Do we have the best player reveal videos?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Just because you don't see the appeal doesn't mean that United's marketing isn't smashing it. You're one person in how many millions...
I'm not saying their marketing is bad I'm saying it's weird that people celebrate it. It's such a departure from the fundamental appeal of football. And generally speaking I had no idea people that don't work in marketing say how much they like the marketing of anything.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not saying their marketing is bad I'm saying it's weird that people celebrate it. It's such a departure from the fundamental appeal of football. And generally speaking I had no idea people that don't work in marketing say how much they like the marketing of anything.
All I know is, as a person that doesn't really give much of a feck about these things, I thought both were very good for what they were. Can't say they made me cringe or that I wish they did a or b instead.

You and me are signed up and card carrying. These videos aim to show the world a bit of what United are about. They are fun, different from each other, production values are high and they have wide appeal. Good job imo...

Karlkim SK

Marketing as a department or not is a part of the club, and I don't see anything wrong with people praise them when they are doing great job in their opinion. Alexis revealing video is very good (even my die-hard scouser friend likes it) and we should give them credit.

Erebus

Ok so I must be the only person who cringed when I saw it. I'm sure it's excellent for most of its target audience - but these things just always leave me cold - it's not just this one. I did smile at Motherwell's though and liked the reply by United!

Flytan

I feel like you guys are missing the point. Aren't a lot of these intentionally cringe? I mean I assumed the Rudiger one from Chelsea was intentionally made so weirdly.

vangagal

I'm surprised so few people on here think the same. I figured it was aimed at kids. People praising United's marketing is so bizarre on so many levels.
Oh old man that know anything, new kids today just dont know feck all dont ya? My times is better than your times cliche. Grown up old man.

Camilo

I'm happy most folk seem to enjoy them! I find them utterly cringe-worthy personally..

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The Pogba announcement video was the "I'm back" one not the one in the OP.

I liked them both but the Stormzy one was an adidas video not a United one.

eat_grass

The people that can't see the value in the Sanchez reveal video probably don't understand stagecraft. It's the type of video that would win awards from marketing departments because of its production value -- how it starts off slow, builds up steam and intensity, then ends with roaring cheers from an empty Old Trafford. It's very well done. Of course the haters (other teams' fans) will hate on it, but that's to be expected.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Couldn't care less whether other fans thought it was bad or cringeworthy, I for one enjoyed it and watched many times, just like I watched Pogba' "I'm back" video.

RedIke

Apparently Mario Balotelli has signed for West Ham? Well least that's what I took for their player reveal video.

Look at that video and tell me how that made it out for the public to view. :houllier::lol:

Erebus

The people that can't see the value in the Sanchez reveal video probably don't understand stagecraft. It's the type of video that would win awards from marketing departments because of its production value -- how it starts off slow, builds up steam and intensity, then ends with roaring cheers from an empty Old Trafford. It's very well done. Of course the haters (other teams' fans) will hate on it, but that's to be expected.
I do see and understand the stagecraft. I appreciate the skill, energy, technical skills and creativity involved. I understand the significance. I have no problem with others liking them. Just that I personally find them cringeworthy.

eat_grass

I do see and understand the stagecraft. I appreciate the skill, energy, technical skills and creativity involved. I understand the significance. I have no problem with others liking them. Just that I personally find them cringeworthy.
Fair enough. I too find most of them cringe-worthy (I won't even watch the Rudiger one above). But to me the Sanchez one seems of a different class altogether.