• Yes

Votes: 1,069 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 9.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 96 7.4%

• Total voters

Drawfull

If people disagree with the sentiment behind the protest, they can't be fans. The Glazers have acted like pimps prostituting our club for their own gain for years.
To disagree with the outrage today, is totally baffling to me.
I disagree with the violent part of the protest. I replied again to you i think saying as much. At the end of the day, I'm anti-Glazer mostly, I just don't see how the headlines being turned by a few is in any way helpful.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's not worth the effort, there's an irrational poison running through here today. Or vast swathes of our fanbase don't give a shit about criminality. They'll quote the suffragettes next.
Yep, it's been a real eye opener here today.

Irrational.

It's not worth the effort, there's an irrational poison running through here today. Or vast swathes of our fanbase don't give a shit about criminality. They'll quote the suffragettes next.
It’s been absolutely rabid in here today. Anyone who dares to oppose violent protest shot down and their support questioned.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
There’s definitely a whiff of “some men just want to watch the world burn” mentality here - half do genuinely want to see us relegated. It’s deeper than football though - this issue is essentially a microcosm of capitalist society in general with wealth inequality and globalisation ripping up communities at the forefront.

vidic blood & sand

C'mon man, this would have got massive coverage if the protest was outside the ground only. We're the biggest club in the world.
Biggest club in the world based on merit achieved before the glazers showed up. Now we have a stadium falling apart and we embarrass ourselves in the transfer market every year. Not to mention the ESL fiasco.

Drawfull

There’s definitely a whiff of “some men just want to watch the world burn” mentality here - half do genuinely want to see us relegated. It’s deeper than football though - this issue is essentially a microcosm of capitalist society in general with wealth inequality and globalisation ripping up communities at the forefront.
When the ESL was announced, I was briefly on the relegate train. The wealth / lack of wealth is a discussion beyond this particular thread I feel (aka, I had a beer and shit).

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That’s very unfortunate, but always happens when police step in to disperse protests. No idea why the police wouldn’t have had riot gear.
Those damn sexual assault victims & their clothes, right?

Jev

I just dont get what we want. Are we just protesting against the Glaziers and we want them out. We want 50+1. We want a Saudi takeover? There is no cohesive message. Or maybe its lost on me. We get the Glaziers out....then what? And its the then what that will get me to agree or disagree because if we are taken over by the Saudis then the protesters will have just fkd us over from my point of view.
This.

Then again, expecting the average football fan to think two steps ahead is probably asking too much.

If the result here is a points deduction, a hefty fine and the Glazers selling to the Saudis, then well fecking done, guys.

FatTails

I don’t know. People have the right to protest but I have my doubts about what it is that the fans want, and how much of it I agree with, and even if I did, if these protests can achieve that.

How many will be pacified for another few years if United spend 200m in the summer and get them a couple of shiny new players in? How many will be happy if the Glazers are replaced by the Saudis (judging by the sizeable sample size here, it would be 35%-40%)? Can you really force owners out of the club they own?

It is a nice symbolic move, but I have to agree with the people in here who are saying that it won’t lead to anything.

Drawfull

Biggest club in the world based on merit achieved before the glazers showed up. Now we have a stadium falling apart and we embarrass ourselves in the transfer market every year. Not to mention the ESL fiasco.
We've done OK - not saying more than OK - since they rocked up. The 'Football Club' part of the badge left long before them. The Glazer's have a duty to maintaint he stadium, absolutely, and I've not been since 2013 so it's probably even more run-down than back then, but they're not in charge of signings. Just the purse. And no matter how much they take, we've spent heavily. I know FFP has been exposed as toothless, but do you think it woiuld have been if we were doing the (over)spending?

mu4c_20le

I don’t know. People have the right to protest but I have my doubts about what it is that the fans want, and how much of it I agree with, and even if I did, if these protests can achieve that.

How many will be pacified for another few years if United spend 200m in the summer and get them a couple of shiny new players in? How many will be happy if the Glazers are replaced by the Saudis (judging by the sizeable sample size here, it would be 35%-40%)? Can you really force owners out of the club they own?

It is a nice symbolic move, but I have to agree with the people in here who are saying that it won’t lead to anything.
Yes, Liverpool did it to their previous owners.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I could have done without the flares directed at people etc. Doing enough to get the match postponed (or cancelled for that matter) - no problem with that. Today was a big deal in the fight to reclaim the club and the game. Proud of Keane and Neville on Sky and pleased that Carragher and even Micah recognised what today was about. This is more important than a single match and I hope it's the start of something better.

