Do we want to lose to City?

ti vu

I don't want Liverpool to win the league.
But, getting top 4 could be vital to our rebuilding plans. Overall, I'd rather we beat City and cross my fingers that Liverpool still come up short. I love United more than I hate Liverpool.
This is overstated, and very far from truth.

People keep talking about Klopp and Liverpool these days, so let me play along. Klopp first full season at Liverpool was without European football of any forms. It doesn't matter looking back from 2 seasons later. It's something else when it comes to rebuilding.

Or how Chelsea after Mourinho also spent a year without European football and won the league with Conte.

And let's say we would finish 4th, Tottenham outside top 4 but win CL. Chelsea also finished outside top 4 but win EL. We still got nothing. Can we sure to finish 3rd to prevent that scenario? Or it's already out of our hand with potential of Liverpool winning the league laughing at helping them in vain?

Rebuilding we can do regardless whether we're in CL or not. We're not closing the club if we don't qualify for CL next season. Whether we can do the right thing during the rebuilding process is another matter.

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
No.

It's really easy to say yes in a joking 'banter' fashion so that Liverpool don't win the league and we don't have to deal with their unbearable fans but anyone actively wanting us to lose a match, let alone the derby, should take a look at themselves in the mirror and ask the question again.

I know we mock the idea of 'top reds' and all the rest but I don't want United to ever lose a game, no matter what the circumstances around it are.

If Liverpool win the league then they'll deserve it and their fans will have their moment in the sun. I've personally been very lucky that the last time they won the league was the year I was born and it's been pretty rosy since then as a United fan but their time is either now or it's coming and I'm gonna have to experience it at some point. I'm not going to die before they win the league again so it's time to face facts.

We need to knock them off their perch again and anything less is a failure.

Green_Red

I dont care who wins the league. I want United to win every game them play. Who ever wins the league will be worthy winners but I couldn't care less because it wont be us.

Cheesesandwich

Hello all, after reading for many months, I’ve decided to dip my toe in, and what better way than with the conundrum of the derby on Wednesday.

The loss against spurs has made it easier for me, as I would have hated for City to have won the quad, but I support united and I would hate to lose to them whatever, living and working in Manchester, it’s nice to go into work with a smile on my face.

Whoever wins the league should have no bearing on us, let’s do our bit, sod the rest, either way, it’s not a happy scenario, let’s just let the dice fall and see what happens.
So for me, a United win, and hopefully a 4th spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No.

It's really easy to say yes in a joking 'banter' fashion so that Liverpool don't win the league and we don't have to deal with their unbearable fans but anyone actively wanting us to lose a match, let alone the derby, should take a look at themselves in the mirror and ask the question again.

I know we mock the idea of 'top reds' and all the rest but I don't want United to ever lose a game, no matter what the circumstances around it are.

If Liverpool win the league then they'll deserve it and their fans will have their moment in the sun. I've personally been very lucky that the last time they won the league was the year I was born and it's been pretty rosy since then as a United fan but their time is either now or it's coming and I'm gonna have to experience it at some point. I'm not going to die before they win the league again so it's time to face facts.

We need to knock them off their perch again and anything less is a failure.
Losing to City is acceptable if it helps prevent Liverpool from winning the league - if it means losing out on top four.

Can't we have a poll for this? It would interesting to see the general concensus of the Caf.

KrasHammerhand

What is wrong with people, we want to beat City. We need Champion’s League football if we hope to sign anyone. I could care less what Liverpool does, they have been irrelevant for most of my footballing life.

klayton88

We'll lose regardless, but the responses from RAWK will be rife with corruption shouts and them saying we threw it. In one breath they call us the shittest team ever but then expect us to beat City when it benefits them and anything other than a United win will be corruption.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Yes - we're not getting top 4 regardless of the result, so feck it.

freeurmind

weak willed
Do i want the team to lay down and lose on purpose? No. However it's going to be hard to take if after really years of dreadful performances at home our lot produce something special and beat City at home.

