Do we want to lose to City?

Pav1878

As much as I’d hate a Liverpool title, I would never wish for a United loss. My love for my club is simply just a bit stronger than my hate for Liverpool.

Also, I don’t see if Liverpool win this year, they will dominate for the next ten years or so. It’s a different league now, than it was back in the 80’s-00’s, with all the money around.
City will definitely have their say in next years title races, probably Chelsea and Tottenham as well, and hopefully we will too.

The thing is, if we lose and have to play EL (which we might have to even with a win to night, I know) we will have a way bigger challenge to fight for the title for the next few years. Thursday night matches have proven to be a nightmare for clubs, as matches the following weekend are usually lost or drawn. Just look at Chelsea this season.

So no, feck Liverpool, but if they should win and make it 19, it’s our god damn job to make it 21 before they hit 20!
I agree. But I'm worried about the omens, it's 2019 and you know what year it is next year and the next and the next

Mike Smalling

A draw is the only result that would both hand Liverpool the title and make it very hard for us to get top 4, so that is obviously how it will end up.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Could we have a poll on this? @Damien
Genuinely interested how the caf is split on this.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'F*ck's sake, another City advert. Supposedly written by a United fan.
Guardian said:
In these dark days it is the blue half of Manchester that is showing the rest of the country it is still possible to not take yourself too seriously.
United have had it good for as long as I can remember. But that’s not made us better fans.
Manchester City fans could teach Brexit Britain how to put the fun in failure:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-city-fans-football-supporters-brexit-britain

Raw

A draw is the only result that would both hand Liverpool the title and make it very hard for us to get top 4, so that is obviously how it will end up.
A draw wouldn't be too bad, especially if Arsenal lose today as well. Just as long as we win our other games, it'd put us on 74 points. Assuming Arsenal draw and lose two of their next 4 games (possible considering their away form), we'd finish ahead of them and Chelsea in 4th by 1 point and 2 points respectively. Which is crucial as our GD is much worse than both of theirs.

If we lose, we're having to rely on Arsenal on dropping 6 points instead of 5.

MrBest

Was it really? Few years ago it looked like they might fall out of the Top 4 permanently. If they win it now it could give them a real mentality push, if they lose they might fall off again.
I think whilst Klopp is there, he will not allow that to happen. Wishing them losing could make them stronger. But honestly, my only thought is us top 4, the worst case is they win the league and we finish 6th.

djembatheking

It is fairly obvious that most fans not from the North West just don't understand .
Relax lads , this group of players won't let us down , 0-2 City win .

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
IF we wanted top 4, we shouldn't have lost 3 away games in a row.

Besides, what's the feckin' point in CL football if we're just going to be shit when we get into it?

I just don't see top 4 as this must-have achievement that clearly a lot of people do

BulgarianDevil91

I am neither British, nor am I old enough to have witnessed their greatness, so I am sure my brain can't process the whole rivalry picture, but there is no way in hell I would want Liverpool to win the league. I've only heard stories about their dominance and how annoying it was for our fan base, so I don't want it to repeat again in the near future.

With all three other teams having at east two additional games, I can actually see them dropping enough points, so that we could scrape the fourth position. There's no way Arsenal don't struggle against Leicester/Wolves and we can actually beat Chelsea this weekend, with then still having to play Watford and Leicester. Ole needs to think about the bigger picture and realize we could still achieve our goals, despite losing to City.

Mike Smalling

A draw wouldn't be too bad, especially if Arsenal lose today as well. Just as long as we win our other games, it'd put us on 74 points. Assuming Arsenal draw and lose two of their next 4 games (possible considering their away form), we'd finish ahead of them and Chelsea in 4th by 1 point and 2 points respectively. Which is crucial as our GD is much worse than both of theirs.

If we lose, we're having to rely on Arsenal on dropping 6 points instead of 5.
Just can't see that happening, to be honest.

Bestietom

If the likes of Pogba, Matic, Martial, Lukuka, Rashford and De Gea, don't turn up, we are in for another slaughtering.

TRUERED89

It is fairly obvious that most fans not from the North West just don't understand .
Got nothing to do with being from the North West or not, People actually from Manchester have dividing opinions on tonight's match. So don't come on here and say If you're not from the North West you don't understand the rivalry, just ridiculous that is. As others have said they love United more than they hate Liverpool, and want CL next season. If they win it then shit happens, they'll deserve it. Its on United to make sure they don't dominate and overtake our 20 titles.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
It’s a poor attempt at trying to inspire a United win. Klopp’s mindgames are so basic :lol:
Of course it's basic and not the only reason tbh, the fact that this thread suddenly has a few scouse new members posting is to me prelude to the invasion that will happen should they win the league. It's unthinkable, it really is.

TRUERED89

Of course it's basic and not the only reason tbh, the fact that this thread suddenly has a few scouse new members posting is to me prelude to the invasion that will happen should they win the league. It's unthinkable, it really is.
Oh god I didn't think about that! A scouse invasion on the Café! :eek:

Ban

There won't be an invasion but a mass banning of Liverpool fans.

lsd

The Oracle
Hope with all my heart we win tonight . I will be delighted to beat City and show we are still a team to be feared

DamoK

We could lose this one and then city could slip up away to burnley, which would be the ultimate nightmare.

lsd

The Oracle

Was waiting for a rubbish post like this . Local fans are bigger fans as we want our team to lose :rolleyes:

DickDastardly

A narrow 0-1 loss.
With controversy.
Don't get humiliated, lose so the scoursers can go feck themselves, and don't make a meal out of it for the media.

Then unload those who don't want to be here (read Pogba), those who aren't good enough (read Young, Darmian, Rojo, Matić), retire the ones who deserve it and make them part of the managment (read Mata), pull out the kids who might make it (read Gomes, Chong, Grenwood) and buy a Sancho, a prolific striker and two top midfielders.

Train hard. Play hard.

Needham

Hope with all my heart we win tonight . I will be delighted to beat City and show we are still a team to be feared
...and ironically laughed at for clinching Liverpool the title in equal measure.

Cal?

CR7 fan
What would we say if the roles were reversed and Liverpool fans were willing their own side to lose so that we didn't win the league?

Truly we'd pan the shite out of them wouldn't we?

We should go all out to win every match regardless of who we are playing.

If Liverpool win the title then they will have deserved it - just like we did and everyone else that wins it.

It's a tough one but we should not descend to the kind of bitterness that they (and City) showed to us when we were on the up.
Forget Liverpool fans, Liverpool’s club legend Gerrard did what it took to stop us 9 years ago.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Top 4 isn't happening, even if it does we are not equipped to do anything in the CL next year.... Soooo take the 1-0 or 2-0 loss tonight.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Come kick off, we'll all back the team, but when we get turned over it won't be a disaster.

It's similar to when you're in the end days of a crap manager - you don't quite want to lose, but you want the manager out, so it's a bit of a relief.

If we scrape top 4, you just know Ole won't be backed like he should be.
Coming 6th will get the Glazers and Ed's ass twitching.
I'm not so sure anymore,they might be happy with mediocrity.

chb23

Wanting to throw a game. Jesus.

That's a losers mentality. A winner should want to win every game.