FreddieTheReddie

I would support it if they made it clear what they want. I would support a 50%+1 share rule but just getting the Glazers out won’t solve anything. There’s no guarantee that the next owners would be better.

What do we even want? We don’t want a sugar daddy investing tons of cash, buying trophies and we don’t want owners who want to make profit. We want owners who would buy Sancho, Grealish and three more in one window but we don’t want to look like City? How is that possible?

Now I’m afraid it will ruin our season, possibly the next one if protests continue, it will hurt players, Ole, all their hard work can be ruined, right now when we started to play well and have a chance to win a trophy.

So I have no idea what we want besides kicking the Glazers out of their own company. And noone knows what we will get if it happens. It can do more harm than good.

Also, reading comments like “if you don’t support this 100%, you are not a proper fan” makes me feel uneasy and unwelcome in a community where I spent a decade. So it’s really sad that supporters are ready to jump at each other’s throat becausethey don’t agree in the way a message is being communicated. I’m sure we all want the best for the club and the players.

Revan

Assumptionman
I agree with the protest, and feck the Glazers. They must leave.

However, at the same time, I think we might (rightly) lose the match 0-3 in the table, and potentially get a point deduction.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This.

Then again, expecting the average football fan to think two steps ahead is probably asking too much.

If the result here is a points deduction, a hefty fine and the Glazers selling to the Saudis, then well fecking done, guys.
Go on, non-average football fan, lay it out for us. I cannot wait to hear your master plan.

Seems to me there's a lot people here that think they can play the sanctimonious card and try to be some sort of football intellectual from afar, pushing the Glazer message of perputiating their favoured lack of action.

vidic blood & sand

I don't understand how fans could use the word "trespass" when people are walking onto the pitch of a club they love and are brokenhearted by the greed of disinterested owners.
Did United fans trespass when they carried Bryan Robson off the pitch in 1984 against Barcelona?

Roboc7

Why do so many focus on what the minority did and ignore the intent and message behind the protest. Are people dumb enough to think football fans up and down the country aren’t regularly arrested or involved in unsavoury incidents.

No one condones the minority going too far but anyone who can’t agree with sending a message to the owners is beyond me.

SinNombre

Probably not as there's no guarantee who'd they sell to and 50+1 is the aim, not just Glazers out.

But I (just) remember being relegated so been there before and the ride/journey since has been amazing. We'd be back
Fans can’t buy 50% of the club unless the club loses 90% of its current value.

That definitely means relegation and likely losing academy status and so on.

andyroox

The other thread is more of a running commentary. I'm interested to see how many of our fanbase on here support the protests and the ground invasion, maybe with a poll. And also how where you live influences the answer.

I 100% support them. Not the bottle throwing and violence, but just waving a few flags around and asking nicely achieves nothing. We needed to make a stronger statement and we've done it.
The other thread is more of a running commentary. I'm interested to see how many of our fanbase on here support the protests and the ground invasion, maybe with a poll. And also how where you live influences the answer.

I 100% support them. Not the bottle throwing and violence, but just waving a few flags around and asking nicely achieves nothing. We needed to make a stronger statement and we've done it.
I agree - the protests are a good idea, but the bottle throwing etc. will not win support.

The only thing the owners really understand is the financial bottom line, hitting that is the only thing that will get them worried. Unfortunately it means a total boycott of the MU brand - painful but not much else is going to get a reaction.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I don't understand how fans could use the word "trespass" when people are walking onto the pitch of a club they love and are brokenhearted by the greed of disinterested owners.
Did United fans trespass when they carried Bryan Robson off the pitch in 1984 against Barcelona?
The stadium is not open to fans for a reason.

Drawfull

Why do so many focus on what the minority did and ignore the intent and message behind the protest. Are people dumb enough to think football fans up and down the country aren’t regularly arrested or involved in unsavoury incidents.

No one condones the minority going too far but anyone who can’t agree with sending a message to the owners is beyond me.
Because the minority dominate the headlines, diluting the majority's work.

Lost bear

This.

Christ- I agree wholeheartedly with the protest - people seem to have forgotten that without it we’d have no democracy and no rights- but if we ended up with Saudi owners that would be worse than the current bunch of ghastly billionaires....

Last edited:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Important not to go too far into criminal damage etc. Otherwise 100% support

littlepeasoup

Fantards trespass on the pitch and 90% approve. You lot deserve each other. Out.
I would think the vast majority of that 90% agree with the sentiment behind the protest, whilst also disagreeing with the small minority who got into the ground. Indeed, if you go through pretty much every single post in this thread, you'll find this to be true.

Just curious whether or not you agree/disagree with the idea of the protest?