Do you see the plan yet?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The plan is to continue finishing 5th and 6th for the foreseeable future
I think the plan is for the Glazers to take as much money out of the club and then sell it to someone else just before sponsors start fleeing and our value starts going down. I won't be surprised if we are in negotiations with the Saudis as we speak.

ExoduS

We know how to run forward due pace of James and Rushford. Give them empty space and boom we are great going forward. Take that away and our midfield has no creativity and link up play with forwards.

There is this dangerous trend where players come to out team and are garbage compared to where they were. Examples are too many and latest one is Macguire.

It seems we bring players, shatter their confidence and they are forever garbage after that.

Judas

Open to offers
Us getting good results against City and Spurs then following it up like we have was so predictable, how more people didn't see it coming I don't know.

izec

Us getting good results against City and Spurs then following it up like we have was so predictable, how more people didn't see it coming I don't know.
Yep, the false dawns are there for a reason. Is it the 20th already? I wouldnt call it false dawn anyway, we are just game raisers these days and our manager isnt good enough. You only have to look at the month of December to see that.

Valuedrug

Nah.

Very few owners know their stuff in football. What they do is appoint people who do the thinking for them. If they fail to make an impact then they sack them and they hope to get it right the second time round. Woodward has been here ever since Gill retired. He did well on the financial side but had been horrible on the football side. Its evident that he needs some urgent help on that side. Instead we refuse to hire a top quality DOF, we rely on an inexperienced manager and a pool of inexperienced coaches (Carrick, Mckenna etc). That's not incompetence. We are quite happy were we are.
Maybe. I think the owners could care less about United winning, as long as they can keep sucking money out of the club. But I don’t know about Woodward. Are his briefings just attempts at manipulation, or is he serious about bringing some measure of success back? Does he at least have some degree of pride in his work, despite his obvious shortcomings as an executive?

Even if it won’t bring us back to the pinnacle anytime soon, as long as management is at least somewhat genuinely attempting to build something, instead of just stringing us all along while they bleed the club, it means there is still hope. Hope of a pocket of sanity opening up inside this mess, if the right people are ever brought in.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
The only way any plan can be salvaged is by relieving Ole of his duties before Christmas.

We are in a state of stagnation, and he has taken us as far as his abilities will permit. Would rather not have a bitter end to all of this with a great club Legend.

DVG7

Don’t know what everyone’s complaining about, think pogbas performance pretty much showed the plan is about to be put into full effect. I expect us to go on a 5 game win streak now.

soapythecat

The only way any plan can be salvaged is by relieving Ole of his duties before Christmas.

We are in a state of stagnation, and he has taken us as far as his abilities will permit. Would rather not have a bitter end to all of this with a great club Legend.
I disagree. The best way to salvage this is for the club to back him with a striker and CM in January.
We’ve created enough chances this last two games to be out of sight by HT and we wouldn’t even be having these discussions. Our play is looking lack lustre due to team getting down due to not scoring - that’s my take.
The silly mistakes are coming from a team that isn’t playing with confidence. Goals we should be putting away will change that.
We are better than our results.

Asger

Only plan I see is we are 8-9 players from top team quality squad.

Chairman Steve

I hope this plan involves the transfers being made are more like club signings rather than OGS signings. The last thing we need is another potentially failed managers players. His only chance is that he makes 1-2 transfers in January and they can be good enough to mask his deficiencies as a manager.

Lets not forget that a lot of this team were part of a squad that finished 2nd under Jose, and have beaten City and Spurs in the space of a week more recently... so it’s not like OGS is some amazing manager on the cusp of greatness and he’s working with shit players who are stopping him achieving that. We do have decent to good players around the squad.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I disagree. The best way to salvage this is for the club to back him with a striker and CM in January.
We’ve created enough chances this last two games to be out of sight by HT and we wouldn’t even be having these discussions. Our play is looking lack lustre due to team getting down due to not scoring - that’s my take.
The silly mistakes are coming from a team that isn’t playing with confidence. Goals we should be putting away will change that.
We are not better than our results, you can't say that when the sample size is over a year of football. We are absolutely clueless in possession, cannot be bothered to turn up for any game against a team outside the top 6 and have a coaching team that don't have the faintest of clues how to change that. Two signings will not all of a sudden change the fact.

That was almost a full strength side out there. Against bottom of the league turd.

Asger

out of interest, who do you think we should get to replace them?
I don’t know. They are just to inconsistent to start every game. They remind me of Nani. Poor or Brilliant.

Untd55

This is not true. We had no shots on target in the first half against Watford and only one good chance (Lingard).

Watford had more chances in the first half than we did. Watford had plenty of chances themselves to extend the lead in the second half. I don't think anyone could argue we were not second best in that game.

Are we really better than our results? For every game you say we could have won, I could give you a game where we should have lost. e.g. Sheffield United.

