Do we have the best player reveal videos?

Fergie 7ime

There's nothing childish about grime or rap, I mean have your opinion but no need to generalise/insult an entire genre. Also it's not just restricted to 'kids' either.

I agree that these videos are important though.
Don't get me wrong, I like the genre as a whole very much. I grew up with NWA and Biggie etc. It's the style nowadays which I find childish, but then again I'm probably getting old.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I said that? Just pointing out that he absolutely cant stand a video of our superstar dancing around to a grime track. Others have said its "cringe" and I wonder why... must be so cringey watching Pogba and Lingard dance every weekend.
You put significant emphasis on race being the reason why it must be "jarring" for him to watch. What else does that imply? Otherwise, there'd be no reason for you to make mention of the race of Pogba and Stormzy in two separate instances as the reason he doesn't like it. It's a strange point to make.

It's B Rubble

You put significant emphasis on race being the reason why it must be "jarring" for him to watch. What else does that imply? Otherwise, there'd be no reason for you to make mention of the race of Pogba and Stormzy in two separate instances as the reason he doesn't like it. It's a strange point to make.
Its a point I made because this is the world we now live and your putting words in my mouth. I didnt say he did not like it because they were black. You said I called him a racist, I made no such remark. I merely pointed out this fella "cant stand" a video with Pogba dancing with a grime artist.
These are mere observations.

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
My wife thought the Sanchez one was cringe.. probably because the 'Glory Glory' tune is a bit cringe from the perspective of a neutral.

I loved it.

prath92

Its a point I made because this is the world we now live and your putting words in my mouth. I didnt say he did not like it because they were black. You said I called him a racist, I made no such remark. I merely pointed out this fella "cant stand" a video with Pogba dancing with a grime artist. You are really disecting that comment as wrong as possible, anything else you want to know?
Not really. You specifically implied that he didn’t like it because a black footballer is dancing to it. It’s a quite clear implication that he doesn’t like it because of their colour

Ya I guess its a bit jarring seeing a black footballer dancing around to a popular grime track by a black artist who loves United.:nervous:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The point where the Glory Glory tune gains tempo and they show Alexis for the first time gets me all excited. Absolutely brilliant.
And yes we make the best player videos. Besiktas and Roma make great light hearted videos but lack that intensity, Sanchez video was "Get all hyped up" which made it such a good watch

Member 90887

The point where the Glory Glory tune gains tempo and they show Alexis for the first time gets me all excited. Absolutely brilliant.
And yes we make the best player videos. Besiktas and Roma make great light hearted videos but lack that intensity, Sanchez video was "Get all hyped up" which made it such a good watch
Well, to be fair, they don't have united's history or class, so making a video that ressembles ours wouldn't have had the same effect as us doing it. a video like the sanchez one would have only worked with clubs like us, Madrid, Barça or Bayern. you could maybe throw Juve there.

OverratedOpinion

Nope, not even close. Wake me up when someone can beat this announcement.

That made me laugh I must admit. Not to be unkind but the acting would be incredibly fitting with a health and safety video for an insurance company.

I didn't know anyone else did these. Did we start the trend?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
:lol:

Sanchez is brilliant. Best ever imo and 'Glory, glory' never sounded better. Not huge fan of Pogba/Stormzy one, but then again I don't like that type of music.

Thought Neymar one with PSG was pretty good.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
That is SPECTACULAR.

nah_it_wont_happen

Nope. We are usually pretty bad at it. The Pogba reveal was trashy (may be because rap is not my type). However, I was totally shocked by Alexis's reveal. It was pure class. I hope we keep it up from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:

nah_it_wont_happen

I said that? Just pointing out that he absolutely cant stand a video of our superstar dancing around to a grime track. Others have said its "cringe" and I wonder why... must be so cringey watching Pogba and Lingard dance every weekend.
Tbh, yes, I do find Pogba and Lingard dancing when we score goals cringe-worthy. Players should respect the opponent and their efforts. Dancing is sort of over-celebrating. I like players who don't celebrate much because they know they might also concede goals or defeat, it's a reality check and shows humility. That's something very likable about Messi, he rarely over-celebrates.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The United version of the Pogba announcement for me still gets me hyped to death.

The whole transfer saga was just something else, and to top it off like that was amazing. Remember watching it in bed about 10 times and being a giddy little kid all over again.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I can understand that many ppl dont fancy the pogba one, i dont like rap music either

But in that moment i was buzzing and i thought it was amazing after all that transfer saga, like all the tension got away and i was just happy that they announced with his style

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can understand that many ppl dont fancy the pogba one, i dont like rap music either

But in that moment i was buzzing and i thought it was amazing after all that transfer saga, like all the tension got away and i was just happy that they announced with his style
Yeah it was fitting for Pogba. A lot of what Pogba does is a bit cringe though. Nothing too wrong with that though, as long as he enjoys it at United!

Switch

The Pogba one is pretty horrific. Looks like some teenagers thought it would be a good idea for him to wave his arms to music you would hear chavs playing at the back of the bus.

The Sánchez one was a lot better. Can’t recall any other notable twitter reveals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tosicsleftpeg

I've said about how good our PR and marketing is in the past and the player reveals are obviously a big factor in that. Just look so much more polished and thought through than others.

The_Order

Never realised how russled some of our own fans were about the stormzy/pogba reveal.

I really hope Sanchez joins Lingard and pogba's dance troupe now.

Seriously, old men, lighten the feck up

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I was reading non-United fans opinions on Facebook of the Sanchez video, they all think it's both terrible and hilarious. The again, fans who air their football opinions on Facebook tend to be some of the worst human beings, so probably not a true barometer of its quality.
I'm surprised so few people on here think the same. I figured it was aimed at kids. People praising United's marketing is so bizarre on so many levels.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm surprised so few people on here think the same. I figured it was aimed at kids. People praising United's marketing is so bizarre on so many levels.
Just because you don't see the appeal doesn't mean that United's marketing isn't smashing it. You're one person in how many millions...