Do we want to lose to City?

Cloud7

I'll get over us getting beat by City a damn site quicker than I would if I see Liverpool win the league.

I think a lot of this boils down to how many Liverpool fans you know and what they're like too. I know a fair few and most of them are absolute cocks.
Please answer me this question. These Liverpool fans you know, if they win the league, what exactly will they do?

Say that United are crap, say that Liverpool is the best, say that it feels so good to win the league after so long? The Liverpool fans I know are pricks as well, but if they win the league they’ll post a couple celebratory tweets and then that’s it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Please answer me this question. These Liverpool fans you know, if they win the league, what exactly will they do?

Say that United are crap, say that Liverpool is the best, say that it feels so good to win the league after so long? The Liverpool fans I know are pricks as well, but if they win the league they’ll post a couple celebratory tweets and then that’s it.
I'll hear about it in the office every day until they're no longer champions.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Anything that would prevent a Liverpool title I'm OK with.

Inter Yer Nan

If both win at the weekend then yes I want us to lose. I won't watch the game because it won't feel right but I'll sacrifice a football match that may cost us 4th (we've came 5th and lower before) if it stops Liverpool from winning the league. Them winning it will be awful and they'll make out that it's a bigger achievement than when Leicester won it. Christ, I remember their fans trying to explain how their 2001 treble was better than ours.

Mrdan1709

Anyone who wants City to win probably isnt really a United fan. If Liverpool winning the league gets us top 4 then so be it.

Liverpools success wont last very long and they will soon return to irrelevancy as i doubt they will find another coach of Klopps caliber once hes gone. We will be back soon to the top of English football. Finishing top 4 will only speed up the process

Last edited by a moderator:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
“True United fans wouldn’t ever want us to lose to City”

To be honest true United fans would literally vomit at the thought of Liverpool winning the title and don’t see top 4 as a fecking trophy.

The answer is yes.

Cloud7

I feel like I’m missing something with the experience that people have with fans of other clubs. I know a lot more Barcelona fans than Liverpool fans, and when we met up for our weekly kickabout on Wednesday they made a couple jokes and we laughed at how crap Young is. Is that really such a big deal?

How is it very different from hearing that from Liverpool fans that they were better than us this season and won the league? It’s not like it’s a lie. Does football banter really bother you lot that much?

Sometimes I wonder if Liverpool fans drag United fans out onto the street and murder them en masse or send the country into economic ruin or something the way that some people go on about what the Liverpool fans will do or say. Surely it can’t just be football banter that affects everyone this much?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If both win at the weekend then yes I want us to lose. I won't watch the game because it won't feel right but I'll sacrifice a football match that may cost us 4th (we've came 5th and lower before) if it stops Liverpool from winning the league. Them winning it will be awful and they'll make out that it's a bigger achievement than when Leicester won it. Christ, I remember their fans trying to explain how their 2001 treble was better than ours.
:lol: pray tell, what logic did they use?

shaky

Apart from the unbearable reaction if Liverpool win the title, it will also put them only 1 league title behind us. I'm quite happy to keep them at arms length still, thank you very much. If that means supporting City for the rest of the season, then so be it. Fergie didn't spend 20 odd years knocking them off their perch just so we can give them a leg up back on it at the first opportunity.

tomaldinho1

I don't see us getting top 4 win or lose against City. We're not good enough.
Surely we fight for it until the end?

I think not getting CL football this year will be an absolute disaster.

Cloud7

This guy in the group chat became a Liverpool fan because he and Mane are both Senegalese. If Liverpool win it I'll just leave the group, although I know the cnut will directly call me to gloat.
That’s a good enough reason to become a fan of a club to be fair. I became a United fan because Yorkie joined United and I thought I should follow my countryman.

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
I never thought I would see united, Manchester United fans wanting city to beat them.

Not only is it against a local rival, it will end your top 4. Personally, if it was the other way round I would rather play CL football.

When you signed top players a few years ago without CL football... It was seen as a blip. Now it's quite common that united doesn't play CL football so it's not going to look very attractive to possible targets. Unless you offer them stupid money?

billybee99

“True United fans wouldn’t ever want us to lose to City”

To be honest true United fans would literally vomit at the thought of Liverpool winning the title and don’t see top 4 as a fecking trophy.

The answer is yes.
So a true fan cheers for United to lose a game? Ok. Whatever. You and will have to disagree over the definition of a true fan. I think it's pathetic to cheer against your team. I could care less if Liverpool win. They will still only have 19 titles and they will soon slide back to obscurity. Unless you actually live in the cities of Manchester or Liverpool, I can't see how this would possibly affect your life. I can't say that I know a single fan of Liverpool FC where I live.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nope. Never, ever lose to them and that bald bastard.

Klopp will find a way to bottle it with Liverpool even without us giving a hand.
He’s what, 5 games from winning the league and you think he’s going to bottle it?

They will take full points from their remaining games. City need to match it but they’ve got spurs and united.

Given the circumstances I’d gladly take a loss

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think a lot of you fail to understand quite how awful it will be if Liverpool win the league

Yes, missing out on top 4 would be shit - for one season anyway

But if Liverpool win the league we will be hearing about it in the year 2049. 83 commemorative dvds and streams will appear on amazon. Smug chav poets will wax lyrical about the “greatest ever team in the greatest ever title race” and that sort of shit.

Losing one game is a small price to pay
This guy gets it

PTSTSL

Who from our team would we want to make the 'Stevie G Backpass'.

I nominate Mctominay.

RoyH1

He’s what, 5 games from winning the league and you think he’s going to bottle it?

They will take full points from their remaining games. City need to match it but they’ve got spurs and united.

Given the circumstances I’d gladly take a loss
Look at Klopp's record. For all the hype surrounding him, he actually hasn't won that much silverware. He's the ultimate nearly there man.

But I simply don't like losing to City either. I want to have my cake and eat it !

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
When you signed top players a few years ago without CL football... It was seen as a blip. Now it's quite common that united doesn't play CL football so it's not going to look very attractive to possible targets. Unless you offer them stupid money?
Those are the two things we appear to have in abundance these days. Stupid and Money.

Cloud7

I nominate Mctominay.
Young will do it, but it won’t be deliberate. He’ll just be playing his natural game.

Bo_7iDaR

I nominate Mctominay.
It's pretty disgraceful what you're implying here mate. Gerrard would never do that on purpose. Twice.

Marcus would be my pick.

remo

Yes, yes, yes. I know it sounds wrong but top 4 spot is gone and bringing down Liverpool will feel better.

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
Those are the two things we appear to have in abundance these days. Stupid and Money.
Well, as on here it was pointed out to me. And rightly so...

You can spend a couple of hundred million on flops. Like some teams have. Or you can scout properly and see what your manager wants and the club wants.

In Uniteds experience over the last few years, you don't seem to have done well signing big name players. Maybe you should look at players performing well at lower clubs and paying less.

There are players out there, who have potential but still excellent players. And if united came calling, they would want the move.

I don't know, but I wouldn't want to lose top 4 just to stop Liverpool winning the league. We will still be behind united on leagues...

Anyway, can't reply again as this is my 3rd post today.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Is it me or do we never seem to get the result the majority hope for in these threads?

Reiver

I don't want Liverpool to win the league.
But, getting top 4 could be vital to our rebuilding plans. Overall, I'd rather we beat City and cross my fingers that Liverpool still come up short. I love United more than I hate Liverpool.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
So a true fan cheers for United to lose a game? Ok. Whatever. You and will have to disagree over the definition of a true fan. I think it's pathetic to cheer against your team. I could care less if Liverpool win. They will still only have 19 titles and they will soon slide back to obscurity. Unless you actually live in the cities of Manchester or Liverpool, I can't see how this would possibly affect your life. I can't say that I know a single fan of Liverpool FC where I live.
Fair enough mate. I’m slightly talking rubbish.

el3mel

I'll wait after our match vs Everton and their match vs Spurs. Things will be clearer regarding us and them.

Al-T

Can we just draw against City and the dippers not win the title?

I hate how gash we've become that we even have these threads.