We have been poor in the vast majority of games and I cannot really point to a single performance where I would say we clearly deserved to win when we failed to do so.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Ole's at the wheel! Haters gonna hate

DVG7

That the players are behind the manager. That the fans who go to the games are mostly behind the manager. That our counter attack is lethal. That when our defence turns up, it’s very difficult to break down. That we still have one of the top goalkeepers in the world. That the bulk of our squad haven’t got to their peak, and will all reach it together. That we are a signing or two away from being able to get back to the top.

Instead of thinking we need to rebuild again and hire a new manager, realise that our main problem is creativity against teams that sit deep. You don’t replace a man that the players love playing for to achieve that, you either develop or buy the player who makes the difference.
Excellent post.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I've been behind the plan since the start of the season, through some very choppy waters at certain stages, and by god its not been easy to keep positive against the tidal wave of negativity on here, but...…..

Its too soon to start thinking job done, or posting anything that could blow up against you right now, because the pitchforks will come back out if we don't make it back into the CL next season. For me personally, that changes nothing in terms of continuing to back Ole and I have no doubt that he will lead the team out again come August, but the summer business has to be strong. For me we are definitely way ahead of schedule on this rebuild though. To have gone from what Jose left us with to maybe only needing 1 or 2 signings is for me quite remarkable in such a short period of time, but I still feel that this team needs another full season before it reaches it peak and is ready to challenge for the biggest honours.

Shark

@NotShark
I've been behind the plan since the start of the season, through some very choppy waters at certain stages, and by god its not been easy to keep positive against the tidal wave of negativity on here, but...…..

Its too soon to start thinking job done, or posting anything that could blow up against you right now, because the pitchforks will come back out if we don't make it back into the CL next season. For me personally, that changes nothing in terms of continuing to back Ole and I have no doubt that he will lead the team out again come August, but the summer business has to be strong. For me we are definitely way ahead of schedule on this rebuild though. To have gone from what Jose left us with to maybe only needing 1 or 2 signings is for me quite remarkable in such a short period of time, but I still feel that this team needs another full season before it reaches it peak and is ready to challenge for the biggest honours.
Exactly, still far too early. I understand that the people defending Ole all season are excited and rightly so, but there’s still a long way to go before we’re home and dry. Two major opportunities now to get us CL football and Rashford and Pogba coming back, very little excuses from here.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Exactly, still far too early. I understand that the people defending Ole all season are excited and rightly so, but there’s still a long way to go before we’re home and dry. Two major opportunities now to get us CL football and Rashford and Pogba coming back, very little excuses from here.
Well, I'll re-emphasise my point that he should and will stay regardless of whether we qualify for it. There is simply far too much going for us right now. We must still look at this long-term and right now there is enough strong evidence in front of us that to even consider a change would be a massive exercise in self-harm. Ole is doing a fantastic job so far.

Shark

@NotShark
Well, I'll re-emphasise my point that he should and will stay regardless of whether we qualify for it. There is simply far too much going for us right now. We must still look at this long-term and right now there is enough strong evidence in front of us that to even consider a change would be a massive exercise in self-harm. Ole is doing a fantastic job so far.
Fair enough, but the manor in which we don’t qualify surely has to come into consideration. Say we go on a run of five losses or a collapse similar to the end of last season, surely we’d have to question rather it’d be a good idea to persist given the players he now has at his disposal. I get that he’s had injuries and hasn’t been able to select his best eleven all season, but that’s now about to change.

Pearson

Getting into CL will be a huge success this season. Not getting into CL will be a shame.
Either way, I see Ole's plan.

Given how many injuries our key players had picked up at some crucial moments along the season and the way we have progressed so far, Ole should just stay with or without CL.

One and a half years ago, United was a giant battleship lost at sea without a captain. It looked like we were falling apart. We were laughing stocks.

And now, the ship has stabilized. Young players are growing mature, looking to assume their responsibilities for this club to carry us forward; rotten woods are being kicked out, wage structure is going to be much more healthy in the near future, etc.,

I see lots of people just don't acknowledge the magnitude of his job of reshaping and transforming this giant club when Ole took over.

for me, I am just grateful Ole is still here, doing his best to get us on the right track for the first time since Sir Alex retired.

Shark

@NotShark
Getting into CL will be a huge success this season. Not getting into CL will be a shame.
Either way, I see Ole's plan.

Given how many injuries our key players had picked up at some crucial moments along the season and the way we have progressed so far, Ole should just stay with or without CL.

One and a half years ago, United was a giant battleship lost at sea without a captain. It looked like we were falling apart. We were laughing stocks.

And now, the ship has stabilized. Young players are growing mature, looking to assume their responsibilities for this club to carry us forward; rotten woods are being kicked out, wage structure is going to be much more healthy in the near future, etc.,

I see lots of people just don't acknowledge the magnitude of his job of reshaping and transforming this giant club when Ole took over.

for me, I am just grateful Ole is still here, doing his best to get us on the right track for the first time since Sir Alex retired.
Look at my post above, #475. Are there any exceptions?

Last edited: