers? 3 of them are defensive Minded Managers, United Fans won't accept defensive Football. Poch lost the league with PSG against Lille. Fair play for Tuchel , but he's gone now

People tend to forget that the Glazers didn't back up Ole last Summer. He needs to be fully backed and then we can decide.
They love it under Ole

wise_old_man

I see Fergie still attending every game of ours. May be he still got it in him for one last hurrah in the Champions League?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

He doesn't deserve a renewal, but I guess that's not stopped us with players before. I am behind him, but next season really is his last chance.

You're right about replacement though, not even sure who I'd want at this point.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If Ole is not given a new contract then the club will be blamed for putting pressure on the manager by creating unnecessary uncertainty around his future. I'd say let's extend his contract for another year with an option for a third year. If he fails then he will be out

Roboc7

He’ll get a new contract, it’s probably already agreed. He’s here until he fails to finish in the top four, when that happens he’s gone and length of his contract won’t make blind bit of difference.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Where to start here?
1) We have right now defensive manager. More defensive than any of those and seems to me that people love him. Allegri and Conte win stuff at least.
2) Poch won two cups in a season in which (by Caf standards) manager doesn't need to do anything because "not his squad", "needs time" "needs pre season", "needs 3 transfer windows" etc...
3) That excuse about backing is becoming ridiculous. Glazers gave Ole nearly 300 mil euros so far and bought him 8 players in 2 summer windows. How is that not backing? This year he got left back, striker and midfielder.
What is full backing by you? Spending another 300 mil on Sancho, Upamecano and Grealish?

meamth

He will learn from painful defeats such as this. He thought it was an easy ride, just let your players shine, but that didn't happen.

Managers have potentials too, looking at his trajectory, I think he can be better. He should be better, there is no doubt about that.

I'd say keep him for another season, I don't want to destroy the harmony of the squad we're having now.

Judas

Open to offers
I've always been worried Ole isn't the man to take us that next step, that he's taken us as far as he can, he's done brilliantly to sort us to a certain degree, but when you see how completely inept we looked when it mattered last night, it does add fuel to that particular fire that the ceiling might have been reached.

But he's here for at least another season, unless things go drastically wrong for him. He's delivering what the Glazers want.

GBBQ

I've said before, a win would have been the icing on the cake but that we've still progressed regardless. The loss (and its manner) aren't going to do Ole's reputation any favours but I still think he's building something good here. He should be given a good transfer window now to see if he can push on; if he succeeds then great he's earned his contract, if he fails then I still believe he's left the squad in a better position than what he inherited and hopefully our DOF will have candidates to take over who can maximize the potential of the squad.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

And you want him to be more backed up ?

T-Zolla

J-Lo's smaller bottomed younger brother
I like my football on a saturday,Roast beef on sun
I would give him a new contract, the work he has put in at united is visible, He makes errors but every manager does.
Back him in the window and we will continue to improve, I am as frustrated at last night as the rest of you but getting rid of Ole is not the answer.

New contract please.

hanovercigars

Either extend now or sack him. Nothing in-between unless you want this summer's transfer window and the new season to be wasted. Few players will want to sign for a club when the manager is close to being let go at the end of the season.

Last edited:

croadyman

Pains me to agree with Agbonlahor but think Zidane could be the man for us but think he will replace Poch at PSG

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
When is his contract up? Next season? I think he'll get another year but I think that'll be it if we don't push on.

Redlyn

His in game management last night was mental, but for me he should stay for another season and be backed in the summer. Discuss the extension next season or extend by 1 year.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm not Ole out but I do think it would be stupid to renew his contract right now, we should let next season play out before deciding.

Neo_Mufc

How we finished so far behind City despite the start to the season they had. Throw in Chelsea's poor start and Liverpool capitulating, it couldn't have been any easier for him.

He doesn't deserve a contract extension.

Matthew84!

Most mangers stated on here are completely wrong for us, give Ole a 2 year deal, give him the backing this summer and if we don't win something next year he's out, simple.
Getting rid of him now would make the summer transfer window hard.
I looked at our bench last night and it was weak.

Matthew84!

How we finished so far behind City despite the start to the season they had. Throw in Chelsea's poor start and Liverpool capitulating, it couldn't have been any easier for him.

He doesn't deserve a contract extension.
You mean Utd also only having 1 pre season game and losing 3 of the first 6.
Your agenda is biased and useless I'm afraid.

peridigm

Not Ole out and I think we should renew it. Might give Haaland the assurances he needs to sign for us next season. :devil: