• Yes

Votes: 1,069 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 9.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 96 7.4%

• Total voters

wolvored

I wish the USA supporters would protest outside the glazers homes as well, so they see it first hand. This might scare them to take action than something 4000 miles away.

Jacko21

100%.

The protest was organised ahead of time and with genuine intentions. All relevant authorities (GMP included) had advanced notice.

As with any demonstration of this kind, a minority will go tanked up and ready for a scuffle. And others won't know where to draw the line. But this shouldn't be conflated with the issues at the heart of all this.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That it was more than a nice walk to the ground and waving scarves?

Absolutely. It's one thing for the owners of the UK clubs to change their minds re a super league (as there were lots of other pressure points being pushed) but this needs more.

That they got into the stadium and the game got cancelled? Again, needs to make a point so fine.

That it had a very small minority with violence in mind (that person with stitches (a policeman?) will get the headlines) is the negative part and will be the focus along with social distancing... when it was Chelski fans, super league was still an option and the media seemed to ignore it then as everyone piled on the 12 clubs.

Classical Mechanic

In principle yes but I don’t see what the way out here is. Who are these benevolent billionaires that are going to buy us? I guess the best thing to hope for is more investment in the stadium and team.

rooney2009

This is a strange thread
There is no proper Utd supporter that will not support a peaceful protest
You should be asking why a Utd fan will not support a protest against our dodgy owners

Drawfull

The other thread is more of a running commentary. I'm interested to see how many of our fanbase on here support the protests and the ground invasion, maybe with a poll. And also how where you live influences the answer.

I 100% support them. Not the bottle throwing and violence, but just waving a few flags around and asking nicely achieves nothing. We needed to make a stronger statement and we've done it.
Your poll doesn't reflect the ground invasion.

RepardReece

Anyone who doesn't support this is a clown. Cara spot on with his comments on sky regarding this situation.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
100%

drastic action is always needed to force drastic change. words, letters, campaigns never do anything by themselves, there is always a need for a spark. today is that spark.

the main thing is that this isn’t a one off. one match does nothing. this needs to be every home game, minus scuffles with police, violence or vandalism to private property. the glazer’s are here to run a business, anything that is consistently bad for business will force them to think if it’s all worth it.

northernfan

I'm not in England but here in North America most have come to realise that laws and rules are there to protect those that have and subjugate those that don't. The Glazers don't see Man united as a community institution, its a product to be sold and to make money. They can get away with that here because most sports teams are not community created. There is an opportunity to make things super unconfortable for the Glazers right now. These opportunities don't come around often. It would take continual game protests by the community, not going to games and cutting off their purpose of making money. They only make decisions based on their pocketbook.

Ted1985

Yes, but not the violence and storming the stadium.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yes, if it doesn't result in points deductions or something like that. There needs to be a certain degree of disruption.

If the actual team were to start being punished for the protests though then it becomes too divisive for the protests to continue effectively (as they need to), at which point they've shot themselves in the foot and hindered a longer term move against the Glazers.

Also worth saying that supporting the protests isn't the same as supporting all protesters. Anyone who goes too far should be indentified and face appropriate consequences.

Walters_19_MuFc

Whilst I don't condone some of the actions, I'm 100% behind the protests today. If done correctly as, on the whole, it was done today, we have seen the impact it can have.

Will it affect the Glazers? Who knows? But fans are angry and they have the right to vent their frustration.

redshaw

I think we all want the Glazers gone but putting aside who can they sell it to or how can the fans and government step in.

It would take many more of these type of protests to have an impact and could see us forfeit many games and not qualify for the CL. The players and Ole have done very well to get up to second despite all the negativity aimed at Ole and the squad, think of all the hard work put in to climb from 5th and 6th regularly to throw that away near the end of the season.

If this carries on, the next season is a write off, players will leave, I think we slump down the table and possibly force the Glazers out but I'd rather have done this 2 years ago.

I don't see one protest having an affect, it will need major disturbance in covering the games worldwide and that could send us right down for a while. Maybe in the long run it would be good but we could've cut to the chase a few years ago and not nuke the resurgence under Ole.

MU655

No, I don't. In the end, the risk of violence and criminality far outweighs the benefits of what this protest is about. I would far prefer the Glazers to be in charge than people get injured due to violent and aggressive behaviour.

And I do think the organisers should be taking this into account. In the end, this is a game, a piece of entertainment, that is not worth the risk of inciting such behaviour. Everyone knows that protests attract trouble makers; they always have and always will. The fact of the matter is that bystanders being intimidated and harassed in their vehicles, and the police officer getting cut across the face all happened because this protest was organised. The organisers do bear responsibility for creating an opportunity for trouble.

You can't just brush it aside as 'oh well, an inevitable casualty' for the cause. I mean, this isn't even important. It is football!

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
There are too few options in the poll.

I agree with the protest, but I don't agree with invading the stadium (for me it would be enough to just make it hard for the teams and referees to enter the stadium and delay the kick-off).

Therefore, undecided.

Pass and Move

No. This won’t hurt the Glazers. It just increases the visibility of their club globally and raises interest ahead of the next match.
Only a mass boycott of home games will have the required impact of causing them to question their investment.

Jev

The vote could use some nuances.

I'm fine with protests as I can see how the Glazers have exploited the local fans in particular, although as a continental fan I personally think they've been fine in terms of making plenty of money available for transfers while not interfering with sporting decisions.

But invading the stadium in order to get the match postponed? What's the point? We know by now that the Glazers don't care about fans' opinions so you're only punishing the players and the coaches who've sat waiting for hours in a quarantined hotel, plus you're potentially punishing the team with a possible points deduction (or alternatively helping Liverpool towards the Champions League with an automatic 3-0 win). Nothing is achieved.

Then you have the usual, drunken halfwits ruining it all with violent behaviour.

I voted no.

Drawfull

From Manchester. I was a season ticket holder for 15 years or so (18-34), 5 of which were spent flying from the Isle of Man and back for home games (and the included expensive hotel stays). Not sure how location is relevant apart from in a 'who's the reddest?' game.

I don't agree with invading the ground. I agree there needs to be change at the top, to a point, and that protest outside of the ground is a good thing in the long term, especially with the large numbers that attended. However, that alone would have garnered a similar amount of media attention and make a more powerful message than a few pissheads that will now dominate the narrative.

Strongly disagree with law-breaking to try and achieve a protest's goal, hence voted no. I appreciate this view appears to be in the minority here today.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I think we all want the Glazers gone but putting aside who can they sell it to or how can the fans and government step in.

It would take many more of these type of protests to have an impact and could see us forfeit many games and not qualify for the CL. The players and Ole have done very well to get up to second despite all the negativity aimed at Ole and the squad, think of all the hard work put in to climb from 5th and 6th regularly to throw that away near the end of the season.

If this carries on, the next season is a write off, players will leave, I think we slump down the table and possibly force the Glazers out but I'd rather have done this 2 years ago.

I don't see one protest having an affect, it will need major disturbance in covering the games worldwide and that could send us right down for a while. Maybe in the long run it would be good but we could've cut to the chase a few years ago and not nuke the resurgence under Ole.
short term pain, long term gain.

Steven-UK

Ruined my Sunday viewing/drinking and will achieve nothing; and those clowns throwing bottles at the police and their horses need a couple of months in Strangeways.

I would suggest that those who so no should all be banned.
Banned from what? and for what? a difference of opinion?

TrustInOle

Yes, the fans were magnificent and no way the Glazers don't take notice now. You will always get idiots in any protest and they should be named and shamed as they had no desire to protest in the first place, just idiots doing idiot things.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
In principle yes but I don’t see what the way out here is. Who are these benevolent billionaires that are going to buy us? I guess the best thing to hope for is more investment in the stadium and team.
For me it's about changes in regulation. The social and cultural relevance of football clubs and sports clubs as a whole should give them special status.

SinNombre

short term pain, long term gain.
So would you be ok with United getting relegated and losing all its key assets if it meant that the Glazers would sell?

That would be a more interesting poll to make.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hopefully this is just the start minus the violence. Not good chucking things at the peelers but invade the pitch and cancel games until Glazers give in. I could be naive but I think they may sell this time as they've already made an absolute fortune.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Abso-effin-lutely.

I hope the fan action we've seen recently is only just beginning. Not just to try and get the glazers out, but to protect football in general.

The ESL might be not have got off the ground this time around, but as long as owners like ours are around it's not dead. For our club's future and for the benefit of football fans need to stand up.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
As frustrating as it is to not get to see the highlight of the year, United-Liverpool, something has to be done to get these scumbags out of our club.

marktan

500%. Couldn't care less if we're forced to forfeit the game or docked points in the future for similar action. It's past time to make a statement against the money grabbing ruining football, leveraged buyouts in particular which is spreading to other clubs like Burnley.

That the owners of clubs have the power to do things like the super League is an absolute joke. All for the pursuit of more and more profit.