AndyMUFC

No way. I want to watch Champions League football next season.

fecking hell, I don't want Liverpool to win the title but I don't want to help City win it either. I hate them too and they're everything that's wrong with modern football.

the_irish123

Losing to City doesn't even guarantee Lpool loses the title.

The feeling of big important Champions League nights is what I was missing since a long time ago, and I had that small taste again this year. I can't believe people would rather us miss it and become smaller as an institution because of Liverpool who haven't won shite in years. Seriously.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

The feeling of big important Champions League nights is what I was missing since a long time ago, and I had that small taste again this year. I can't believe people would rather us miss it and become smaller as an institution because of Liverpool who haven't won shite in years. Seriously.
1 goal at home in 5 CL games. It’s been ace.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Do we really have a choice? Given our current form at OT, it would be a miracle to come away with a point let alone a win.

peridigm

Poll needed...
Why? Just before kickoff is Ole going to be like, “okay boys, 51% of the Caf wants us to lose, so just be yourselves.”

I’ve no doubt Ole and the players want to play CL next season and could give zero fecks about who wins the title. It may all be a moot point anyway with our recent form let alone our home form. Players seem to have given up.

This thread is funny, suggesting United are actually in a position to beat City at the moment. The sad fact is, if they perform to their potentially we've not chance of stopping them.

I just want this season over.

Negan

I’ll take a Phil Jones own goal and a 1-0 defeat.

Do I feck want to see us hand the title to Liverpool.

Top 4 isn’t a trophy. And I’m not gonna sit here and wish for it. 2nd used to be a disappointment for me. So why would I be happy with 4th? We’re Manchester United for fecks sake. I’ll take the Europa again if it means those Scousers are not reminding me of their one league title win for the next 20 years.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Even Ole said we need 5 wins from 6. He knows.

Negan

Ah yes... Those big champions league nights where we had to scrape a last minute winner against the Young Boys and then it all leads up to us getting dicked down by Barcelona... we definitely belong in that competition in our current state.

Not getting CL football might be the wake up call this club needs.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Yes. I can take another season in the Europa League if it means Liverpool not winning the league.

CaptainAvengers

I actually think Liverpool HAVE been the best most entertaining team this season and deserve to win the league after coming close so many times..

Losing out on top 4 is worth it to see all Liverpool's efforts this season mean nothing.. they probably won't be in this position again for years.. the meltdown will be epic in Scouseland

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Why? Just before kickoff is Ole going to be like, “okay boys, 51% of the Caf wants us to lose, so just be yourselves.”

I’ve no doubt Ole and the players want to play CL next season and could give zero fecks about who wins the title. It may all be a moot point anyway with our recent form let alone our home form. Players seem to have given up.
Yeah... I didn't mean that we need a poll to let Ole know how we feel...

When polls are done on here, they're just for our own interest, they aren't a hotline into the manager's office - you get that right?

sam147

Want an Ajax vs Barcelona CL final. And City to win the league instead of Liverpool. Citys wins are pointless anyway because they have no fans, Pep was brought in to win the CL and any PL win is just hollow. If Liverpool win it they will go on about it for years and the media will have a wankfest. There's no football this summer so all we will have is stories about Liverpools title win and Woodward briefing the media that he is signing Gareth Bale.

R'hllor

No, would never wish us to lose games. In the same time, i believe this top 4 crap means nothing for us and our future, in our current situation we cant benefit from it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I can imagine the reaction from RAWK if we lose.

Personally I'd want our player to play and not to throw it away. But I'm not confident after the Barca away game.

Marcus

We should try to win this game and get 4th. If Liverpool win the league so be it. They quite deserve to if I am honest. That will also be a kick up the board's collective behind especially if Liverpool's sponsorship deals become more lucrative than United's as a result.

Sauldogba

Depends.
If theres a chance of us making top 4 absolutely not.
United>>>>>Everything else.
However if theres no chance of us making top 4 1000 percent i want us to lose.